Doom 3 BFG edition, Stereoscopic settings

PPorquer3D
One Eyed Hopeful

Doom 3 BFG edition, Stereoscopic settings

Post by PPorquer3D »

how are you, i am a gamer that takes a lot of time to get caught up.

I recently purchased Doom 3 BFG & found the 3D to be a mess, i had to fix it with commands, & so far all seems to be perfect, except for the Muzzle flares.
basically the fix is to make your weapons appear further & then scaling them to a bigger size (this does not affect the projectiles)
that way weapons get their Own "layer" of separation & convergence. But scaling the weapons gives you gigantic muzzle flares

Does any one know how to reduce their size?
UnityBeing
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Re: Doom 3 BFG edition, Stereoscopic settings

Post by UnityBeing »

Hi,

I tried getting Doom 3 BFG to work in 3D vision and I can't. I got a 3700x and 2070 super. Do you know how I can get 3D to kick in.

I've tried a few things and can get Emitter to light up but no 3D.
Megapsychotron
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Megapsychotron »

For 3D Vision, make sure you set the 3D mode to Quad Buffer, it should kick in at that point.
I play it in 3D at on interlace on my 4K passive 3D set, looks great
alanpotts
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by alanpotts »

Make sure you set the 3D mode to Quad Buffer.
PPorquer3D
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by PPorquer3D »

Unitybeing,

i was playing the game (bfg edition) using its default (internal) 3D, Over/under mode -
i do not like its default "interlacing" mode , because it has a lot of ghosting, this 3d tv i have seems to have some problem with games that do the interlacing themselves, & games that do 3d in the xbox 360 also give me this problem.
I get the best 3d using over under mode & manually switching on the mode with my 3dTV (i have passive glasses)

i played the original game on an old dual core machine & an Nvidia 3d vision card using a zalman driver over ride driver for my "monitor" & a opengl to directX converter, borderless gaming & a hack to erase the aiming reticle or (target) - the problem i mentioned in the first post (large muzzle flares) did not seem happen with the original game.

sorry for the late reply....
UnityBeing
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by UnityBeing »

I hacked DOOM BFG, works on 40 series, please consider trying it if any uses arises on your end, here is the thread: viewtopic.php?t=29054
UnityBeing
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by UnityBeing »

Update: setting 165hz in Doom BFG allows perfect 3D without issues, lower hz proves challenging to have a good experience. Not sure what it means to play 3D in 165hz, or if its a bug in Helifax genius work. But it works. Good luck.
“3D Vision did preserver in the hands of passionate geeks and lost support in the hands of the overbearing nerds” - UnityBeing

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”