My Bloody Valentine 3D

Talk about the latest 3D movies in the theater and at home!
Dowjd
One Eyed Hopeful

My Bloody Valentine 3D

Post by Dowjd »

Has anyone else seen My Bloody Valentine 3D? If so what did you think? Was it good for the S3D movie industry?

I saw it Saturday, January 17th. It was the typical 80's slasher movie. As for the 3D it was pretty cool.

Would I recommend anyone seeing it? Yes and no.
Yes. For the S3D industry, yes. We need Hollywood to wake up and stop giving us boring 2D movies. We really need a big name movie in S3D and that would fire up the whole industry.

No. If you don't like blood, guts & chicken nuts movies, then its not for you. Definitely not for the squeamish or children. Can you say NIGHTMARES!!!

Anyway. If you've seen it, tell everyone what you thought about it?
staticbuddha
Cross Eyed!

Re: My Bloody Valentine 3D

Post by staticbuddha »

I saw it saturday aswell, Its quite funny as I went with my brother , his misses and two friends from work. All who havnt seen a new 3D film, ie they new about analgaph. Anyway I can truly say that I have converted them all even though only my brother and one of my mate saw betound the gimmik. My mate is even now talking about getting a 3D monitor and he is poping round saturday to see my Zalman screen....

Anyway the film had some great 3D effects even though I and the others went with agree that we wouldnt of seen it if it wasnt in 3D and that in a few years when 3D is more the norm that it wouldnt definatly get a looking..

The 3D effects I would give a 6 out of 10 - The was a good scene when a pick axe goes though someones head and his eye pops though the screen, also when a guy is looking down his shotgun and the end of the shotgun is coming out of the screen.

I do however feel these wheregreat 3D effects as no film has used these effects yet, but this film would only get a 3 out of 10 if I had seen a good dozon of films using these effects and a one review that I read says. The award for best 3D film is still up for grabs, which I think sums the film up

However a must see for all 3D gore lovers :)
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

I just saw this movie tonight. The movie itself was pretty cheesy but the 3d was cool. I was happy to see a sold-out show for a 3d movie. People definitely are getting put on to the stereo 3d. If you like horror movies then you owe it to yourself to check out this movie, even just to support the 3d industry. There were so decent 3d effects, nothing spectacular but still cool. Plus, theres nudity. Overall a decent flick but probably not worth seeing in 2D.
pixel67
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by pixel67 »

I went and saw it this weekend and thought they did a decent job on the movie. While it wasn't the "killer app" that I was hoping for as the acting was quite weak in parts, the 3D effects were well done. From the very beginning where the multiple layers of text fly in on the screen to several pop out effects with the pick axe. It added to the story rather than distracted away from it.
Nvidia 3D Vision Drivers
GTX 280/SLI
Optoma Pro350W
Xpand X102 Glasses
Welder
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Welder »

I haaven't seen it yet, because I unfortunately injured my knee, and am immobile for a while.

What kind of a horror movie is it?? The kind that jumps out to scare, or just blood and guts? I ask because I am not a big fan of horror, and being scared :) lol.
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by cybereality »

Welder wrote:I haaven't seen it yet, because I unfortunately injured my knee, and am immobile for a while.

What kind of a horror movie is it?? The kind that jumps out to scare, or just blood and guts? I ask because I am not a big fan of horror, and being scared :) lol.
I hope you heal up ok. Also the movie it just blood and gore, its not really scary at all.
Welder
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Welder »

cybereality wrote:
Welder wrote:I haaven't seen it yet, because I unfortunately injured my knee, and am immobile for a while.

I hope you heal up ok. Also the movie it just blood and gore, its not really scary at all.

ok, great. Thanks!

I hope I heal ok too... My knee went out, and they are not sure 100% if I injured anything vital yet.
Tril
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Tril »

I went to see it last friday at a RealD theater. It's not my type of movie. I prefer action or sci-fi movies and I also prefer less graphically violent movies. I only went to see it because it was 3D.

I can say that the 3D really added something to the movie. It was well done. There was often popout but it was always done properly (not intersecting with the screen edges). I'd say that it was so well done that it was a bit too much. Personally, I don't want to see what happens when a pickaxe enters a body part from one side and exits on the other side. The movie is rated 16+ here. I don't know what it takes for a movie to get 18+ but I thought this movie had it. Every time the pickaxe hit someone, you could hear people (mostly girls) yelling or laughing in the theater.

There is some lenghty nudity in this movie. That's a first for a 3D movie shown in 3D theaters. You get to see the backside of a trucker for a few seconds and the frontside of a pretty woman for a few minutes. By the way, I thought it was strange that the trucker did not wear underwear. He just put is pants on without any underwear.

The story is the usual, story about a loose killer in a small town. People get killed one by one and you wonder who is the killer.
CPU : Intel i7-7700K
RAM : 32 GB ram
Video card : GeForce GTX 980 Ti
Display : Samsung UN40JU7500 Curved 40-Inch UHD TV with shutter glasses
HMD : Oculus Rift

Return to “3D Movies (Blu-Ray and Theater)”