Just a Thank you post !!!!

Losti
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Just a Thank you post !!!!

Post by Losti »

I just want to thank all the users giving me something back for my work with a simple "THANK YOU" and of course your donations!!! I am often in poorer makeup and this feedback keeps the engine running, thank you !!!

At this point i want to encourage you to spend some donations for the peoples often behind the scenes regarding my work:

DarkStarSword - Master shader hacker, if DSS would have the time i have, he could do anything - many fixes where created with the script for UNITY-Enging for example, he created and 3DMigoto is one of the things we may often forget, without this tool, NO fix would ever been created!!!
Donation: https://www.paypal.me/DarkStarSword

Bo3B is behind the scenes and he is also a creator of MIGOTO, hosting helix blog and is silent but brilliant, his latest project is HelixVision (Pauldusler is also included, the creator of 3D-Fix-Manager), bringing 3D-Fixes to be alive at VR headsets....support both by a purchease if you like this idea!!

Masterotaku - Master of shader hacking, he can achieve everything. One of the most active and talented shader hackers here. I often need him for solving problems and he is always presend for me and everyone, GREAT RESPECT, DUDE, and THANK YOU !!!
Donation: masterotakusuko@gmail.com

DHR - Creator of the UNREAL 4 universal fix as well as UNITY-UNIVERSAL fix, in combination with DSS Script or just standalone many UNITY games seems to be perfect:
Donation: http://www.paypal.me/dhrdonation

Together: let us play :shutter :shutter :shutter :shutter :shutter :shutter :shutter :shutter :shutter :shutter :shutter
Lundamyrstrollet
Two Eyed Hopeful

Re: Just a Thank you post !!!!

Post by Lundamyrstrollet »

This is insane!!! We have to thank you for all the fixes you(DHR, Bob,DSS. masterotaku and many more) have done lately, but please dont forget your Wife and your other Life, and please remember: You always dont get what you deserve... But, and i think i can speak for most Guys here: That Feeling,and the Immersion added from your fixes to most of the Games is priceless and never forgotten!!!
guitarlickz
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by guitarlickz »

yea.. thank you all.. you are one of the best things that happened in my life.
miss you DHR.. and also DSS
Shift-E
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Shift-E »

yes it seems we have lost a few big names recently, and you have certainly stepped up to help keep this passionate community going! so thank you Losti!!! just remember to pace yourself, and balance with home life. we want to keep 3D going for as long as possible. You guys are all amazing and we owe a great debt for all your hardwork! you all have corrupted me, as I can never go back to 2D gaming again :mrgreen:
Losti

Post by Losti »

Shift-E wrote: just remember to pace yourself, and balance with home life
Just a problem but this is a fight I have to carry out with me alone ....

Shift-E wrote: as I can never go back to 2D gaming again
DITO !!!

hm... but i havnt played a game since arround 2 years :-) LOL started shader hacking for making games perfect for my own if no one will fix it....but.....I end up in a fixing circle....hm..... :woot

Dont care about me, just also considder the persons behind the scenes and many fixes and support those! (not me in this case!)

Thats all what i want to say :-)
bo3bber
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by bo3bber »

As always, we have our amazing ShaderHackers to thank for all these fixes. And a number of people in the background doing support for things like myself and DarkStarSword on 3Dmigoto additions. Lots and lots of contributions over the years, and I also thank one and all.

If you are motivated, please help out by spending some time. I'm always more interested in your time than your money. :-> Helping in whatever way you can, even just letting us know that fixes are still running correctly by commenting on the blog. Help with testing, help with trying out the universal fixes on new games. Anything that strikes your fancy. Community is about everyone lending a hand.

If you want to support me and PaulDusler by buying HelixVision, that would be great. We are also using it as a metric for interest in 3D as a whole.

And HelixVision is now paying for our hosting costs on AWS, as eqzitara has handed that off to me. So a vote here for $5 also helps keep our hosting online. (It currently costs about $100/year for hosting on AWS, so we are fine.)
Skawen

Post by Skawen »

bo3bber wrote: We are also using it as a metric for interest in 3D as a whole.
And how many users are interested in HelixVision if this is not secret ?
Zappologist
Cross Eyed!

Post by Zappologist »

Our thanks can never compensate the amount of work, passion and knowledge the ShaderHackers and tool developers bring to keep this community, and our biggest hobby, alive and still running despite trying to be killed by the industry via polls/focus groups/gaming fashion/lambda user habits/clueless cyclops.
But I offer them nonetheless.

THANK YOU ALL, I LOVE YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART FROM EVERYTHING THAT YOU'VE DONE AND KEEP DOING!!!!!!

Encouraged by Bo3b's reply, I started to add comments to HelixMod game posts for every game that I play. Like many users, and as per human nature, I did not do this frequently, and mostly post comments when I have an issue to report. But I will try to always do this in the future, not only to show my appreciation and offer thanks, but also to assist other users with all the info I gather on the game, and all technical steps I take to help with the fix installation, game performance, better controls, etc.

I will try to add specific value to the HelixMod fix entries, by providing:
- some info about the game in general, (I loved it when eqzitara and then DHR used to always provide their impression on playing the game, what they liked or disliked)
- some focus on 4K users, as I think not many fixers have 4K screens while there are quite a few users with these setups and it's a true pain to get good performance, especially if the fixes sometimes require certain CPU-intense settings to be on ULTRA.

I can rarely contribute financially, so I hope that my meager contribution of time and personal experience with the game/fix can assist others, and can give our ShaderFixers a truer measure of our appreciation for their efforts.

THANK YOU ALL AGAIN, you bring me so much happiness. Without 3D I know for a fact that I would stop playing games.
Blacksmith60

Post by Blacksmith60 »

Thank you all in here, I truly hope that we'll stick together for atleast the next decade, it's allways a pleasure to follow the posts in here.

I'll encourage all the lurkers to join the discussions, or just express their gratitude, or whatever, take a look at our old forum, there's not minuttes or hours between the posts as before, now it's days....
As bo3b said we need a strong and active community, that also makes it interesting to newcommers or just curious lurkers to peak in here.

Our shaderhackers needs all our gratitude and much much more, remember the thanks and and a little coin never hurts!
Yesterday I donated a small dove to one of them, later I recieved a "thanks for the thanks" pm, it touched me and reminded me of the importance of doing so, even if it's not much, nobody has nothing to offer!

THANKS guys, love you all !!!
bo3bber
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by bo3bber »

Skawen wrote:
As a general rule in business, nobody ever talks about sales figures. It's a deep dark secret, and I've never been exactly clear on why that may be. Maybe because of the human nature that if something doesn't seem to be popular, then people will ignore it. You see this with VR headset sales figures- no one is talking.

Not sure if this is a terrible idea, but I'll share that we've just crossed 400 sales. Even in its currently non-prime state. We aren't doing any advertising outside of automatic Steam ads, and won't pitch it to youtubers and websites until it is in better shape. We absolutely need a better story for the 1903 problem before getting higher visibility.

All in all, I think it's doing OK. Still to early to tell. It's quite a bit higher than our predicted number of active forum members, which means it's getting some traction outside of 3D Vision Club. This is a niche, within a niche, for something that has been canceled by Nvidia, and doesn't work quite right on 1903+latest drivers, so it seems OK for now. We'll see.
Skawen

Post by Skawen »

bo3bber wrote:
Skawen wrote:
As a general rule in business, nobody ever talks about sales figures. It's a deep dark secret, and I've never been exactly clear on why that may be. Maybe because of the human nature that if something doesn't seem to be popular, then people will ignore it. You see this with VR headset sales figures- no one is talking.

Not sure if this is a terrible idea, but I'll share that we've just crossed 400 sales. Even in its currently non-prime state. We aren't doing any advertising outside of automatic Steam ads, and won't pitch it to youtubers and websites until it is in better shape. We absolutely need a better story for the 1903 problem before getting higher visibility.

All in all, I think it's doing OK. Still to early to tell. It's quite a bit higher than our predicted number of active forum members, which means it's getting some traction outside of 3D Vision Club. This is a niche, within a niche, for something that has been canceled by Nvidia, and doesn't work quite right on 1903+latest drivers, so it seems OK for now. We'll see.
This is good to hear that there is some interest outside of regular 3d users & after the advertise's on Youtube & VR websites I think this will attract even more customers, but of course if 1903 problem can be solved, because if there will be needed some tinkering from users then most probably they will just refund. Shame that nowdays PC users are so console thinking :(

But I wish You all the best with this tool & hope that it will breathe new life in 3d:)
Losti

Post by Losti »

bo3bber wrote:
Skawen wrote:

But there is a solution for the 1903 thing, but not for any user who want to do more than one click....I don t think that this should be a problem for your to change things swing found out to implement in helix vision ???

I am just a stupid Dipl.Ing I(FH) for biotechnology, no idea but there is a solution and i think some brain can introduce this into a helix vision "driver" that will cure this while installing ???
bo3bber
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by bo3bber »

Losti wrote:But there is a solution for the 1903 thing, but not for any user who want to do more than one click....I don t think that this should be a problem for your to change things swing found out to implement in helix vision ???

I am just a stupid Dipl.Ing I(FH) for biotechnology, no idea but there is a solution and i think some brain can introduce this into a helix vision "driver" that will cure this while installing ???
In this case it's not really a technical problem, assuming that Schwing's approach continues to work.

It's more a question of a commercial product doing this level of modifying the driver. I presently don't think that is going to be acceptable for the regular customer. For 3D modding, no question it's fine, but I can't in good faith directly modify their driver.

At a very minimum, this could get them banned from multi-player games.

If this winds up being the only possible way forward, we might add it as an opt-in feature after explaining the risks and what it does.

(The installation of the 3D Vision driver via 3DFM using your approach is not as bad I think, because it's just changing the version lockout, and is modifying the component that is not really risky.)
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Too many un-thankful people and non-contributors.

Then throw drunks, druggies and idiots into the mix and it makes it no longer worth it.
Cowboybob
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Cowboybob »

Plenty of us with keen interest are here.
I don't post alot, but visit several times daily, here and discord. I am incredibly greatful for everyone keeping 3d alive, hell I just upgraded my benq 1080 to rog pg278q. I've tried OR cv1, Lenovo explorer and meta quest 3 most recently. Sold them all and can't leave 3d vision. I'm into Sim racing, AC, ACC, DR2, Raceroom 3, mostly rF2 and now LeMans Ultimate.
As stated, very appreciative to all who fix games etc. Fully understand why you guys get angry when people destroy, alter, modify ( perhaps badly) and take credit for your work, I feel it's not my position to judge as the work you do is way outside my ability or understanding. Just realise I'm sure there are many more greatful users similar to myself. Taking your awesome work and leaving only means your punishing many of us who are extremely grateful for what you do.
bearkoolboy
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by bearkoolboy »

I have less time to interact with you, but there should be rewards for the effort!

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”