How to add 3D Vision support to a Unreal Engine 4.25 dummy game

Tutorials on how to create your own rigs, pics, movies, and everything that has to do with S-3D at home!
floph
Cross Eyed!

How to add 3D Vision support to a Unreal Engine 4.25 dummy game

Post by floph »

Hi,

I want to make a game with built in 3D Vision support but I am having a hard time figuring out how to that.

I am trying to add 3D Vision support to a dummy game made with Unreal Engine 4.25.

What I tried so far is to add the game to 3DFixManager, created a profile for it and installed the Universal Unreal Engine fix through 3DFixManager.
But when I start the game there is only one 2D image instead of 2 stereo images.
The green text shows, the convergence and depth shortcuts both work OK but F11 (for cycling through stereo modes) does not work.

Do you guys have any idea on how to add 3D Vision support to a dummy game made with Unreal Engine ?

Thank you !
earlwalker
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: How to add 3D Vision support to a Unreal Engine 4.25 dummy game

Post by earlwalker »

floph wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 4:59 pm Hi,

I want to make a game with built in 3D Vision support but I am having a hard time figuring out how to that.

I am trying to add 3D Vision support to a dummy game made with Unreal Engine 4.25.

What I tried so far is to add the game to 3DFixManager, created a profile for it and installed the Universal Unreal Engine fix through 3DFixManager.
But when I start the minecraftle game there is only one 2D image instead of 2 stereo images.
The green text shows, the convergence and depth shortcuts both work OK but F11 (for cycling through stereo modes) does not work.

Do you guys have any idea on how to add 3D Vision support to a dummy game made with Unreal Engine ?

Thank you !
Hello, first you should configure the Game Window. In Unreal Engine Editor, go to the "Window" menu and select "Level Editor World Settings." In the World Settings panel, find the "Play" section and set the "New Window" option to "Standalone Game." Save your settings.
Then, you should modify the Game Executable. Locate the game's executable file (.exe) on your computer.
Right-click on the executable and select "Properties."
In the Properties window, navigate to the "Compatibility" tab. Check the box that says "Disable Fullscreen Optimizations." Apply the changes and close the Properties window.

Return to “Do it Yourself!”