Are nVidia S-3D drivers capable of interlaced/polarized

Discussion of legacy stereoscopic 3D gaming hardware and software (e.g. NVIDIA XP stereoscopic 3D drivers).
Zate
One Eyed Hopeful

Are nVidia S-3D drivers capable of interlaced/polarized

Post by Zate »

Hey Everyone,

I'm pretty new to all this, and have a 24" Hyundai 3D monitor. It came with the DDD/Tridef software, but it doesn't support Crysis Warhead with a driver.

So, I installed the nVidia stereo driver (180.48_geforce_winvista_32bit_english_whql), along with my GeForce 8800 GTS 512's latest drivers.

When I open the 3D Stereo Control Panel, under "3D Stereo Display Type" it says Anaglyph(Red/Blue Glasses), but I'm using polarized glasses (interlaced method or w/e).

How do I change the 3d Stereo Display Type to polarized interlaced stereoscopic 3-d?

Thanks for any help!
staticbuddha
Cross Eyed!

Re: Are nVidia S-3D drivers capable of interlaced/polarized

Post by staticbuddha »

Hi and welcome to the Forum,

Yes the nvidia driver is capable of this, however the driver is locked for Zalman only, and will be unlocked later for there shutter glassess.

You want the IZ3D driver, this is your best best, http://www.iz3d.com

The driver has a trail version, and may need some tweeking unlike the DDD ones,

good luck :)
Zate
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Zate »

Thx static!

I have installed the iZ3D drivers before, and everytime I boot up a game, it says "can't load output dll" in the top-left corner.

A little googling suggested that this is the error that shows when you don't have a iZ3D monitor, or your trial is up, but I JUST installed it.

Any ideas how to get the trial to work?

Thx again!

-Zate
Welder
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Welder »

Zate wrote:Thx static!

I have installed the iZ3D drivers before, and everytime I boot up a game, it says "can't load output dll" in the top-left corner.

A little googling suggested that this is the error that shows when you don't have a iZ3D monitor, or your trial is up, but I JUST installed it.

Any ideas how to get the trial to work?

Thx again!

-Zate
Hello Zate! You mentioned that you have the DDD drivers installed? We have had reports that you must first uninstall the directX(or gaming) part of their software suite for our driver to work. This seemed to solve this issue. If the trial ends, then that will bring up an activation prompt. Also if that does not solve your issue, it could be caused by an antivirus software.
Zate
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Zate »

Thank you for the response Welder.

I installed the iZ3D driver on a machine that the DDD drivers have never been installed on. And disabled the Norton anti-virus, but when I boot the game, I'm still getting the cannot load output dll error.

Any ideas ?
cirk2
Certif-Eyed!

Post by cirk2 »

Wich architectuere are you using? 32bit or 64bit

Interlanced output is not functional under 64bit... like in some games (Sacred 2, Warhammer online and Battlefield to name three of them).

Try starting Crysis in 32bit mode by starting the crysis.exe inside the bin32 bilder instead of the bin64 folder.
Zate
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Zate »

I'm using Vista-32bit and have been launching the game via the bin32 folder.
ssiu
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by ssiu »

I may remember wrong ... but I think when you install iZ3D driver you have to specify FULL installation (which is not the default) in order to get all output methods such as row-interleaved ...

Return to “Nvidia Legacy Drivers”