Off topic but i could need some advice

Talk about everything off topic (EXCEPT POLITICS). Keep it fun!
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Off topic but i could need some advice

Post by Likay »

My old vcr's broke down and i'm about to buy a recordable dvd with hdd instead.
Here's the hook: I want to be able to record two inputs (composite/scarts) at the same time. I have looked into some brands and models but most of them with dual tuners are indeed only able to record one channel while you're can watch enother. There's no way to record two inputs at the same time. :/

My humble question is: Do anybody actually knows a device that manage the task? I'm not buying this only for stereo-3d recording but it would sure be a nice feature to have (i have two vga-to-tv converters). Buying two cheap recordable dvd's is no option. Price span is around up to 400 euros.

Thanks!
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
Tril
Certif-Eyed!

Re: Off topic but i could need some advice

Post by Tril »

I can't help you. I don't use one. I watch digital TV on a Motorola DCT6416 III. It's really a nice device.
  • It get the channels through a single input cable.
  • It has a dual tuner.
  • It allows to record two different tv channels at the same time and you can watch one of them while it's recording.
  • You can also record two different channels at the same time while you can watch a third show that you previously recorded.
There's no DVD recorder but even if I had one, I would not use it. I only need to record temporarily until I watch what I've recorded.
CPU : Intel i7-7700K
RAM : 32 GB ram
Video card : GeForce GTX 980 Ti
Display : Samsung UN40JU7500 Curved 40-Inch UHD TV with shutter glasses
HMD : Oculus Rift

Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Re: Off topic but i could need some advice

Post by Likay »

Yep. I've seen the recorders. Unfortunately the ones that are able to record two channels simultaneously can only record channels from the internal tuner. With two external signals it's unfortunately still no go. I guess getting a receiver should be fine as well if it's able to perform the desired task.
It's the same with some dvd's that actually have a dvb-t receiver. You can record two channels at the same time but it has to be two channels from the internal tuner...

Thank you anyway. :)
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D

Return to “General Discussion”