Happy Birthday to me and a gift to you all: ME Legendary Edition working in latest gpus. Desisted due to Losti.

UnityBeing
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Happy Birthday to me and a gift to you all: ME Legendary Edition working in latest gpus. Desisted due to Losti.

Post by UnityBeing »

[deleted and desisted due to losti] not posting anymore here on this forum, I’ve done my best. Goodbye community.
Last edited by UnityBeing on Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
sebastatu
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Happy Birthday to me and a gift to you all: ME Legendary Edition working in latest gpus.

Post by sebastatu »

Hi thank you for this, I dont have a new GPU Im still using my 2080 ti. Will this fix work with that? Also, what is the different between this and this fix https://helixmod.blogspot.com/2021/06/m ... ition.html?
UnityBeing
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Re: Happy Birthday to me and a gift to you all: ME Legendary Edition working in latest gpus.

Post by UnityBeing »

sebastatu wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 8:26 pm Hi thank you for this, I dont have a new GPU Im still using my 2080 ti. Will this fix work with that? Also, what is the different between this and this fix https://helixmod.blogspot.com/2021/06/m ... ition.html?
Hi there, I don't know about previous fix as I'm on a 40 series. I just made the game work on new gpus with latest drivers. If your gpu is a 2080ti then this hacked fix isn't for u, unless u having issues. Good luck!
john105
Cross Eyed!

Re: Happy Birthday to me and a gift to you all: ME Legendary Edition working in latest gpus. Desisted due to Losti.

Post by john105 »

UnityBeing wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 7:39 pm [deleted and desisted due to losti] not posting anymore here on this forum, I’ve done my best. Goodbye community.
What does this fix have to do with Losti? I downloaded it before you deleted it and saw that it was 100% based on the DJ-RK's fix from viewtopic.php?t=25621. If you check that thread, DJ-RK even mentions that it's not based on the Losti's universal fix but on his own:
DJ-RK wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 4:40 pm I also have new fixes for X-Com 2 / WotC & Chimera Squad at near completion, which since also being UE3 means these are also going to provide me with a solid base for ME:L and probably a general UE3 universal fix, which is actually a bit of a univeral UE3 + UE4 hybrid fix (not intended to replace Losti's UE4 fix, that's the true "universal" fix).
UnityBeing
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Re: Happy Birthday to me and a gift to you all: ME Legendary Edition working in latest gpus. Desisted due to Losti.

Post by UnityBeing »

john105 wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:42 pm
UnityBeing wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 7:39 pm [deleted and desisted due to losti] not posting anymore here on this forum, I’ve done my best. Goodbye community.
What does this fix have to do with Losti? I downloaded it before you deleted it and saw that it was 100% based on the DJ-RK's fix from viewtopic.php?t=25621. If you check that thread, DJ-RK even mentions that it's not based on the Losti's universal fix but on his own:
DJ-RK wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 4:40 pm I also have new fixes for X-Com 2 / WotC & Chimera Squad at near completion, which since also being UE3 means these are also going to provide me with a solid base for ME:L and probably a general UE3 universal fix, which is actually a bit of a univeral UE3 + UE4 hybrid fix (not intended to replace Losti's UE4 fix, that's the true "universal" fix).
Losti accused me of seeking to be a BIG HACKER and looking for fame from my activity on the forum. So I raged and deleted everything, cause I was friends with him and respected him. I still believe he is a genius but the way he attacked me we no longer in good terms. That is why. I never claimed the fix was losti's or mine, all I did is make it work in 40 series. Thanks for your feedback.
“3D Vision did preserver in the hands of passionate geeks and lost support in the hands of the overbearing nerds” - UnityBeing
john105
Cross Eyed!

Post by john105 »

I saw viewtopic.php?t=29054 after leaving my comment here and now understand what happened. The way he put it was harsh, but he still gave some good suggestions about how you can improve. I think that if following the steps from https://helixmod.blogspot.com/2022/06/a ... river.html is not enough to make a game work correctly with geo-11 in dx9 mode, what you're doing is really helpful to others.

If I were you, I would do it like this:

- Post it only once in the existing game-specific thread (create a new one if it doesn't exist).

- If you tried a bunch of things before you got it working, you can save the current result in a separate folder (just in case) and go back to the original fix and try your changes one by one to find what really made the difference. This way the fix will be cleaner and people won't say that it's a mess with unnecessary files or settings.

- Hacking might be a strong word in this case. Personally, I don't care how you call it, but other people might be more sensitive.

- Post only the files that need to be added on top of the existing fix. For example, for this game the instructions can look like this:

1. Download the fix by DJ-RK from https://helixmod.blogspot.com/2021/06/m ... ition.html (tested with v.1.0 of the fix)
2. Install the fix as described there
3. Open d3dx.ini and change the following variables:
full_screen=2
force_stereo=2
4. Extract the attached archive to the same folder as the fix replacing the files

In this case you only need to attach geo-11 DDLs (d3d11.dll, nvapi64.dll and maybe d3dcompiler_47.dll, not sure if it's really needed) and d3dxdm.ini that you modified. Doing it like this has 3 advantages: 1) it automatically gives credit to the shader hacker because you reference their fix, 2) they can't say that you stole their fix because you don't include any of their files in your archive, and 3) it allows users to get the latest version of the fix in case it was updated after your post.
Losti
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by Losti »

UnityBeing wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 5:24 pm
john105 wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:42 pm
Losti accused me of seeking to be a BIG HACKER and looking for fame from my activity on the forum. So I raged and deleted everything, cause I was friends with him and respected him. I still believe he is a genius but the way he attacked me we no longer in good terms. That is why. I never claimed the fix was losti's or mine, all I did is make it work in 40 series. Thanks for your feedback.
Perhaps you could correct the title then, instead of exposing me unjustifiably in public. Fix is made by DJ-RK and dont related to ANYTHING from me. This was his OWN work and you may ask him for permission to post a modded version before you do this. Taking work from others/continue/improve, needs asking the person which created/working on this, this is an unwritten shader hacker codex rule!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”