Geforce 3D Vision Supports SLI!

Find a good article? Got a news story to share? VR, AR, 3D...it's all good! No self promotion please.
pixel67
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Geforce 3D Vision Supports SLI!

Post by pixel67 »

This is really good news! I saw a little note on the Geforce 3D Vision website that mentioned SLI was supported and my curiosity got the best of me. In previous driver versions Nvidia simply disabled the second card so I thought I would float the obvious question past their support desk, "Does Geforce 3D Vision truly support SLI or disable the second card?" Here is their reply:
Thank you for contacting NVIDIA Customer care.
I will be assisting you with the query you have.
I understand that you are looking forward purchase the NVIDIA 3D Vision and you would like to know about the SLI and the framerate support with the 3D technology.
Thank you for your interests in NVIDIA Products.
Please be informed that the 2-Way SLI is fully usable with the new 3D stereo kit. However, the 3-Way and Quad SLI support is coming soon with the future driver release.
Regarding the SLI Technology: There will be a performance drop with the 3D stereo enabled. However, overall you will be getting a playable frame rate. For example, if you were playing a game and getting 50 fps and if you enable 3D stereo, the performance may drop to 30 fps but with SLI Technology enabled you will get 60 fps.
Also, I suggest you to visit the below mentioned link to find more information about the GeForce 3D Vision, wherein, you will find information about the system requirements, features and etc:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/GeForce_3D ... _Main.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Please feel free to contact us for any further clarifications.
Best regards,
NVIDIA Customer Care
Finally! We just might have a solution that minimizes the framerate hit associated with generating the stereo pair! Now we just have to deal with the cost and intricacies of SLI. GTX295 sure does look sweet...

:D
Nvidia 3D Vision Drivers
GTX 280/SLI
Optoma Pro350W
Xpand X102 Glasses
Darkbluesky
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Geforce 3D Vision Supports SLI!

Post by Darkbluesky »

Thanks Pixel67!! VERY good news. Only waiting to see if support for a GTX295 is as good as 2 x GTX 285. You now, GTX 295 is SLI in one card and I'm afraid it could have some driver issues...? (Just guessing, maybe there is no reason for this fear... In fact I would love to go for a GTX 295) I'm still stuck on 2 x 7900 GTX...
Silversurfer
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by Silversurfer »

That’s great news, my GTX 280 might be getting a bedfellow.

Does anybody know whether Microsoft flight Sim X is a good candidate for S3D via the iZ3D, Zalman or NVIDIA GeForce 3-D system?

I'm guessing I'm going to need a 120 Hz monitor anyway for any of the systems above?
Got a release or 3D news story to share? Email press@mtbs3D.com, and we'll put it up!

pixel67
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by pixel67 »

I haven't tried it but it looks like Nvidia has at least tested it. Doesn't mean its a good S3D Candidate though...
Nvidia 3D Vision Drivers
GTX 280/SLI
Optoma Pro350W
Xpand X102 Glasses
Silversurfer

Post by Silversurfer »

pixel67 wrote:I haven't tried it but it looks like Nvidia has at least tested it. Doesn't mean its a good S3D Candidate though...

Thanks pixel67 for the link to the NVIDIA website tested games. I see they give Microsoft flight Sim X an excellent rating but according to this review article(which I’m going to post in the news feeds section again) the NVIDIA ratings need to be taken with the proverbial ‘grain of salt’ as your mileage may vary etc etc!

Anyway it’s nice to know that they have tested it at least. I’m still on the fence as to which 22 inch monitor and glasses system to go for, IZ 3-D, this new NVIDIA with a standalone Samsung, ViewSonic, Zalman, and stay with my current shutter glasses. I know it’s a bit rich to ask but I wonder if anybody with the Zalman, iZ3D is going to bother purchasing the NVIDIA GeForce 3-D vision so we can have a direct comparison game to game, system to system, if so I‘ll wait for their opinion?
Got a release or 3D news story to share? Email press@mtbs3D.com, and we'll put it up!

Tril
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Tril »

There's always been a rating system from NVIDIA, even in the old stereo drivers.
CPU : Intel i7-7700K
RAM : 32 GB ram
Video card : GeForce GTX 980 Ti
Display : Samsung UN40JU7500 Curved 40-Inch UHD TV with shutter glasses
HMD : Oculus Rift

Silversurfer

Post by Silversurfer »

Tril wrote:There's always been a rating system from NVIDIA, even in the old stereo drivers.
Is this the old rating just ported over to the new GeForce 3-D vision system?

Tril
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Tril »

Silversurfer wrote:
Tril wrote:There's always been a rating system from NVIDIA, even in the old stereo drivers.
Is this the old rating just ported over to the new GeForce 3-D vision system?
No idea. It has recent games so at least, the new games ratings should be up-to-date. For the older games, I really don't know if they tried them all again with an updated stereo driver or if they just pasted the old ratings in the new rating system.
CPU : Intel i7-7700K
RAM : 32 GB ram
Video card : GeForce GTX 980 Ti
Display : Samsung UN40JU7500 Curved 40-Inch UHD TV with shutter glasses
HMD : Oculus Rift

Return to “User Contributed Immersive Technology News & Announcements”