Is there a iZ3D demo I can try to see if my setup is working

Don't know the first thing about S-3D? Just bought your first pair of 3D glasses? Trying to figure out what to buy? Post HERE!
Anthony1
Cross Eyed!

Is there a iZ3D demo I can try to see if my setup is working

Post by Anthony1 »

I tried to test out S3D on my system, but so far no luck. I'm using a Samsung PN50A450 plasma. I'm using the iZ3D drivers. I downloaded a demo of an older PC game called "Need For Speed:Underground". Reason I went with an older game is because my PC is very underpowered. I have an Athlon 64 3500+ processor, 1 gig memory, and a x1300 256mb ATI Radeon card. I was playing the Need For Speed Underground demo in normal mode and it was working absolutely fine. So, I know my PC can run that game.

I think the problem was that the game demo wasn't running in a compatible resolution with my Samsung. The Samsung needs to receive a 1024 x 768 signal, or a 1360 x 768 signal to work in S3D. I had my PC's resolution set to 1360 x 768, but I don't think the game was running in that resolution, so I think that was the problem. It was just a demo, and it didn't have any settings that I could adjust, at least it didn't seem to have any settings that I could adjust.

I turned on the stereo on the iZ3D drivers, and it seemed to be doing something, but while wearing my glasses, I didn't get any 3d effects. I hit the menu button on my Samsung remote, and while the game was playing the 3D option was grayed out, but when the game wasn't playing, and I was just on my Desktop, the 3D option on the plasma was active. I think that's because it was receiving a 1360 x 768 signal at that time, and that was allowing the 3D mode to be active. It has to have either 1024 x 768 or 1360 x 768 to be active in 3D mode. Maybe I just need to get the full version of Need for Speed Underground and see if I can change the resolution to either 1024 x 768 or 1360 x 768.

I was wondering if there was some kind of test or demo I could download, just to see if my setup is even working or not? Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.
Anthony1
Cross Eyed!

Re: Is there a iZ3D demo I can try to see if my setup is working

Post by Anthony1 »

Update:

Ok, I found the options menu in the game,.... duh. The highest resolution option was 1024 x 768. I set it to that resolution, and my Samsung TV did allow me to turn on it's 3D mode. I was using the Samsung shutterglasses and it seemed to be working, but the 3D effect was either not really there, or very lame. Maybe Need for Speed Underground (the first one) isn't a game that works well with the iZ3D drivers. I'm not sure.

Another thing I must mention is that wearing those shutterglasses gave me a splitting headache. May have been the fact that most of the time I didn't have things hooked up correctly, and that could have been part of the problem. Not sure. But I really hope that the headache that I had wasn't a normal byproduct of using shutterglasses, or me and shutterglasses just ain't a viable combination. That would truly suck.

Anyways, back to my original point. Is there some kind of program or something that I can download that has a demo video or something in S3D, so I can verify if I'm even doing this right?
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Re: Is there a iZ3D demo I can try to see if my setup is working

Post by Likay »

When first enabling stereo on a game the values for convergence and separation is far from otimal! You need to sdjust them for best and most relaxing experience.
Adjust separation (=stereoeffect) is "+" and "-" on the numerical board.
Adjust convergence (=depth to game scene sort of) is "shift" + "+" and "shift" + "-".
Also: If the shutterfrequence is low the flicker may cause headache. I don't know if this is adjustable with your tv though.
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D

Return to “I'm New To Stereoscopic 3D!”