Oldest games you have made 3DV/VR work with?

Don't know the first thing about S-3D? Just bought your first pair of 3D glasses? Trying to figure out what to buy? Post HERE!
vr2000
One Eyed Hopeful

Oldest games you have made 3DV/VR work with?

Post by vr2000 »

all the threads talk about dx9, dx11, dx12 and vulkan and how to get all of those working in 3d ....
but like 90 percent of all the best games came out before dx9
and a great thing about them is framerate is no concern

the oldest game i got to work in vr was doom with a sourceport and was just about the most fun i have had with VR (even using classic keyboard and mouse controls, no motion controls)

atm i use vrhmd instead of 3dv but theyre similar enough so for either situation what softwares do you use for dx5-dx8 games and what are the oldest you've got to work?

what about older software-render or glide games in 3dv/vr or even DOS glide games? or emulated arcade or console games?

are there still good ways to run the really old games natively like with tridef or something or is it usually better to put them through dgvoodoo and then into newer software like vorpx?
vr2000
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Oldest games you have made 3DV/VR work with?

Post by vr2000 »

there are like thousands of eDimension shutter glasses games with 3d support from Win95-Win98 era with Nvidia drivers version number (about) 30...

has anyone found a way to adapt the Nvidia support of those games into SBS or anything for use with modern 3Dvision/VRHMD? lots of these games are from before proper 3DVision was launched and very few have VorpX profiles or anything similar i can find.

Return to “I'm New To Stereoscopic 3D!”