KOTOR can't move in game, if 3dVision mode is installed

vegetableharry
One Eyed Hopeful

KOTOR can't move in game, if 3dVision mode is installed

Post by vegetableharry »

Hi,

I have the following problem. I installed KOTOR (from GOG) and then I installed the 3dVision mod via the "3D Fix Manager". Everything works fine, the game is in 3D. But as soon as the mod is installed the character in the game won't turn anymore. The charactor will only go in the direction their looking.

Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a solution?

The game is still playable (at least mostly) by clicking targets, the character will move to that target. But I can't move the charactor otherwise.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Re: KOTOR can't move in game, if 3dVision mode is installed

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blacksmith60
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Blacksmith60 »

I remember that issue from years ago, this is copy pated from Steam...

If you can't move
The game is currently bugged, sometimes you wont be able to move. To fix this just activate Vertical Sync on options - graphics (:
vegetableharry
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by vegetableharry »

Hi,

thank you both. Of course I have read the readme file. But this bug is not mentioned.

The link to steam actually is a different problem, where the character stuck after a battle (I had this bug in KOTOR2). But there, it is immediately fixed after saving and loading.
For me, my character is not actually stuck. But he/she can't turn left or right. Instead he/she can only walk straight.

Anyway, I installed the game fresh in a new folder and this time installed 3dVision without any further meddling. It worked. Then I installed anything else and it also worked.
Then I realized that the other installations also worked. So it got somehow fixed (or what is more likely, this bug doesn't always appear but sometimes). I will observe this further.

But if it happens the next time, I will try it again with a blank installation to see if it there also happens.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

vr2000
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by vr2000 »

3DNovice wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 12:13 pm The official announcement from Lucasfilm also confirms they are "rebuilding the game from the ground-up" for "a modern audience."
the death sentence for any once-good game :(
then the execution: they remove the original from all sale

destroy all remakes! :evil:

they will spend hundreds of millions to remake, when for a fraction of that they could instead give jobs to the original teams to make proper expansions/sequels (bring back old bioware, troika, black isle, etc)

it is not just good old dialogue/text-heavy adventures and rpgs that are ruined, but even FPS! you can't buy unreal anymore, but there is an unreal tournament remake on epic...when you shoot the enemy ,instead of blood, hitpoint numbers fly out of them :roll:

at least 3dvision covers most of the gaming era before everything started to suck so bad

edit: uh oh i'm getting too off topic sorry. i won't post again here without something to say about fixing kotor errors

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”