NVIDIA Geforce 3DVision Reviews

Find a good article? Got a news story to share? VR, AR, 3D...it's all good! No self promotion please.
pixel67
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

NVIDIA Geforce 3DVision Reviews

Post by pixel67 »

Thought I would start a single thread linking to reviews around the net. Some of these are VERY well written. This is a "link to a link" as the NvNews website currently has 4 reviews linked from around the net. The PC Perspective review is probably the most in depth and best written but all seem very objective and informative. Keep 'em comin!
Nvidia 3D Vision Drivers
GTX 280/SLI
Optoma Pro350W
Xpand X102 Glasses
ssiu
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Re: NVIDIA Geforce 3DVision Reviews

Post by ssiu »

AnandTech also has a review (not mentioned in nvnews.net link at the time of my posting): http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=3493
Darkbluesky
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Darkbluesky »

Reading all these reviews, and seeing that people doesn't see popout effects I have a question, what about the convergence control/hotkeys?

The depth control of the IR emitter seems to control the separation, as the hotkeys Ctrl+F3 and Ctrl+F4 do.

Maybe the rest of hotkeys are under the 'Show advanced in-game settings' option seen in the screenshot of hotkeys menu ? or maybe they have annuled the convergence settings !!?

I would love if someone could confirm something about this.

EDIT: Maybe they have combined separation and convergence in a single control? I hope not...
Darkbluesky
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Darkbluesky »

Solved!

Bjorn3D has made a review where they show the convergence values:

http://www.bjorn3d.com/read.php?cID=1456&pageID=6093

Thanks God!
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

from nviews
GeForce 3D Vision has a unique built-in driver feature that adds a new crosshair at the correct depth. Early testing revealed that gamers could not properly aim at objects because the crosshair appears as two separate images for both eye views. For some, this rendered the game unplayable and severely hindered the gaming experience for others.
lol

btw new info from engadget

http://www.engadget.com/2009/01/08/sams ... -monitors/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Among the embarrassment of riches that CES has been for Sammy fans thus far, we have several new items available for your consideration. The SyncMaster 930ND is a 19-inch PC-over-IP-enabled display developed with Teradici Corporation that sports four USB connectors, 2-way audio, and DVI-out for a secondary display. For gamers, the 22-inch 2233RZ is an NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision-compatible monitor, due to hit the streets in April for an MSRP of $349. And rounding out the collection, the company has added two more DisplayLink monitors to the mix: the SyncMaster D190SU (19-inch) and D220SU (22-inch). No word on a release date or price for this one, but you'll know as soon as we do.
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!
pixel67
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by pixel67 »

Here is a review on the SLI Zone Forums.
Nvidia 3D Vision Drivers
GTX 280/SLI
Optoma Pro350W
Xpand X102 Glasses

Return to “User Contributed Immersive Technology News & Announcements”