Vk3DVision - A Vulkan 3D Vision Driver (With Single-Frame Stereo and RTX Support)

aa07
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Vk3DVision - A Vulkan 3D Vision Driver (With Single-Frame Stereo and RTX Support)

Post by aa07 »

UnityBeing wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 2:33 am
My 4070ti tuf oc works fine with annexed Vulkan3D fix - 531.61-desktop-win10-win11-64bit-international-nsd-dch-whql game ready drivers with 3DFM 3D drivers installed. If you get a read text change resolution, game will crash, restart and verify its your resolution and should be fine. Works 101% here.
Thanks man. I'll check this one out.

And yeah, Vk3DVision does work with the RTX4090 (so far) even though I do get the popup that mentions possible incompatibility.

Reply: Sadly this profile did not work on my end and it blue screened the pc.
Last edited by aa07 on Fri Oct 06, 2023 6:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
Cyber77
Two Eyed Hopeful

Re: Vk3DVision - A Vulkan 3D Vision Driver (With Single-Frame Stereo and RTX Support)

Post by Cyber77 »

more and more games supporting vulkan, but 3dfixes are rarely ! you need a team for Vk3dvision !
UnityBeing
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by UnityBeing »

Bump @ cyber77
mikulik86
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by mikulik86 »

Hi helifax,
it sems that Doom Eternal is broken again. I Just got to the Immora level (The Ancient Gods - Part Two) and as soon as the gameplay starts, the game just freezes.
Could you please take a look at it?
harisukro
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by harisukro »

Game was updated in 5 September and probably broke a few things: https://steamdb.info/patchnotes/11905845/
helifax
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by helifax »

mikulik86 wrote: Mon Sep 11, 2023 2:11 pm Hi helifax,
it sems that Doom Eternal is broken again. I Just got to the Immora level (The Ancient Gods - Part Two) and as soon as the gameplay starts, the game just freezes.
Could you please take a look at it?
Hi,
Does this happen only in that level or any level?

Thanks.
http://3dsurroundgaming.com:
- Home of Vk3DVision & OGL3DVision - Play your favourite Vulkan & OpenGL games in Stereoscopic 3D using Nvidia 3DVision or Virtual Reality ;)
- Home of some of my UHD "Surround/Eyefinity"/21:9/32:9 Fixes. (Or you can always check http://pcgamingwiki.com/)

Want to contribute to the development of Vk3DVision? You can check my Patreon Page for the project: https://www.patreon.com/Vk3DVision.
If you "still" like my project but don't want to contribute monthly you can always send me a PayPal: tavyhomeppal@hotmail.com.

You can always follow me on Twitter: @OctavianVasilov
helifax
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by helifax »

Hi,
So I tested Doom Eternal again with the latest 666 Rev 2. patch without the DRM.
The fix still works flawless:
Untitled.jpg
I tried a bunch of levels from main campaign, expansion 1 and expansion 2. (Sadly, in DLC2 I can only test the World Spear - 1st level atm. I finished the DLC on ultimate difficulty and as such I can't revisit the levels ;( )
2.jpg
The one thing I would recommend you to try is to delete the Fix shader cache:
Go to:

Code: Select all

Vk3DVision\Profiles\Doom Eternal\ShaderCache
and delete this folder or the content. It will generated the next time you start the game.
It is possible you might run a shader cache from an older driver set that is now not compatible with the newest driver :)

Other than this, I can't replicate that issue and so far the fix looks and plays as great as before!

Cheers!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
- Home of Vk3DVision & OGL3DVision - Play your favourite Vulkan & OpenGL games in Stereoscopic 3D using Nvidia 3DVision or Virtual Reality ;)
- Home of some of my UHD "Surround/Eyefinity"/21:9/32:9 Fixes. (Or you can always check http://pcgamingwiki.com/)

Want to contribute to the development of Vk3DVision? You can check my Patreon Page for the project: https://www.patreon.com/Vk3DVision.
If you "still" like my project but don't want to contribute monthly you can always send me a PayPal: tavyhomeppal@hotmail.com.

mikulik86
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by mikulik86 »

helifax wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 1:39 pm Hi,
Does this happen only in that level or any level?

Thanks.
Yes, it happens only in that level.

I also deleted the Fix shader cache. It didn't help.
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

Hey Helifax,

I'm playing Doom Eternal DLC1 now but seeing some water shader issue (black blocks). I downloaded the latest D:E fix from the site, but it persists. I'm unable to take screenshots for some reason but I took a photo with my phone, you can kinda see the defect. I'm on vk3dv 4.22.16 (the behaviour is the same with 4.19.20), nV 537.34. Running at 1440 Ultra Nightmare. You can observe the issue right at the beginning on mission 2 in DLC1 when you walk up to the swamp water. It was also in mission 1 towards the end when you're in the water.

I have intro videos left on, all settings as per instructions, everything else is fine but that water stuff.

Do you observer that on your end?

Edit: I noticed something else. When I run the game initially, there's this flicker or dark one-eye. The image is 3D but it flickers rapidly (or one eye is dark), which gets fixed when I either do a double alt+enter or switch res from 1440 to 1080 back to 1440. However, after doing this, the flicker is gone but that water shader gets broken. Totally weird :roll:

Edit2: I went back to 4.19.20 and after experiencing the same issues, tons of res switching, cache deleting, somehow things are finally stable lol. I have no idea what I did in the end - I switched to a lower res to fix the one-eye, then the game was just starting on a black screen. I deleted the cache (I've done that multiple times before), shutdown vk3dv, changed the res back to 1440 in 2D mode, turned vk3dv on and now it's all running well - no flickers, no black eyes, no broken shaders.

I'll flip back to 4.22.16 and see if I can get that working, otherwise I'm staying on 4.19.20 :P Btw, I see vk3dv reads the profile folders in alpha order, which screwed me over a few times as I had a bunch of backup folders with the prefix "Doom Eternal" and it was pulling the .ini from the backup folders :P

Edit3: Um, ok, I think I finally figured out the culprit - when I start Afterburner the flicker is gone. When I shut it down, the flicker is BACK! Does this make any sense? It goes against the PDF instructions, so I kept it off, but it's causing that damn flicker! It doesn't seem to cause any performance issues so I'll keep it on. It's all good now with 4.22.16.

thx
de.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ryzen 5 5600X, RTX2080Ti, 16GB ram, Windows 20H2, nVidia 452.06, SSD, Dell S2716DG.
UnityBeing
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by UnityBeing »

Lysander wrote: Tue Sep 26, 2023 9:19 pm Hey Helifax,

I'm playing Doom Eternal DLC1 now but seeing some water shader issue (black blocks). I downloaded the latest D:E fix from the site, but it persists. I'm unable to take screenshots for some reason but I took a photo with my phone, you can kinda see the defect. I'm on vk3dv 4.22.16 (the behaviour is the same with 4.19.20), nV 537.34. Running at 1440 Ultra Nightmare. You can observe the issue right at the beginning on mission 2 in DLC1 when you walk up to the swamp water. It was also in mission 1 towards the end when you're in the water.

I have intro videos left on, all settings as per instructions, everything else is fine but that water stuff.

Edit: I noticed something else. When I run the game initially, there's this flicker or dark one-eye. The image is 3D but it flickers rapidly (or one eye is dark), which gets fixed when I either do a double alt+enter or switch res from 1440 to 1080 back to 1440. However, after doing this, the flicker is gone but that water shader gets broken. Totally weird :roll:

Edit2: I went back to 4.19.20 and after experiencing the same issues, tons of res switching, cache deleting, somehow things are finally stable lol. I have no idea what I did in the end - I switched to a lower res to fix the one-eye, then the game was just starting on a black screen. I deleted the cache (I've done that multiple times before), shutdown vk3dv, changed the res back to 1440 in 2D mode, turned vk3dv on and now it's all running well - no flickers, no black eyes, no broken shaders.

I'll flip back to 4.22.16 and see if I can get that working, otherwise I'm staying on 4.19.20 :P Btw, I see vk3dv reads the profile folders in alpha order, which screwed me over a few times as I had a bunch of backup folders with the prefix "Doom Eternal" and it was pulling the .ini from the backup folders :P

Edit3: Um, ok, I think I finally figured out the culprit - when I start Afterburner the flicker is gone. When I shut it down, the flicker is BACK! Does this make any sense? It goes against the PDF instructions, so I kept it off, but it's causing that damn flicker! It doesn't seem to cause any performance issues so I'll keep it on. It's all good now with 4.22.16.

thx
de.jpg
If u haven’t yet gamed Rage 2 by John Carmack pls do, it in my opinion is better than DE.
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

UnityBeing wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 3:48 am If u haven’t yet gamed Rage 2 by John Carmack pls do, it in my opinion is better than DE.
Yup, it’s on my list, unfortunately I observe some shadow issues on the latest drivers while it seems to perform better than on 452.06 on which apparently there are no shader issues.
Ryzen 5 5600X, RTX2080Ti, 16GB ram, Windows 20H2, nVidia 452.06, SSD, Dell S2716DG.
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

UnityBeing wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 3:48 am If u haven’t yet gamed Rage 2 by John Carmack pls do, it in my opinion is better than DE.
Can you check if you observe any shadow issues in Rage 2 on the latest drivers?
UnityBeing
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by UnityBeing »

Lysander wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 12:55 pm
Sorry I only use official driver fix 19.9 or something. Only issue is red text, u can change resolution and it crashes it will start fixed. Rather use official driver fix imo. Good luck. Heck of a game.
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

UnityBeing wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 1:39 pm
Sorry I only use official driver fix 19.9 or something. Only issue is red text, u can change resolution and it crashes it will start fixed. Rather use official driver fix imo. Good luck. Heck of a game.
Wait, what driver are you talking about? Vk3dv? I was taking about nVidia driver. I use Vk3dv 4.22.16 and Nvidia 537.34
UnityBeing
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by UnityBeing »

Lysander wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 5:10 pm

Wait, what driver are you talking about? Vk3dv? I was taking about nVidia driver. I use Vk3dv 4.22.16 and Nvidia 537.34
I use official 19.9 vk3dv driver as per official fix specifications and latest game ready drivers for 40 series. I tried 4.22 and was riddled with issues last I tried.
helifax
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by helifax »

thx
de.jpg
Strange.. that sounds like something else is affecting the way some aspect of the rendering pipeline is initialized. I don't see the black water issue though. But if things are not working correctly, I can imagine a buffer or texture being incorrect and corrupting the shader input/output.
Doom Eternal always had this very weird initialization phase were sometimes it would generate a black image in one of the view. i know it's a timing related issue, but so far I was not able to pin-point what is causing this.
For example, if you disable the intro videos, you will always get a black screen without any way of fixing it. When I rarely encounter this issue, I either go in settings and flip between VSYNC ON + Apply, VSYNC OFF + Apply, or change the resolutions up and down a bit. It will reinitialize part of the rendering and that will correct it.
In theory there shouldn't be major changes between 4.19.x and 4.20.x versions either way, at least not as far as core functionality goes.

Yes, VK3DV reads in alpha order, but it doesn't care about folder names. It searches for "Vk3DVision.ini" files. So, if you were to rename just the ini file to something else, it will not pick it up :)

helifax
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by helifax »

UnityBeing wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:47 am

I use official 19.9 vk3dv driver as per official fix specifications and latest game ready drivers for 40 series. I tried 4.22 and was riddled with issues last I tried.
What issues are you seeing with Vk3DVision v4.22.16 ?
(Outside of Nvidia 3DVision mode) I can test all the other modes. For 3DVision, I can enable it, but without a monitor + emitter I just get a 2D DX9 rendered context :)

UnityBeing
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by UnityBeing »

helifax wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 5:25 am
UnityBeing wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 3:47 am

What issues are you seeing with Vk3DVision v4.22.16 ?
(Outside of Nvidia 3DVision mode) I can test all the other modes. For 3DVision, I can enable it, but without a monitor + emitter I just get a 2D DX9 rendered context :)
Hi hero Helifax,

Last I tried was a while ago. I had instability and bad 3D artifacts. I’ll get back to u when I reinstall DE, or test on rage 2.

My opinion is that vulkan3D is dying slowly for 3D vision bound community. I advice you make a plan to go bigger with vulkan3D and acquire a team of devs. My proposal is presenting your big miracle vulkan3D both 3D legacy and VR to Vulkan API group to get funding. You have a great future with vulkan3D in both legacy and VR tech. I wanted to invest some of my to be acquired late father’s retirement fund in your vulkan3D, let me know if u are interested, I was thinking 250k euros to acquire membership in Vulkan API group for u and me and hire devs and hardware hackers with Chinese manufacturing.

At the moment vulkan3D is losing interest in the community with lack of legacy fixes and lacklustre 30 and 40 series support. Don’t let it die. U got gold in your possession. My advice is to focus on 40 series gamers and from there gather more patreon backers before I approach you with my capital pending your ultimate decision.

To me you are my fav dev of Helixmod even if geo11 is very impressive. Your work shined bright in rage 2, well done Helifax in becoming a legend in our community. Peace.
helifax
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by helifax »

Rage 2 3D Fix was not made by me :) It was made by Kaymasta :)

I just helped with some UI shaders and some testing. As such, I didn't really play the game that much and so on (That is the reason I did not put it on https://3dsurroundgaming.com/Vk3DVisionGames.html#R
As such I don't know what to tell you there :(
It is possible with never drivers the shaders are now generated differently so their hash doesn't match (they are technically different shaders) and a fix update is required.
Relying or sticking to ancient drivers from 2019 was never the proper way to go forward, as I said back in 2019/2020 and so on. There was a great deal of work done in vk3dvision to prevent any depreciation dues to driver versions (That popup requiring A CERTAIN driver version or newer is there for a reason FYI). As, I wasn't the creator of the fix, I don't remember/know if it requires a specific nvidia driver set or not.

Vk3DVision works perfectly fine outside the now defunct Nvidia 3DVision space. The VR space is looking good. I am actually looking at porting my Doom Eternal fix to a true VR experience :) (In case you haven't seen it yet: https://youtu.be/QRdKEMzr-9c)

But this was and will be a pet project, at least for the time being :) I love Stereo3D and the VR as the newest iteration of it. I don't plan on making a business out of it yet :)

Cheers,

Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

helifax wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 4:19 pm Rage 2 3D Fix was not made by me :) It was made by Kaymasta :)

I just helped with some UI shaders and some testing. As such, I didn't really play the game that much and so on (That is the reason I did not put it on https://3dsurroundgaming.com/Vk3DVisionGames.html#R
As such I don't know what to tell you there :(
It is possible with never drivers the shaders are now generated differently so their hash doesn't match (they are technically different shaders) and a fix update is required.
Relying or sticking to ancient drivers from 2019 was never the proper way to go forward, as I said back in 2019/2020 and so on. There was a great deal of work done in vk3dvision to prevent any depreciation dues to driver versions (That popup requiring A CERTAIN driver version or newer is there for a reason FYI). As, I wasn't the creator of the fix, I don't remember/know if it requires a specific nvidia driver set or not.

Vk3DVision works perfectly fine outside the now defunct Nvidia 3DVision space. The VR space is looking good. I am actually looking at porting my Doom Eternal fix to a true VR experience :) (In case you haven't seen it yet: https://youtu.be/QRdKEMzr-9c)

But this was and will be a pet project, at least for the time being :) I love Stereo3D and the VR as the newest iteration of it. I don't plan on making a business out of it yet :)

Cheers,
Kai confirmed the fix still works on 452.06 so maybe it's only suited for that driver (which sucks, because in my experience, the 5xx driver gives me slightly better performance).

Damn, that D:E VR port sounds too crazy in a game of this speed lol. I'll try it when I get VR but that must be crazy :D
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Today I saw that Nvidia can report rendering resolution resolution and API via a registry hack, if the game uses DLSS.
https://www.pcgamer.com/nvidia-dlss-indicator/

I'm guessing that this could be initiated and displayed even without DLSS if integrated into your wrapper

Anyhow, I thought if it could, it would help with...
masterotaku wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:38 pm currently there's a problem where VK3DVision doesn't get the correct output resolution, and it's being limited to 720p at least for games that were natively 720p, no matter what internal resolution I set in RPCS3.

Helifax is informed about this, and whenever this is fixed, I'll make a general RPCS3 fix like I did for OpenGL.
Full post (unedited) at viewtopic.php?p=174756#p174756
helifax
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by helifax »

3DNovice wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 10:29 pm Today I saw that Nvidia can report rendering resolution resolution and API via a registry hack, if the game uses DLSS.
https://www.pcgamer.com/nvidia-dlss-indicator/

I'm guessing that this could be initiated and displayed even without DLSS if integrated into your wrapper

Anyhow, I thought if it could, it would help with...
masterotaku wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:38 pm currently there's a problem where VK3DVision doesn't get the correct output resolution, and it's being limited to 720p at least for games that were natively 720p, no matter what internal resolution I set in RPCS3.

Helifax is informed about this, and whenever this is fixed, I'll make a general RPCS3 fix like I did for OpenGL.
Full post (unedited) at viewtopic.php?p=174756#p174756
That was fixed ages ago ;)) Masterotaku actually was the reported & tester for that back in 2020 or something ;)) (Unless I am confusing things)

3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

My apologies, if that is the case.
I did check the blog, to see if that game had been posted with a fix. After not seeing it, I assumed the issue remained.

Anyhow, awesome work, your latest video looks incredible
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

FWIW, Blender now has Vulkan support
aa07
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by aa07 »

Hey Helifax, any chance of adding Rage 2 to you repertoire of VK3DVision titles?
There is a profile on the blog but it doesn't seem work on newer setups; unlike the Vulkan games in your collection, which all work splendidly.
helifax
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by helifax »

aa07 wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 12:43 pm Hey Helifax, any chance of adding Rage 2 to you repertoire of VK3DVision titles?
There is a profile on the blog but it doesn't seem work on newer setups; unlike the Vulkan games in your collection, which all work splendidly.
I can defo take a look and see why that might not work and add it to my list.
One thing that I know is, that fix is only compatible with the Epic Store version of the game (The Steam version seems to be a different built). I did not make the profile and as such, I do not know all the gotchas and such. I did help with some UI shaders :) I remember looking at the Steam version to see if it's easy to port the fix, but it did not seemed like that was the case :(

So, I can defo try and see if it's something related to the profile or if the fix is just broken on the Epic Store version ;)

aa07
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by aa07 »

That would be dope as hell, sir. And truly appreciated.
And yeah, I have both versions of the game. EGS version included.
Thanks again!
vr2000
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by vr2000 »

not to offtopic too much but:
i like nvidia but the way they dropped all support for 3Dvision at exactly the same time that VR hardware started to be mainstream.... :cry:
i mean really how hard would it have been for them to just translate it? instant PCVR support for thousands of games

anyway much thanks to the independent devs who have kept working on 3d fixes :D

(tho i wish helixvision were still available) :woot
helifax
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by helifax »

thx
de.jpg
I was able to see the broken water issue ;) I am looking at fixing it ;) Should not take that long!
Sorry, it just flew by my head the first time you mentioned it ;)

Cheers!

PS: For the flickering thing, try to switch between VSYNC on/OFF in the game options (and apply after each try). In VR I just switch between Window/Borderless 2 times and the 2nd time is perfect ;) (Weird init bug there that I can't seem to understand or to pinpoint)

Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

Hi Helifax, I finally got Sniper Elite 5 on Steam and your fix looks amazing as always 😎 🎯
Thanks again for your work, that's the way to play it, cheers 🍻
helifax
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by helifax »

Chtiblue wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 4:22 am Hi Helifax, I finally got Sniper Elite 5 on Steam and your fix looks amazing as always 😎 🎯
Thanks again for your work, that's the way to play it, cheers 🍻
Awesome! Glad you like it ;)

Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

helifax wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:06 pm

thx
de.jpg
I was able to see the broken water issue ;) I am looking at fixing it ;) Should not take that long!

Cheers!

PS: For the flickering thing, try to switch between VSYNC on/OFF in the game options (and apply after each try). In VR I just switch between Window/Borderless 2 times and the 2nd time is perfect ;) (Weird init bug there that I can't seem to understand or to pinpoint)
No problem. As mentioned, I eventually got it to work, with Afterburner on. I think at some point switching resolution or display modes like you said was also helping. Some hacks here and there and it worked somehow, but if it can be fixed, that would help in the future :)
helifax
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by helifax »

Lysander wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 11:43 am
helifax wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:06 pm

thx
de.jpg

Cheers!

No problem. As mentioned, I eventually got it to work, with Afterburner on. I think at some point switching resolution or display modes like you said was also helping. Some hacks here and there and it worked somehow, but if it can be fixed, that would help in the future :)
It looks like it's a timing issue in the game engine, so I can't fix that. Not exactly sure where it is though since the game uses many threads and creates resources in parallel. :?
I would love to fix it but so far I wasn't able to track from where the issue originates.

Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

helifax wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2023 8:00 pm It looks like it's a timing issue in the game engine, so I can't fix that. Not exactly sure where it is though since the game uses many threads and creates resources in parallel. :?
I would love to fix it but so far I wasn't able to track from where the issue originates.
There is a workaround. I say use your talents on better things :)
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Just released....

Khronos posted Version 1.3
https://registry.khronos.org/vulkan/

Vulkan Roadmap 2024
https://www.khronos.org/news/press/khro ... admap-2024

Nvidia has Vulkan developer drivers
Windows driver version 538.31 and Linux driver version 535.43.23 contain newly released Vulkan features and bug fixes for Vulkan developers.
https://developer.nvidia.com/vulkan-driver

Extensions PDFs

There's also this, but I forget where I bookmarked it from, so be a bit careful
https://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/nva ... ource-sdk/
helifax
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by helifax »

3DNovice wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2024 2:39 pm Just released....

Khronos posted Version 1.3

Vulkan Roadmap 2024
https://www.khronos.org/news/press/khro ... admap-2024

Nvidia has Vulkan developer drivers
Windows driver version 538.31 and Linux driver version 535.43.23 contain newly released Vulkan features and bug fixes for Vulkan developers.
https://developer.nvidia.com/vulkan-driver

Extensions PDFs

There's also this, but I forget where I bookmarked it from, so be a bit careful
https://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/nva ... ource-sdk/
Thank you for all the links and info! It is much appreciated!

3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

helifax wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 4:28 pm Thank you for all the links and info! It is much appreciated!
And many thanks to you for what you have done.

I was looking for a Vulkan extensions viewer and saw mention of the new Khronos release, I figured you'd be interested

Geeks3d updated their extension viewer yesterday
https://www.geeks3d.com/forums/index.ph ... 709.0.html
GPU Extensions Viewer for OpenGL, Vulkan, and DirectX

FWIW, they also offer a caps viewer like GPUz (last updated 8/22
https://www.geeks3d.com/dl/show/694

As well as GPU Shark
https://www.geeks3d.com/gpushark/

They also have.....

https://github.com/baldurk/renderdoc

RenderDoc is a frame-capture based graphics debugger, currently available for Vulkan, D3D11, D3D12, OpenGL, and OpenGL ES development on Windows, Linux, Android, and Nintendo Switch™. It is completely open-source under the MIT license.

https://github.com/baldurk/renderdoc/releases/tag/v1.31 (updated 10 hours ago)
Version v1.31

This version contains some quality of life fixes and expanded SPIR-V debugging support, as well as a new mesh visualisation feature. There are also some important bugfixes for D3D11 and mesh shader usage, and a workaround for a recent nvidia driver bug.

NOTE: Recent AMD drivers have a problem that for Vulkan and GL may cause problems creating swapchains. On UE5 this can cause fatal errors on or shortly after startup when using Vulkan, and this may also appear as the use of D3D12 in applications that don't use the API. This is an AMD driver issue which has been reported and is planned to be fixed on the AMD side. ( just in case you did get an AMD GPU)
bearkoolboy
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by bearkoolboy »

Vk3DVision is great, thank you Helifax.
I have downloaded all versions and tried them all, only the Vk3DVision 3.0.1 driver runs on the 4070 graphics card. You're great, helifax!
Can I share SBS videos on other video websites and tell everyone about your website?
helifax
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by helifax »

Sure. You can share them and link them.
Strange, as all newer 4.x versions should also work on the RTX 4070, especially any version from 4.19.22 which added support for the RTX 4000 series.

john105
Cross Eyed!

Post by john105 »

@helifax Do you think that some kind of a generic frame sequential output mode that would work on projectors that support it and 3D Vision monitors can be implemented in Vk3DVision? It would be very nice to replace "3DVision" Stereo3DViewMode with it to remove the dependency on Nvidia 3D Vision Driver. I always thought that activating and synchronizing Nvidia glasses without their driver would be a difficult task, but viewtopic.php?p=195431 demonstrates that it's doable. I'm only not sure if eye swapping can be fixed without proper support from the Nvidia driver, whatever it involves (is quad buffer the key?). It would be very interesting to know opinion of an expert like you.

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”