New 120hz LG scarlet HDTV

Don't know the first thing about S-3D? Just bought your first pair of 3D glasses? Trying to figure out what to buy? Post HERE!
MrDowntempo
One Eyed Hopeful

New 120hz LG scarlet HDTV

Post by MrDowntempo »

Hi All, haven't been here a while because I haven't made any progress on a 3D setup.

I doubt anyone remembers me to much so a short history on my S3D hopes. I have some anaglyph glasses and I was able to get that working but it is far from ideal. I purchased some decent but cheap shutter glasses from a company not selling them any longer since they are only compatible with 7 series nvidia cards and earlier. I was hoping to get it to work with an 8600 but ended up failing because compatibility was just too hard to achieve with my setup, and I don't want to sink a buncha money into building a compatible but antiquated AGP machine. (Those 7800 cards are still pricey and I'd have to buy more than just the GPU)

Anywho, my TV recently died so that is more important for me to spend money on... however, maybe i can kill 2 birds with one stone. I'm gonna be upgrading to a 120hz HDTV. This LG Scarlet. It is 120hz, but is that all I need to be compatible with Nvidia's new 3D shutter glasses? If so I just buy those when I can afford it and be allllll good. Nvidia only lists a very few TVs and displays as compatible though. I've talked to someone who says they sold the same tv to someone who did their research and bought it specefically for the nvidia glasses. Still I'm not convinced. Anyone know if it is compatible?

BTW i do have a compatible rig with a GTX260 so its only the TV I need to worry about (hopefully). If its not compatible with the nvidia 3d vision, would it be compatible with any other S3D solution? I know some HDTVs are capable of S3D through other means.

Thanks again guys,
MrDowntempo
Last edited by MrDowntempo on Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: New 120hz LG scarlet HDTV

Post by cybereality »

The Nvidia 3d vision is only compatible with a select few monitors/tvs and you should check on their website for the list. Just cause a tv advertises 120Hz doesn't mean it will work with the shutter-glasses. There are other specifics to how it refreshes those 120Hz that seperates it from standard sets. Because of this, I doubt that scarlet tv will work. Its entirely possible that it does work, I just doubt it.
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by Neil »

LG was showing off a series of 240Hz HDTVs at CES. This is what to look for - but they aren't out yet.

Regards,
Neil
snaileri
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by snaileri »

So they didn't say anything about it's release time?
Would be nice to see some bigger 3D ready LCD-screens this year.
Okta
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by Okta »

Check out the samsung 50inch dlp reviews. I think its the 450 series 3d ready. Older now and should be a bargain.
"I did not chip in ten grand to seed a first investment round to build value for a Facebook acquisition."
Notch on the FaceDisgrace buyout.

Return to “I'm New To Stereoscopic 3D!”