Xbox Auto HDR feature coming to PC

Shift-E
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Xbox Auto HDR feature coming to PC

Post by Shift-E »

This is big news fr those of us using 3DTVs with HDR capability. While I have tried the various tools on PC that add "fake" HDR to games, I find them always very poor visually and nowhere near true HDR. The Xbox Auto HDR feature has gotten rave reviews so far, so I am hoping the results are much better. I personally love HDR, and find it to be a massive jump in visuals with no performance cost.

The only problem is the requirement to update to the current version of windows when it releases, I have been staying on 1809 just playing it safe for now. It is currently available to test in the new preview build:

https://devblogs.microsoft.com/directx/ ... ble-today/

https://www.ign.com/articles/xbox-serie ... ming-to-pc

I can think of a lot of my favorite games that I would love to try again with HDR + 3D :woot
Shift-E

Re: Xbox Auto HDR feature coming to PC

Post by Shift-E »

wow what a kick in the balls haha, thanks for posting that. I have seen people confirm it works with reshade, so at least we could use it with superdepth3D - although ironically, the only games I use superdepth with all have great native HDR already.

I have seen multiple people rave about the Auto HDR with Control, was thinking that would be a nice title to replay in 3D in the future. guess not, unless we discover what the conflict might be or a workaround.

What happens if you start in 3D so you don't have to hit Ctrl+T (I assume it crashes at launch). Also are you using an EDID mod? I would think interlaced output is needed just like regular HDR (for most games)
superedan68
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by superedan68 »

Very nice and informative post, thanks for your article. 1v1 lol
aofelix
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by aofelix »

Victoria wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:42 pm Yes, it crashes. I don’t use an EDID mod. I use 3D Vision set to HDMI Checkerboard in conjunction with the 3DVision2SBS 3dmigoto shader because I have a 3D-capable 4K TV. This allows me to get full 3840x2160 SBS or top/bottom 3D to my TV @ 60 Hz

Regular 3D Vision without the 3DVision2SBS shader is unusable for me because it is capped at 1080p24 or 720p60.

how do u do this? why not use EDID mod? i use edid mod on my C6 triples. wondering if i should do what u do instead
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shift-E

Post by Shift-E »

I have since upgraded to a 4090 so I am strictly on geo-11 now, I updated to W11 and auto HDR does work for me with no crashes. I can't say its as good as true HDR though, I'm sure it depends on the game itself. not all games are available for this feature too, which I was not aware. Still nice to have if you are playing older games in 3D..

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”