3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
treeeddd
Cross Eyed!

Re: ULMB 2

Post by treeeddd »

This is really awesome news for those wanting to get 3d vision working on these monitors. It seems like these rapid IPS monitors being release this year are just about fast enough for a crosstalk free 3d vision experience. Unfortunately they way too expensive for my needs. I like the fact that 3d vision monitors can be found at more affordable prices in the same sized monitor.

I also want bigger sizes such as 32 inch or above, maybe even in 4k. A 32 inch 4k rapid IPS monitor is being release later this year, hoping that it's going to have good specs on it so it can do 3d vision without crosstalk.

On r/hardware subreddit, someone did some further in depth testing, there appears to be some crosstalk at the bottom of the screen, due to the panel not keeping up with the backlight strobing. It appears to be better at lower refresh rates, and looks like the pulse width is adjustable as well. Still, way too expensive for my needs.

I'm more excited for the 2nd gen QD-oled panels, more fullscreen brightness and just overall the better display tech atm.
b4thman
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by b4thman »

I wonder if there is any great update from my current DELL S2716DG monitor (+ RTX 2080). I am more or less happy with my monitor, but I would love a bit less crosstalk and better image if possible. I asked time ago and I know LG OLED C6/E6 tvs seems to have much better quaility, but it is literally impossible to get one.
Ryzen 7 5800X, RTX 2080 (no TI), 32 Gb RAM, Windows 21H1, Monitor Dell S2716DG, Nvidia 425.31 driver
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
treeeddd
Cross Eyed!

Post by treeeddd »

any great update from my current DELL S2716DG monitor
I have have same monitor, I was really disappointed to see in 3d for the first time. It had a soft 3d picture, some crosstalk, and dull colors. The 3d picture looked fine. I think the G-sync module made it look softer than it should be, as the overdrive is tuned for 3d vision.

One way to get no crosstalk and a sharper image is to bypass the gsync module. I was able to do this with a edid_override, either with a freesync edid or a different 3d vision supported edid. I was able to run the S2716DG at 100hz, and turned on the ULMB manually in the monitor OSD. With nvtimingED, you may be able to tune your 3d glasses for lower crosstalk even with the regular s2716dg driver.

I'm on the G7 odyssey now, can't go back to 27inch QHD or HD 3d vision. I only want to go bigger now for 3d vision. I want to try out a larger Oled TV as they are coming down in price.
b4thman

Post by b4thman »

I initially had the Dell S2716DG monitor (V1.0 I think) and came wity 2 dead pixels. I sent to DEll (years ago) and they gave me back a recent version of the same monitor (I think v1.4). The difference in visual quality was noticeable (for the better), and the crosstalk also lower (it only may bother in summer, but not too much). I do not regret buying this monitor, and I consider it a great monitor, but probably there are better ones because I did not play with others.

I need a 2nd monitor for a 2nd computer, and I was thinking on another 3D monitor..., but the best possible choice.
Ryzen 7 5800X, RTX 2080 (no TI), 32 Gb RAM, Windows 21H1, Monitor Dell S2716DG, Nvidia 425.31 driver
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
b4thman

Post by b4thman »

I guess there is possibility that those OLED monitors may not be compatible with Nvidia 3d Vision. Or maybe, like my OLED tv, they can be recognized and be used for 3D, even if they are not listed in the Nvidia list of 3D monitors. I assume nobody has tried them to know if there is any problem, and how they perform in 3D (crosstalk, etc).

Related to my current Dell S2716DG, I noticed weird bright (too much) the 1st time. But (for me) the problem is solved just lowering brithness to 5% (I am talking about 2D use). This monitor shows good picture even lowering brightness to almost zero. I use 5% brightness for normal 2D, and 100% for 3D gaming.
treeeddd
Cross Eyed!

Post by treeeddd »

FWIW:

The AORUS FO48U 48" 4K OLED Gaming Monitor was the last large format oled to include 120hz BFI that is still for sale to this day. This one has the same panel as the LG C1, the C1 are harder to find. FO48U can go for as low as $650 on sale, yet still no one are buying them. It will work with 3d vision, but due to how the BFI is implemented it's may have a limited view of the 3d image at the center of the screen. OLEDs can't get that bright anyways so it's most likely not worth using them with 3d vision.

The 2nd gen qd-oled panels are coming out this year, they will have 300nit of fullscreen brightness, may have BFI mode at higher refresh rates as well. Lots of fast IPS monitors coming out this year too, so it will be interesting to see what could be potentially used for 3d vision as well.

The samsung 4k neo G7 & G8 could probably do 3d vison just like the regular G7 can, as they use the same panel technology. But the original G7 is the fastest, which was the reason I got to test it with 3d vision. This is going to good enough for me in terms of a 3d vision monitor for awhile. I'm getting into VR for more 3d gaming, which is the next logical step.
b4thman

Post by b4thman »

My english is not as good as desired, and what I understand reading in other threads give me the impression that Samsung G7 (this monitor is not OLED) is difficult or restrictive to configure to use with Nvidia 3D Vision glasses (and maybe still with some lacks?). I wish I did not understad well and this monitor is perfect for 3D gaming. I see G7 comes in 2 size versions... 28" and 32" (supposedly the same panel with the only difference in size?).

If new OLEDs (like Aourus F048U) need BFI to work with Nvidia glasses, and BFI = problems with brightness... is does not sound very good either.

Maybe OLED and Nvidia 3D Vision working together is somthing still not possible without problems?. I would like to have owner's opinions about how ROG Swift OLED PG27AQDM and Samsung OLED G8 work together with Nvidia 3d Vision (it seems there is nobody in this forum using those monitors). And I suppose that, out of the box, these monitors don't work with 3D (without EDID override and/or using specific Nvidia drivers, or something like that).
treeeddd
Cross Eyed!

Post by treeeddd »

give me the impression that Samsung G7 (this monitor is not OLED) is difficult or restrictive to configure to use with Nvidia 3D Vision glasses
It does take some patients getting it setup due to the nature of the display not officially supporting 3d vision out of the box. Yes the 27inch and the 32 inch use the same panel technology. The 32 inch is the one to get for the larger size, as it would be an upgrade from a 27 inch official 3d vision monitor.

At first I had a very difficult time getting it working because the 3d glasses would not sync up correctly. I finally figured it out, but it takes patience in tuning the 3d glasses with the program called nvtimingED. Initially I started off with a rtx2060 on it, which I finally got the 3d glasses to sync up perfectly. Then I switched to a 2080 super, which later I found out that I had to re-time the 3d glasses again. It's all very fine tuning that needs to be done in the nvtimingED in order to get to perfectly sync up. With some trial and error, I finally got it sync up alot faster than I did before because I understand the settings in nvtimingED better. The 3d image it produces is totally worth over the official 3d vision monitors of years earlier. It totally works now for 3d vision. The only downside is the overdrive shadows, they have a slower transition so the image will have some overdrive crosstalk. However, it's not distracting from the gameplay at all. The best thing of all, no backlight strobing is needed so you can get the fullscreen brightness of what the monitor is capable of, which is over 300nits.

It just takes time getting it setup because you have to become familiar with the process.
Maybe OLED and Nvidia 3D Vision working together is somthing still not possible without problems?
yeah, it has to do with 4k, it takes longer to transition from the top of the screen to the bottom so crosstalk will occur. The thing is oled monitors are finally a thing, they have lower resolution so the transition is about the same as QHD monitors. OLEDS have the fastest pixel response time so crosstalk shouln't be an issue with QHD sized oled monitors. Though, no has tested it out yet on here.

And they are way out of my price range, but they are quickly getting cheaper now. My price range is $500-600 if I'm going to test one out. So I'll have to wait for the prices to come down.
ROG Swift OLED PG27AQDM and Samsung OLED G8
These two monitors could possibly good with 3d vision, on paper the spec are there. Keep in mind the brightness is only about 200nits for the swift oled, and 250nits for the oled G8. These would not have any overdrive shadows at all if they do indeed work with 3d vision. Still out of my price range.

Right now VR is in my price range, The HP reverb G2 is my next purchase.

Aourus F048U is still a very good oled monitor, they have a service menu that can turn up the brightness pass normal levels. I mean for the price, I think it is still worth it for a non 3d vision relate display. This monitor is going to have to come down in price even more eventually because no is buying it still.
vr2000
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by vr2000 »

accidental doublepost
Last edited by vr2000 on Mon Jun 19, 2023 4:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
vr2000
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by vr2000 »

treeeddd wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 12:21 pm

Right now VR is in my price range, The HP reverb G2 is my next purchase.
as you are experienced with 3dvision/geo11/etc please if you have good luck with your g2, start a thread with tips for others

i also use a wmr hmd and the biggest problem so far is that every game needs a special profile and only vorpx profiles are easily routed through to the hmd.

profiles for geo11/helixmod are different from vorpx profiles so with helixvision unavailable there is no program i know of that automatically outputs the 3dvision profiles to vr hmd in full sbs or sequential mode. although maybe you are lucky and got helixvision in time, then you'll have no problems :woot

i just assumed before i bought a vr hmd that there would be some way to just easily launch all the different profiles right into the hmd if you just had the right programs installed first... it's nowhere near that easy :cry:

as for ulmb2 it is about time that manufacturers of hardware began to seriously fix motion blur problems -
but one problem i read is that in particular oled panels do not have good vrr/adaptivesync support in bfi/ulmb modes...although i am only guessing that may be important for keeping glasses synced, i do not know

if you need a ghosting-free monitor for 3dvision and dont want to spend more than a few hundred dollars, blurbusters has very good suggestions 8-)

i decided to get vr hmd instead of 3dvision display because i didn't like the sunglasses-style dimming of the visuals...but i would be interested to know how the blur/ghosting of these ulmb2 screens compare to a good laser-based projector, because that still seems like the ultimate for 3dvision glasses if you have a wall for it
Last edited by vr2000 on Mon Jun 19, 2023 10:32 am, edited 3 times in total.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Re: ULMB 2 (2023) /Nvidia now adds Pulsar (2024)

Post by 3DNovice »

3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Re: ULMB 2 (2023) /Nvidia now adds Pulsar (2024)

Post by 3DNovice »

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”