Completely new Geo11 Mod Manager should be done this weekend.

samfisherirl
One Eyed Hopeful

Completely new Geo11 Mod Manager should be done this weekend.

Post by samfisherirl »

https://streamable.com/7akmv9

been a while since I touched the geo11 mod manager. I should have a complete GUI rewritten in python out with a test release this weekend.

been a while since I touched the geo11 mod manager. I should have a complete GUI rewritten in python out with a test release this weekend.

it may not look like much now, the backend is done but it will include:
- steam library importer (module that can be used standalone)
- user picks from list of games, no touching files or paths
- automatically provide @artum vr-screen-cap and provide a user shortcut
- less errors with a real programming language.

- Ill be adding proper credits, ways to patch masterotakus patches, and a few other things. please inform me if theres anything that would be helpful or maybe I missed.

if you'd like to use the steam library parser, its got a working release here, off the back of yt-dl dev grub.
https://github.com/samfisherirl/VDF-Ste ... d-Validate

ill keep everyone posted on the mod manager but TLDR: no moving files, import games from steam, users get geo11 without damaging existing dx files.

cheers. happy new year. talk again soon.

https://github.com/samfisherirl/Geo11_Mod_Manager
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by samfisherirl on Sat Jan 07, 2023 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tullebob
Cross Eyed!

Re: Completely new Geo11 Mod Manager should be done this weekend.

Post by Tullebob »

Awesome! Will be fun to test!
3D Vision rig -> 8700k oc 4.9, asus rog 2080ti, 16 GB DDR4 3200 Mhz ram, Win 7 running driver 425.31 on SSD1, Win 10 running driver 452.06 on SSD2, Win 10 running latest Nvidia driver for Vulkan3dV and 2D gaming on SSD3, for 3d vision display: 1080p on VG248QE (and sometimes 1440p on PG278PR), Valve Index or Optoma UHD42 projector
samfisherirl
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by samfisherirl »

Tullebob wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 4:27 am Awesome! Will be fun to test!
I see you're a fellow 1ms g2g enjoyer. XG279Q and pg278qr, respectively.
samfisherirl
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by samfisherirl »

we got a grease man. and a test non-functional release https://github.com/samfisherirl/Geo11_M ... ses/tag/v3
Cyber77
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Cyber77 »

This is what i need ! A comfortable Geo-11 Mod Manager !

Do you support even VK3Dvision or Depth3D (DX12) in the future ?

All of them are compatible with Katanga, and i love Katanga !

[In WMR there are problems with the vr-screen-cap]

Do you support Epic, Ubi, EA Launcher in the future, too ? Are those easier to support ? Or is that too much effort for a small list of games in each launcher ?
samfisherirl
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by samfisherirl »

Cyber77 wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 10:37 pm This is what i need ! A comfortable Geo-11 Mod Manager !

Do you support even VK3Dvision or Depth3D (DX12) in the future ?

All of them are compatible with Katanga, and i love Katanga !

[In WMR there are problems with the vr-screen-cap]

Do you support Epic, Ubi, EA Launcher in the future, too ? Are those easier to support ? Or is that too much effort for a small list of games in each launcher ?
great questions! the biggest feedback I see or get in the flat2vr discord is the wish that geo11 could have a lower barrier to entry, that casual user would probably use it a lot more if it required less steps. (Even though I dont find the setup difficult.)

There are also many desperate tools - without 3dfixmanager getting updates from my recollection. Im actually going to poll the forum, springboarding off your question, and its here: viewtopic.php?t=26573

I do plan on having katanga as an option, on importing steam I'll probably make sure it looks for katanga.

as for origin and epic, etc, those apps all have very easy -to- manage libraries and I do plan on adding those in the future depending on the priorities that come.
maddcatt
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by maddcatt »

Thank you, Sir! This will make using Geo11 for a lot of novices much much easier and manageable.
Personally, I'm an old dude who has very limited understanding and installing fixes manually was a challenge until I used a bunch and then it became easy but not without constantly having to ask others simple things and wasting their time.
KimKelly
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by KimKelly »

Thanks, Sir! This will help many beginners use Geo11 more easily. I'm an older guy with limited understanding. Installing fixes manually used to be hard for me until I tried a bunch, and then it became easy. But I had to keep asking others simple things and wasting their time.
jainclark
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by jainclark »

samfisherirl wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 3:00 pm https://streamable.com/7akmv9

it may not look like much now, the backend is done but it will include:
- steam library importer (module that can be used standalone)
- user picks from list of games, no touching files or paths
- automatically provide @artum vr-screen-cap and provide a user shortcut
- less errors with a real programming language.

- Ill be adding proper credits, ways to patch masterotakus patches, and a few other things. please inform me if theres anything that would be helpful or maybe I missed.

if you'd like to use the steam library parser, its got a working release here, off the back of yt-dl dev grub.
https://github.com/samfisherirl/VDF-Ste ... d-Validate

ill keep everyone posted on the mod manager but TLDR: no moving files, import games from steam, users get geo11 without damaging existing dx files.

cheers. happy new year. talk again soon.

https://github.com/samfisherirl/Geo11_Mod_Manager
Hey there!

That sounds like fantastic progress on the geo11 mod manager! A complete GUI rewritten in Python will undoubtedly enhance user experience. The inclusion of a steam library importer and the option for users to select games without dealing with file paths is a significant convenience.

The integration of features like automatically providing @artum vr-screen-cap and minimizing errors with a more robust programming language is impressive. It's great to hear about plans for proper credits, patching masterotakus patches, and other additions. Your attention to detail and user feedback is commendable.

Thank you for sharing the link to the steam library parser; it'll surely be helpful for many CapCut users. The emphasis on a seamless experience without moving files and ensuring the safety of existing dx files is crucial.

Looking forward to the test release this weekend! Wishing you a happy new year as well and excitedly awaiting further updates on the mod manager. Keep up the excellent work! Cheers!
Last edited by jainclark on Wed Jan 03, 2024 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feisty_Fernando
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Feisty_Fernando »

maddcatt wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 3:02 am Thank you, Sir! This will make using Geo11 for a lot of novices much much easier and manageable.
Personally, I'm an old dude who has very limited understanding and installing fixes manually was a challenge until I used a bunch and then it became easy but not without constantly having to ask others simple things and wasting their time.
KimKelly wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 1:43 pm Thanks, Sir! This will help many beginners use Geo11 more easily. I'm an older guy with limited understanding. Installing fixes manually used to be hard for me until I tried a bunch, and then it became easy. But I had to keep asking others simple things and wasting their time.
Something about this thread is making me imagine the theme from The Twilight Zone.
mncraftmod
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by mncraftmod »

That's remarkable progress on the geo11 mod manager! A complete GUI overhaul in Python is poised to greatly improve the user experience. The addition of a steam library importer and the ability for users to select games without the hassle of dealing with file paths is a significant convenience.

The incorporation of features like automatically providing @artum vr-screen-cap and minimizing errors with a more robust programming language is indeed impressive. It's fantastic to hear about plans for proper credits, patching masterotakus patches, and other enhancements. Your meticulous attention to detail and responsiveness to user feedback is truly commendable.

Thank you for sharing the link to the steam library parser; it will undoubtedly prove invaluable to many [url]CapCut users[/https://capcutapkapp.com]. Ensuring a seamless experience without the need to move files and safeguarding existing dx files is paramount.

I'm eagerly looking forward to the test release this weekend! Wishing you a happy new year as well, and eagerly anticipating further updates on the mod manager. Keep up the outstanding work! Cheers!
mncraftmod
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by mncraftmod »

That's remarkable progress on the geo11 mod manager! A complete GUI overhaul in Python is poised to greatly improve the user experience. The addition of a steam library importer and the ability for users to select games without the hassle of dealing with file paths is a significant convenience.

The incorporation of features like automatically providing @artum vr-screen-cap and minimizing errors with a more robust programming language is indeed impressive. It's fantastic to hear about plans for proper credits, patching masterotakus patches, and other enhancements. Your meticulous attention to detail and responsiveness to user feedback is truly commendable.

Thank you for sharing the link to the steam library parser; it will undoubtedly prove invaluable to many capcut users. Ensuring a seamless experience without the need to move files and safeguarding existing dx files is paramount. visit [https://mncraftmod.com]

I'm eagerly looking forward to the test release this weekend! Wishing you a happy new year as well, and eagerly anticipating further updates on the mod manager. Keep up the outstanding work! Cheers!
Philljones22
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Philljones22 »

Wow, it's fantastic to hear about the impressive progress on the geo11 mod manager! Rewriting the complete GUI in Python will undoubtedly elevate the user experience. The addition of a steam library importer and simplifying game selection without dealing with file paths is a significant convenience.

The incorporation of features like automatically providing @artum vr-screen-cap and minimizing errors using a more robust programming language is truly remarkable. It's commendable how you're planning proper credits, patching masterotakus patches, and other enhancements based on user feedback and attention to detail.

Thanks for sharing the link to the steam library parser; it'll be incredibly useful for many Picsart users. Ensuring a seamless experience without file movements and safeguarding existing dx files is paramount.

Excitedly looking forward to the test release this weekend! Wishing you a happy new year and eagerly anticipating further updates on the mod manager. Keep up the outstanding work! Cheers!

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”