I made a little cycling simulator using Google Maps (expires 17th April 2024)

Talk about everything off topic (EXCEPT POLITICS). Keep it fun!
Benjimoron
Two Eyed Hopeful

I made a little cycling simulator using Google Maps (expires 17th April 2024)

Post by Benjimoron »

I made a little cycling simulator using Google Maps, it's just an experiment that I did and will only work until April 17th at the latest so enjoy it while it lasts. To properly simulate the bike you will need a Windows PC and an air mouse, which you can attach to the pedals of an exercise bike to control the speed of the bike in game, ie the faster you pedal the faster you'll move in game. For testing though you can just press F to enable fake input and you can use keypad 8 & 2 to change speed or use 1-6 on top of the keyboard to change gears (beware - can go ridiculously fast!).

To use an air mouse, you'll need it to be in mouse control mode, the cursor will be hidden, but in effect as it travels up and down the screen its speed will be captured and control the in game speed, ie if you pedal faster, the mouse cursor would move up and down faster and therefore the in game bike would move faster.

Have fun!

Download link:
https://we.tl/t-xRnic0rcHA
(You'll need to extract the zip file and then run "Cycling Simulator")

Keys:

Q - Restart game
F - Toggle fake input
C - Toggle minimap camera
H - Toggle HUD
Keypad Plus & Minus - Zoom in & out minimap camera
M - Toggle minimap display full screen
G - Move Bike quickly down towards ground level
Right shift - Fly up (increase height)
Right Control - Fly down (decrease height)
Return - Fly mode off (start to fall)
A/D or left/right arrows - Turn

Numbers on top of keyboard:
1 - Gear 1
2 - Gear 4
3 - Gear 16
4 - Gear 64
5 - Gear 256
6 - Gear 1024
0 - Reverse gear 1
(Anything above gear 1 is a bad idea)

S - Toggle auto save (probably won't work now)
L - Load last saved position (also probably won't work now)

Keypad 8 - Increase calibration (go faster)
Keypad 2 - Decrease calibration (go slower)
Left shift - Go super fast (really bad idea)

Space - Press to start game once the map has loaded, too early and you'll fall through the world! Also press to jump when in game.

Alt + F4 - Exit game

You can also use a steering wheel etc to perform some of these controls, including turning using the wheel.

If entering a longitude/latitude you'll need to enter a height, try 1000 and then use G to move back to ground level if it's too high. If it was too low try again with a higher figure, you'll work it out! You can get the longitude/latitude of somewhere you want to go from Google Maps. Use alt + tab and copy/paste.

Works best at 1080p or 4k, awkward resolutions might be a problem.

Game will only work until 17th April or before, enjoy while you can!
Benjimoron
Two Eyed Hopeful

Re: I made a little cycling simulator using Google Maps (expires 17th April 2024)

Post by Benjimoron »

Return to “General Discussion”