Google Cardboard HMD - SweetFX VR Correction Shader Suite

Talk about Head Mounted Displays (HMDs), augmented reality, wearable computing, controller hardware, haptic feedback, motion tracking, and related topics here!
kirito39
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Google Cardboard HMD - SweetFX VR Correction Shader Suit

Post by kirito39 »

FromCairhien wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:50 pm So I don't know if there is some proprietary reason the code for ReShade is never available, but here: I ported and refactored the SweetFX 1.5 version by Fortran for ReShade 3.0. I take only credit for porting, I didn't do any math on this one, and ReShade is super easy to use! Thanks Fortran! No warranty!

The default settings are for a DK2. The file Elite.ini is an example preset for ReShade 3.0 with settings for a Google Pixel phone in Daydream headset. Elite: Dangerous has some issues with SBS aspect ratio, so this scales horribly, but the warping is very good. Adjust the aspect ratio compensation to see if these settings suit your headset more.
clashmod
If you don't have a Daydream or DK2, I have no ideas what warping values you'll need. Try playing around with the HmdWarpParam if it looks wrong.
Thanks Cairhien for sharing the file with us. i appreciate your efforts and it's very helpful. thanks again.
Andrew125
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Google Cardboard HMD - SweetFX VR Correction Shader Suite

Post by Andrew125 »

Really cool, but can I do same as you with my sweetFX??YOWhatsapp
Last edited by Andrew125 on Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
RogerEye1253
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by RogerEye1253 »

Andrew125 wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:18 am Really cool, but can I do same as you with my sweetFX??Soul Knight Mod APK
Yes I also wanted to know if I can do it with the SweetFx?
foxximan
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by foxximan »

Hi all!
Cardboard app was functioning smooth when my Google Pixel 2 XL was on Android 7.1 however upon updating on Android 8.1 as I open the| app it only displays a blank white screen on startup and crashes itself after few second. Any idea how to fix it?
Hani
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Google Cardboard HMD - SweetFX VR Correction Shader Suit

Post by Hani »

FromCairhien wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:50 pm So I don't know if there is some proprietary reason the code for ReShade is never available, but here: I ported and refactored the SweetFX 1.5 version by Fortran for ReShade 3.0. I take only credit for porting, I didn't do any math on this one, and ReShade is super easy to use! Thanks Fortran! No warranty!
GBWhatsApp APK
The default settings are for a DK2. The file Elite.ini is an example preset for ReShade 3.0 with settings for a Google Pixel phone in Daydream headset. Elite: Dangerous has some issues with SBS aspect ratio, so this scales horribly, but the warping is very good. Adjust the aspect ratio compensation to see if these settings suit your headset more.

If you don't have a Daydream or DK2, I have no ideas what warping values you'll need. Try playing around with the HmdWarpParam if it looks wrong.
I downloaded this file, but where do i paste it?
GBWhatsapp94
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by GBWhatsapp94 »

Hi all!
Cardboard app was functioning smooth when my Google Pixel 2 XL was on Android 7.1 however upon updating on Android 8.1 as I open theI app it only displays a blank white screen on startup and crashes itself after few second. Any idea how to fix it?
Filoshky
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Filoshky »

i tried adding the barrel distortion in the game Null’s Clash, but it results in the complete dark screen and then crashing the game. help me na.
girco
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by girco »

Fortran wrote: Sun May 24, 2015 7:30 pm After several weeks of playing various PC titles with my Google Cardboard VR setup (LG G3 phone + Zeiss VR ONE HMD) mostly with vireio perception and thoroughly enjoying it I decided to try some other non vireio perception supported games such as DX10/11 titles some of which have native SBS (such as Elite Dangerous) and some of which require TriDef. The thing I instantly missed was the lens and aspect ratio correction, not to mention chromatic aberration correction so I decided to try and create a better experience for myself using some custom SweetFX shaders. I'm very new to writing shaders in general so as such there are probably mistakes which could be tidied up but regardless everything is working fine anyway.
Installation and tweaking instructions are included in the readme:
D/L LINK: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/916 ... _LENSE.zip
Can anyone repost the files?
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

That's a really old link, no idea what you are trying to do, but you might try https://reshade.me/releases/7749-5-0
LewisFletcher123
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by LewisFletcher123 »

Issue with Cardboard app on Android 8.1: It appears that after updating your Google Pixel 2 XL to Android 8.1, the Cardboard app is not functioning properly. Specifically, it displays a blank white screen on startup and crashes after a few seconds. One possible solution could be to check for updates to the Cardboard app, as the version you were using on Android 7.1 may not be compatible with the new Android 8.1 version. You may also want to check for any app-specific settings or permissions that may have changed after the Android update, and make sure they are properly configured.

Chromatic aberration in VR headset: It seems like you have purchased a generic VR headset and are experiencing chromatic aberration on the outer edges of the lenses. Chromatic aberration refers to the distortion of colors, typically appearing as fringes of color around the edges of objects. The suggested solution provided in the thread is to adjust the IPD (Interpupillary Distance) of the headset. The IPD is the distance between the center of the pupils of the eyes, and it varies from person to person. The recommended IPD for the Cardboard app is 63.5mm, and if your eye width is significantly different from this value, it may result in more chromatic aberration. The suggestion is to try finding a sweet spot by looking through one eye and shifting the headset slightly left and right to see if the chromatic aberration improves. The thread also mentions that off-axis chroma is something that may be addressed in future SDK revisions, as the DK2 lenses tend to produce more aberration.

It's important to note that VR experiences can vary greatly depending on the hardware, software, and settings being used. It's always recommended to check for updates, adjust settings, and follow any recommendations provided by the app or headset manufacturer for the best possible experience.
rohanbarbarian
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by rohanbarbarian »

3DNovice wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 10:00 am That's a really old link, no idea what you are trying to do, but you might try https://reshade.me/releases/7749-5-0
Nulls brawlThanks A Lot! But I'm trying to download the version 5.0 but clicking the link at the bottom of your post does nothing. Any help?
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

I have no idea where to find downloads of older versions.

You can get the latest at https://reshade.me/#download
Version 5.8.0 was released on April 7th 2023
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Return to “General VR/AR Discussion”