Feisty_Fernando
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Re: Days Gone on PC this spring + more PS titles

Post by Feisty_Fernando »

3DNovice wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 10:46 am Playstation games have changed to
PlayStation PC LLC on Steam publisher listing

Kind of odd...

Probably a tax evasion strategy :P
Isn't LLC = Limited Liability Company and they don't pay taxes? Accountants have revealed if you ever win the lottery to go create your own LLC to avoid the taxes.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

VR3D
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by VR3D »

Days Gone has been such an immersive 3d experience. The weather effects and sounds really put you there. The landscapes are so beautiful. The lighting is breathtaking. I never owned a motorcyle but this games just gives you a sense of freedom roaming around. Not sure how far into the game I am but for some reason filling up with gas, fixing the bike, gathering supplies and crafting weapons and health supplies never gets old.

I was really into VR for the past several years. Unfortunately the number of AAA adventure games is so small. Playing a game like this in 3D is the next best thing. It's so sad that most gamers never get a chance to experience 3D like this. We are all so privileged to be able to.
i7 9700K, RTX 3080, LG Passive 4K, XReal Air
BazzaLB

Post by BazzaLB »

VR3D wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:59 pm I was really into VR for the past several years. Unfortunately the number of AAA adventure games is so small. Playing a game like this in 3D is the next best thing. It's so sad that most gamers never get a chance to experience 3D like this. We are all so privileged to be able to.
I have recently gravitated back towards playing titles in 3D as well. I play lots of VR but its pretty much exclusively Sim titles (Flying, racing , trucking etc). You cant beat the sheer depth of 3D using a monitor/3DTV. I am old and lazy and walking around the room got old fast for me so its sit down VR only these days. There are titles that support VR natively like Redout and Grip that just play so much better on my 3DTV instead because the depth is just so much better and so much more immersive being as these are not titles aiming for realism and play much better with exaggerated convergence. So now I have a nice mix of VR and 3D play options.

And as you say "Days Gone".. It looks absolutely incredible in 3D and is now properly playable at a great frame rate due to geo-11 on later video cards.
11900K/3080 - Vive Pro - Sony 3DTV
Feisty_Fernando

Post by Feisty_Fernando »

VR3D wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 6:59 pm Days Gone has been such an immersive 3d experience. The weather effects and sounds really put you there. The landscapes are so beautiful. The lighting is breathtaking. I never owned a motorcyle but this games just gives you a sense of freedom roaming around. Not sure how far into the game I am but for some reason filling up with gas, fixing the bike, gathering supplies and crafting weapons and health supplies never gets old.

I was really into VR for the past several years. Unfortunately the number of AAA adventure games is so small. Playing a game like this in 3D is the next best thing. It's so sad that most gamers never get a chance to experience 3D like this. We are all so privileged to be able to.
It has a great story. Once you get your bike upgrades maxed out, cruising around is a lot more fun. I played it and finished it prior to the 3D fix but now just played through it again using the geo-11 fix. It's a beautiful game, finally heard an owl hooting while riding around in the woods. You can reset hordes and jobs and crafting supplies respawn. I think I've found 4 or 5 squeak toys for the puppy you bring Boozer but they all look identical. There's an aiming mod, no-weapon degradation mod, and bike speed 1.5x mod which burns fuel much faster, and clothing mods.

I've owned 3 different motorcycles in life - it's fun to leave the containment of a real vehicle and ride with friends until you find one who likes trying dangerous stunts. I saw a guy in the waiting room at physical therapy who was missing both arms and one leg - two old men thanked him for his service and asked him which branch he served in. He said none, he lost his limbs in a motorcycle accident. These days many roads can be a dangerous place with distracted people texting on their phones but Days Gone shows you a more natural and safer world to cruise around in.

I'm so surprised this game flopped on consoles. New Game+ has a lot more freakers and wild animals hunting you.
VR3D
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by VR3D »

With VR there still are a lot of visual compromises in order to sustain a good frame rate. Once we get the pixel density up and contrast of an OLED type display, and things like foveated rendering to help with performance, then I will be ready to say goodbye to my 3dtv. But for now the visual quality is just so superior.

Yeah I think I'll stick to virtual motorcycle riding. It feels painful enough in Days Gone when you wreck your bike. Wouldn't want to know that feeling in real life.

I currently am running it at 4k resolution top and bottom and 70% render scale to pretty much have a steady 60fps everywhere so far. The real time fps counter in the settings is such an amazing tool. Wish all games had that.
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

Thx for sharing that performance info. 60@4k with 70% res scaling on a 3080 is interesting. I wonder if 3090Ti could pull a 100% scale.

Do you not normally use Afterburner for fps display in all games?
Ryzen 5 5600X, RTX2080Ti, 16GB ram, Windows 20H2, nVidia 452.06, SSD, Dell S2716DG.
VR3D
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by VR3D »

No I was just using the built in tool in the graphics settings. I made the adjustments in a settlement camp since those areas were hard to run. I may still get some frame drops in there but very few. Everywhere else it runs smooth 60. I think occasionally there are some loading hitches too but not really a frame rate issue.
masterotaku
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by masterotaku »

VR3D wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 5:02 pm I currently am running it at 4k resolution top and bottom and 70% render scale
Keep in mind that for now autoconvergence in Days Gone only works with 100% render scale. There's also an autoconvergence bug I found that is being investigated. I may post an update in a few days if it's fixed (I also corrected 6 more shaders of low importance).
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Sun Mar 17, 2024 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”