Help on fixing games

wembly
One Eyed Hopeful

Help on fixing games

Post by wembly »

I’ve been looking at how to fix games and when I was looking at the helix mod links on how to fix them I came upon a link (www.riemers .net/eng…………series3/starting point) (it’s the second link after “direct x tutorials to understand underlying code”
When I click on it it says “the page isn’t working right now” http 500. When searching online I come up with a stackoverflow page that shows
“(www.riemers .net/eng……..Series1/tut) which is a tutorial which seems it might be older than what I’m looking for as well. Upon reading the stackoverflow website link it confused me a bit on whether or not this link I’m asking about (www.riemers .net/eng…………series3/starting point on helix mod website) is relevant/still relevant and works for dx11 games or perhaps only dx9games.
so……
Does anyone know where I can find that link to that website? It seems like it might be a very good place to start from?
and…….
One of the games I want to try is ‘grand mountain adventure’ and it uses its own developers engine and I believe it may have been an android/iOS app first. Would that be possible to make a fix for for a game with its own engine that was perhaps a smartphone game first? I’m guessing they made it for the pc and isn’t a port of some kind. (It’s the only game the studio has made thus far) It uses opengl so im guessing I’ll have to learn to use that wrapper as well. Any info or links on learning opengl will be much appreciated also. I read some “read me” files on 3Dsurroundgaming to get an idea or a little info on it.
Thanks in advance for any help
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Re: Help on fixing games

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

wembly
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by wembly »

Hey…I tried using OpenGL wrapper and 3D migoto and I was able to choose shaders for editing and 3D emitter was working but no 3D output in ‘grand mountain.’It slowed my computer down like crazy when I was in game. However I was using a regular 3D migoto not optimized for fixing. I clicked on one of the links you sent me and saw that there was a 3D migoto version that was setup for fixing...those links sent me on the right direction…thanks a lot! So I d/l that and tried using that on yokus island express (dx11) just to see if it would work and I could get a grasp on how fixing shaders worked …it was working I just gotta figure out more of what to do… So I was gonna try on ‘grand mountain’ but I got caught up in Zelda…so I haven’t tried yet….but will 3D migoto and open gl wrapper work together? Is the OpenGL wrapper made to work with 3migoto? I’m trying to fix it with 3D vision (not geo 11) if that makes a difference?

(edit) my bad...i tried way back machine link but wasnt able to find the page and i didn't have time ,at the time, to look for it and i kinda got confused... i will look into that later.
the " I clicked on one of the links you sent me " as i said earlier was a link from you from some other post. i forget what i went to search but you sent a link to someone and i followed that and it put me in the right direction....
just editing to clear up any possible confusion.
so thanks in some 'round about way!

(edit 2) and thanks as well for the help your'e giving in this thread.....much appreciated.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”