3d test shows Sega Scope works on modern TN monitor- if modded right

tripletopper
One Eyed Hopeful

3d test shows Sega Scope works on modern TN monitor- if modded right

Post by tripletopper »

Hello I did a test on last November's Third Thursday in the Third Dimension. I ran a Sega scope 3D game through.a CRT and a simultaneous TN monitor. I saw the CRT were correctly. This was what I noticed on the TN monitor:

At first I could see the real world elements like the things surrounding the TV but not the TV itself. I tested to see if there was any polar elements in the Sega scope 3D and guess what when I turned the glasses sideways 90°, I could see the TV poking through the glasses.

I admit the stairs copy would be wrong because they're two eyes stacked vertically rotated 90° versus straight on side by side. But I showed how you could build a modern alternate frame TV and on kit by just rotating the filters 90°.

Also the ping time on my TN monitor was considered one millisecond tested. Even though I couldn't judge whether the stereoscopy was good or not, it's because of the 90° rotation I noticed I was able to see the whole frame with only a one millisecond difference between the signal generation and the TV presentation.

So then my theory is correct that if you can eliminate ping for the most part, an existing Sega Scope would work on a modern TN monitor if the filters were rotated 90°.

I noticed that most polarized sunglasses always filter out TV viewings.

Do they sell 90° rotated polarized sunglasses that always filter in the TV viewings?

Return to “Stereoscopic 3D Hardware Technical Support”