geo-11 Just Cause 4

neovad
Two Eyed Hopeful

geo-11 Just Cause 4

Post by neovad »

Tried Just Cause 4 and vsync fine here! FPS very fine. On my i5-12400 always 60 FPS. This game had huge stalls before
WZZ
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: geo-11 Just Cause 4

Post by WZZ »

need to wait a fix? or just geo can make it 3d playerable?i remenber it has shadow problem on 3d vision
neovad
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by neovad »

Losti's fix http://helixmod.blogspot.com/2021/01/just-cause-4.html works fine with Gold Edition from 2018. New build 4110618 has problems but may be Losti will fix it
bo3bber
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by bo3bber »

I checked the Just Cause 4, and got the overlay working, and could do shader hunting. This is for Epic Game Store version. Win10 21H1, Driver 512.95.

I set upscaling=0 and ran the game at full resolution of my monitor, 2560x1440. It's worth noting that the upscaling code can be sketchy, and does not always work, so it's worth trying at full device output resolution with upscaling disabled. I ran the game in borderless fullscreen, and windowed mode also worked. Alt-return worked once, but crashed on second try. Alt-tab seems fine with it windowed. Resizing to 1920x1080 also worked when windowed. Switching to fullscreen at 1080p also worked, but switching back to windowed crashed.

Worth noting the DX9 output mode actually worked in fullscreen, which is a bit of a miracle, and why I'm running driver 512.95, for testing.

Otherwise I used defaults from the 0.6.6 install, including the show_fps_monitor=true. I did not try Losti's fix here, just testing compatibility.

Hot keys were working. We set these to nvidia same keys for ctrl f3/f4 f5/f6.

I do see errors in the log about not being able to wrap the backbuffer, but I think maybe those are cleared up after changing windowed mode, or resolution. Not sure. Default in d3dxdm.ini should be: get_resolution_from = large_2d_depth_stencil_if_swap_chain_native but I think it is missing. If you get strange effects, especially size related, this is worth trying. There might be scenarios where not being able to wrap backbuffer disables the hunting overlay.
3DJ
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by 3DJ »

Reposting from viewtopic.php?p=184750#p184750 because it seems relevant here as well

Before (just turning on 3D vision, with or without the driver hack):
After (with Geo-11):

However, it's very unstable. It consistently crashes after a few minutes of playtime or even on startup.
I've attached the logs in the same spreadsheet: https://airtable.com/shrjrcX7OhDRDoBam
bo3bber
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by bo3bber »

Thanks for the benchmarks- this is super cool to see.

One thing we've found about JC4- set hunting=0 if it is on. =1 or =2 makes it crash. Same is true of God of War.
3DJ
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by 3DJ »

bo3bber wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:46 pm Thanks for the benchmarks- this is super cool to see.

One thing we've found about JC4- set hunting=0 if it is on. =1 or =2 makes it crash. Same is true of God of War.
That did the trick! Was able to play for like 20 mins without issues!
By turning down a few settings, it was mostly 60FPS too.
Dazzawill
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Dazzawill »

Anyone try Just Cause 3. For me textures were all wrong or missing. Used original fix with geo 11 over the top. Shame cause JC4 is amazing.
Kaizen777
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Kaizen777 »

Another bump for Just Cause 3. I tried it as well, the ground textures were missing. It's the same fix I used in the past that was working great... until I got my 3090. I really want to finish this game... in 3D! =D
Kaizen777
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Kaizen777 »

Did anybody ever get Just Cause 3 to work with geo-11? I've been waiting for years hopeful that someone would. I've never played a game with better explosions than this one, and in 3D they are GLORIOUS! ; )
UnityBeing
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by UnityBeing »

Kaizen777 wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:33 pm Another bump for Just Cause 3. I tried it as well, the ground textures were missing. It's the same fix I used in the past that was working great... until I got my 3090. I really want to finish this game... in 3D! =D
Let me investigate if I can find a workaround, but your best man is Abwezi in Helix discord server - he is a genius at making dx9 work in latest gpus. Good Luck.
“3D Vision did preserver in the hands of passionate geeks and lost support in the hands of the overbearing nerds” - UnityBeing
UnityBeing
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by UnityBeing »

Thanks to DHR for fixing Just Cause 3 I'll game it in a 4070ti tuf oc fully maxed out. The workaround isn't perfect but works, wait for abwezi, or contact him in helix discord server for a proper workaround. This is my own workaround thanks to the files from Borderlands 3 by DJ-RK. It took work and testing, so please enjoy. Been up all night and it's 10am.

donation pp for them are: PayPal: Borderlands 3 files that saved my ass many times by paypal.me/DJ-RK / Just Cause 3 Fix by PayPal: paypal.me/DHRdonation
Best Regards,

:shutter
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
“3D Vision did preserver in the hands of passionate geeks and lost support in the hands of the overbearing nerds” - UnityBeing

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”