3DVision-to-VRHMD (instead of monitor/pj+glasses)

vr2000
One Eyed Hopeful

3DVision-to-VRHMD (instead of monitor/pj+glasses)

Post by vr2000 »

While Helixvision was still available on steam this was easy even for a rookie user like me, but i didnt purchase it before it closed so that option is gone so now there's need to reexamine how 3DVFixes/geo11/etc work.

playing old non-3d games in stereoscopic view is like 99 percent of the fun of owning a PCVR HMD :lol: if it weren't for that i'd just buy a big monitor instead

i never had 3DVision or VR before so i mistakenly thought that since i have a 2080ti and early 3Dvision drivers i could easily just use all the 3DVision games direct to VR HMD (like if it were a compatible display with glasses built-in so it would take the two different views and instead of switching them fast just send left view to left lens and right view to right lens)

:( well i still haven't got a single 3DVision-native game to work

unless i am wrong again i think the situation is that you have to get all the programs and fixes used by people who play with shutter glasses on 3Dvision displays, but then run the game through a virtual desktop program?

i use vorpx and it does have a virtual desktop but i could not get it to work with the 3dvision stuff like i wanted so i think there must be something i dont understand

i also have bigscreen beta (free edition) on steam, i have not tried that. there is also virtualdesktop on steam but i was hoping if i have vorpx i don't need that one too, save money for more games instead 8-)

if anyone can help here or in private message thank you very much! the best would be like a point by point guide i could follow to get started so i dont have to keep troubleshooting one thing at a time after another :? my hmd is wmr samsung odyssey
Dark_saiyens
Two Eyed Hopeful

Re: 3DVision-to-VRHMD (instead of monitor/pj+glasses)

Post by Dark_saiyens »

Hey

Helixvision is not available anymore on steam ? Wow :(
Why ?

Anyway, when i tried it on my Valve index, performance was really bad and the low resolution was blowing me...
I really prefer way more my PG78QR or my LG 65C6V.

Go buy OLED 55C6V or 65CV, do a PC with one 2080ti and let's go back in 3D Vision helix mod :polarized
wilkinsonwilfrid
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: 3DVision-to-VRHMD (instead of monitor/pj+glasses)

Post by wilkinsonwilfrid »

Are there no longer any versions of Helixvision available for Steam?
Why is it the case?

On the other hand, when I tested it on my Valve index, the most significant concerns I had were over the low resolution and the horrible performance.
The PG78QR and the LG 65C6V are the two camera models that I adore the most.

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”