Cannont install Freepie Client - HTC Droid Incredible

Official forum for open source FreePIE discussion and development.
Pancakes
One Eyed Hopeful

Cannont install Freepie Client - HTC Droid Incredible

Post by Pancakes »

Hi,
So I'm trying to get the opentracker smartphone headtracker working for Elite Dangerous (https://github.com/opentrack/opentrack/ ... adtracking), but I cannot seem to install the Freepie client on my Droid.

I'm using an old HTC Incredible with Android V2.2 on it, and whenever I try installing the freepie .apk (com.freepie.android.imu.apk) I get a "Parse Error - There is a problem parsing the Package." And I so far have been utterly unable to resolve this.

My presumption is that the Freepie client is incompatible in some way with my old android, but as I cannot find any information regarding Freepie's compatibility, I cannot confirm this.

Anyway, help requested.
CyberVillain
Petrif-Eyed

Re: Cannont install Freepie Client - HTC Droid Incredible

Post by CyberVillain »

We use API level 2.3 so your phone wont work :/
Pancakes
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Pancakes »

Aww...so close. Yeah I figured it was something like that. Thanks.
Xrock
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Xrock »

I just completed a 2.1 version as my Optimus M wasn't compliant, (it's only 2.2). I commented out the incompatable code, losing "orientation" data calculations, but "raw" data still works.
JohnSnow22
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by JohnSnow22 »

It sounds like you're encountering compatibility issues trying to install the FreePIE client on your HTC Incredible running Android 2.2. Unfortunately, this might be due to the age of both the device and the Android version. FreePIE might have certain minimum requirements regarding the Android version and hardware specifications that your device doesn't meet.

To confirm whether FreePIE is compatible with your device, you might want to check the official documentation or forums related to FreePIE. Additionally, you could try reaching out to the developers or community members for assistance.

If it turns out that your device is indeed incompatible with FreePIE, you might need to consider alternative solutions for head tracking with Elite Dangerous. Depending on your budget and preferences, you could explore other head tracking software or even consider upgrading to a newer device that meets the requirements for FreePIE and other applications you're interested in.

Return to “FreePIE”