Doom BFG hacked and fixed with geo11 and Helifax's glwarpper - working on 40 series. Desisted due to Losti.

UnityBeing
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Doom BFG hacked and fixed with geo11 and Helifax's glwarpper - working on 40 series. Desisted due to Losti.

Post by UnityBeing »

[deleted and desisted due to losti] not posting anymore here on this forum, I’ve done my best. Goodbye community.
Last edited by UnityBeing on Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:28 am, edited 3 times in total.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Re: Doom BFG hacked and fixed with geo11 and Helifax's glwarpper - working on 40 series.

Post by 3DNovice »

AFAIK, the OpenGL Quad Buffer Stereo still works in newer drivers, I've tested it with Jedi Academy

Is there some specific reason why the native stereoscopic rendering of Doom BFG is not working?

Doom 3 should be the game you look into, as it has many mods and does not have native 3D built in
UnityBeing
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Re: Doom BFG hacked and fixed with geo11 and Helifax's glwarpper - working on 40 series.

Post by UnityBeing »

3DNovice wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 8:35 am AFAIK, the OpenGL Quad Buffer Stereo still works in newer drivers, I've tested it with Jedi Academy

Is there some specific reason why the native stereoscopic rendering of Doom BFG is not working?

Doom 3 should be the game you look into, as it has many mods and does not have native 3D built in
Could u stop talking nonsense, I couldn’t get doom3 bfg to work since 2020 on my 2070 super and 2080ti in 2021, pls confirm forum, many can’t. Thanks for your comment but u won’t break my spirit.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

????

just asking, it does have Native Support, works here. I have not tried newer drivers with it though.

It's not like it was suffering from the 3 core bug, so I was unsure of the benefit of the extra steps?

And.... what about Doom 3... perhaps answer the question? It would certainly benefit
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Also, thinking about it, I'm fairly certain that Helifax updated his openGL wrapper to work with the still existing dx9 support within
Nvidia's stereoscopic drivers. Just like his Vulkan wrapper does not need Geo-11 in any way. Though I'm not 100% sure of this.
But even if not, the QuadBuffer OpenGL support still exists in Nvidia driver up to 472 at least.

But once again, I'll say that it would be nice if you would mention if you are using a 3D Vision monitor or some other type of display.

For those using a Side by Side monitor, the OpenGL wrapper from Helifax supports that Format as well (no need for Geo-11)

I'm unsure of what I am missing here?
Losti
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by Losti »

@ UnityBeing

1: viewtopic.php?p=171329#p171329
2. :Doom Eternal (+Expansions). Last update: 24/11/2023
Please read the ReadMe File as it contains IMPORTANT information !

https://3dsurroundgaming.com/Vk3DVision ... l_666R2.7z

3. Unitybeing please stopp your nonsense HACKED FIX posts and flaming peoples! Coping several versions of files (mainly GEO11) together and hope that some is working on top with common changes given by the tools it self and needed or may needed (Full_Screen = XY, Force_Stereo=2, upscaling = XY etc...) ... is nothing that is a HACK! From what i read is that you want to be a BIG HACKER but what you do is 1. not hacking and 2. you spam/flame users here and on discord a lot and on top you react often agressive if there is some one wrots something "against" you .... and 3. What you do is a melting pot of sometimes useless copying files from the work of others together in the hope to get some positive result in launching a game without the knowledge of what you are doing there.

You could make a simple post, tell the GEO11 versions needed or working and the things that really needed to do compared to the original fix. I dont speaking here for DOOM, i speaking in general for all your double/tripple post for HACKED FIXES .... :woot
Last edited by Losti on Fri Jan 19, 2024 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Re: Doom BFG hacked and fixed with geo11 and Helifax's glwarpper - working on 40 series. Desisted due to Losti.

Post by 3DNovice »

UnityBeing wrote: Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:50 pm [deleted and desisted due to losti] not posting anymore here on this forum, I’ve done my best. Goodbye community.
I still truly believe that whatever you did was unnecessary. Since Doom BFG Edition has it's own native rendering. With
Quad Buffer for Nvidia certified Displays, Over/Under, Side by Side and Line Interlaced
You can increase convergence etc... in the console settings or a config file
viewtopic.php?t=15631

You should have directed people to download the needed DLL from 3DSurroundGaming http://3dsurroundgaming.com/ and/or mentioned
Helifax's Patreon. Plus you could have included the additional DLLs/Files in the "Uninstall bat"

and... what is with telling people to set the game to 100Hz???
UnityBeing wrote:Place D3BFGConfig.cfg in c:\Users\x\Saved Games\id Software\DOOM 3 BFG\base

make sure its running at 100hz and 1440p if u supported it. Good luck and enjoy. Buckle up.
Again..... what type of display are you using?

When I first saw this thread, I thought you were talking about the modded version, until you talked about using the OpenGL wrapper.
3DNovice wrote: Tue May 02, 2023 11:41 pm It seems that Doom 3 BFG has a new mod that leverages Nvidi's NVRHI to add Vulkan and dx12 APIs.

https://www.moddb.com/mods/rbdoom-3-bfg

The documentation by the developers is a good read

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

And please................ stop with all of the deletes!!
Stop posting drunk, if that is what you are doing
And stop crying when confronted, we are just trying to make sure that integrity of community
fixes are maintained and false information is not given.

After all, you were at one time claiming that Geo-11 worked with DX12 and started a thread about it /facepalm

BTW, you should fix your Dying Light hacked fix post files to direct to the more recent official fix on the blog
by masterotaku
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Losti wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:03 am What you do is a melting pot of sometimes useless copying files from the work of others together in the hope to get some positive result in launching a game without the knowledge of what you are doing there.

i speaking in general for all your double/tripple post for HACKED FIXES .... :woot
Pretty much this says it all, no idea what he was talking about or doing with the WatchDogs 2 fix(es) in order to having something request a 32 DLL
viewtopic.php?t=29048

Also, his not mentioning the Stupid stuff, like what driver version and format output he was using is mildly annoying.

Getting a game to work with a 3D certified monitor vs a Side by Side display (or others) are not one and the same. Different settings are needed for
each, as well as OS Version/Driver Version/Game Platform/etc... can require different settings

And yah, you can't just dump contents from one fix into another willy nilly and expect anything good to happen

I suspect, in the end, with his DOOM BFG files added into the game folder, it was still running in OpenGL via the Native in-game renderer for 3D and the additional
fluff was a placebo effect. Dunno
Losti

Post by Losti »

3DNovice wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 1:15 pm
Losti wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 12:03 am What you do is a melting pot of sometimes useless copying files from the work of others together in the hope to get some positive result in launching a game without the knowledge of what you are doing there.

i speaking in general for all your double/tripple post for HACKED FIXES .... :woot
Pretty much this says it all, no idea what he was talking about or doing with the WatchDogs 2 fix(es) in order to having something request a 32 DLL
viewtopic.php?t=29048

Also, his not mentioning the Stupid stuff, like what driver version and format output he was using is mildly annoying.

Getting a game to work with a 3D certified monitor vs a Side by Side display (or others) are not one and the same. Different settings are needed for
each, as well as OS Version/Driver Version/Game Platform/etc... can require different settings

And yah, you can't just dump contents from one fix into another willy nilly and expect anything good to happen

I suspect, in the end, with his DOOM BFG files added into the game folder, it was still running in OpenGL via the Native in-game renderer for 3D and the additional
fluff was a placebo effect. Dunno
All true.

- PRAY "HACK FIX" is a melting pot of geo11 0.6.40 files (including the d3dx.ini that OFC kills essential functions oft DHRs fix), special dxil loader (not sure if needed but i think geo11 ignores this but not entirely sure: https://github.com/bo3b/3Dmigoto/releases
"This loader can be used if dxgi is required earlier than d3d11, like ShadowOfWar. Works for both Win7 and Win10, but is x64 only. This is not the same as the 3DMigoto Loader.exe shipped with 3DMigoto 1.3.15+ and is used in different circumstances.

A senceless added opengl23.dll from Helifax VK3DV wrapper (Pray is X64) and a senseless added ini file from a DJ-RK fiox since this is not included inthe ini and if it would fail over all.

Example: Alien FireteamElite fix was only an addition of things needed for GEO11 to work and using geo11 0.6.40 DLLs!

@ UnityBeing you dont know what you are doing and with some success of copy paste and testing you pronounce this as a HACK! I have started like you doing stupid things, good way to get into it but dont presented this like you do but learned! If you claim donations (read this from discord i think) for a work that you have done over hours you dont have any idea how many hours Helifax/DSS/DHR/Masterotaku/MikeAR and oll those ShaderHackers i forgot spend into making games possible to be played in 3D and what we got for this!

If you find a way to make a game working for some system configuration, please simpyl tell the users HOW TO, thats all. BUT please dont announce this as a HACK and on top use work from others on top to release it as a HACK FIX RELEASE!!!

PS: We all have our HEROS but this was a fist in my face reading this and things above: https://discord.com/channels/5157038646 ... 3383881808 .... since you used my work to announce it with some file additions as your HACK FIX!
Last edited by Losti on Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Re: Doom BFG hacked and fixed with geo11 and Helifax's glwarpper - working on 40 series. Desisted due to Losti.

Post by 3DNovice »

This one made my head spin, I'm unsure of how it could work, when there is not a dx9 dll anywhere in his files.

Might as well throw a DXGI.ini in there as well for a greater placebo effect

Code: Select all

[General] 
ProxyLib = G:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Dying Light\original 2.ini
ProxyLib = G:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Dying Light\original 3.ini
dx9settings.ini why.jpg
Am I missing something?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Losti

Post by Losti »

3DNovice wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2024 2:09 pm This one made my head spin, I'm unsure of how it could work, when there is not a dx9 dll anywhere in his files.

Might as well throw a DXGI.ini in there as well for a greater placebo effect

Code: Select all

[General] 
ProxyLib = G:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Dying Light\original 2.ini
ProxyLib = G:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Dying Light\original 3.ini
dx9settings.ini why.jpg

Am I missing something?
ProxyLib is for inject DLLs not using ini files. So this is simply doning nothing at all here. This feature was initially added for sideload DLLs from the past like adding SweetFX dlls or later ReShade. Means: ProxyLib = G:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Dying Light\original 2.ini absolutely makes no sense!

Its written 2 lines above:

;------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
; Chain load other wrapper DLLs instead of system DLLs.
;------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”