BringBack3DV - Easy automatic 3D Vision installer for the newest NVIDIA drivers

Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Re: BringBack3DV - Easy automatic 3D Vision installer for the newest NVIDIA drivers

Post by Dom »

No you can use DDU GFX uninstaller but its mixed upon if your system will be stable after switching cards.
https://www.wagnardsoft.com/forums/view ... f=5&t=3216

The thing is after you install your GFX card each time you install newer driver you want to use DDU in safe mode and uninstall the driver with this program.

Hope this helps,

Dom
http://www.cns-nynolyt.com/files/doms-systemspecs.html My System specs In HTML

Cyberia on Youtube

__________________________________________________________________________________________
narhicfd
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Re: BringBack3DV - Easy automatic 3D Vision installer for the newest NVIDIA drivers

Post by narhicfd »

Dom wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:07 pm No you can use DDU GFX uninstaller but its mixed upon if your system will be stable after switching cards.

The thing is after you install your GFX card each time you install newer driver you want to use DDU in safe mode and uninstall the driver with this program.

Hope this helps,

Dom
Dom, Ive changed some things up and would like your opinion. Okay, first of all, I returned the 1650 super and bought a rtx 2060(6gb). It came in the mail today. Also, I've been reading the 3D fix Manager post and have made it to page six. From what I've read it seems as if you can use 3D fix manager as another way to use 3D vision with newer display drivers without needing to use the BringBack3DV hack at all. Is this true??
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Dom »

narhicfd wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:35 pm
Dom wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:07 pm No you can use DDU GFX uninstaller but its mixed upon if your system will be stable after switching cards.

Hope this helps,

Dom
Dom, Ive changed some things up and would like your opinion. Okay, first of all, I returned the 1650 super and bought a rtx 2060(6gb). It came in the mail today. Also, I've been reading the 3D fix Manager post and have made it to page six. From what I've read it seems as if you can use 3D fix manager as another way to use 3D vision with newer display drivers without needing to use the BringBack3DV hack at all. Is this true??
Yes you can use 3Dfix Manager, its less intrusive that Bringback 3DV, it allows you to play online with 3d vision if there is online anticheat in place I think. I have not used 3DFix Manager yet so I can't really help untill I try it. It mostly has shortcuts for 3d fixes for helixblog fixes and 3d vision settings like reversing eyes for your display I think.

Cyberia on Youtube

__________________________________________________________________________________________
narhicfd

Post by narhicfd »

Dom wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:45 pm
narhicfd wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:35 pm

Hope this helps,

Dom
Yes you can use 3Dfix Manager, its less intrusive that Bringback 3DV, it allows you to play online with 3d vision if there is online anticheat in place I think. I have not used 3DFix Manager yet so I can't really help untill I try it. It mostly has shortcuts for 3d fixes for helixblog fixes and 3d vision settings like reversing eyes for your display I think.
Dom, do you know where I can download 3D vision's driver 425.31(standered version not the DC). I've been on the 3D vision driver page and it doesn't go that far back.
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Dom »

narhicfd wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 8:15 pm
Dom wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:45 pm
narhicfd wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:35 pm Dom, Ive changed some things up and would like your opinion. Okay, first of all, I returned the 1650 super and bought a rtx 2060(6gb). It came in the mail today. Also, I've been reading the 3D fix Manager post and have made it to page six. From what I've read it seems as if you can use 3D fix manager as another way to use 3D vision with newer display drivers without needing to use the BringBack3DV hack at all. Is this true??
Dom, do you know where I can download 3D vision's driver 425.31(standered version not the DC). I've been on the 3D vision driver page and it doesn't go that far back.
You can get it from my webserver I have stored it from awhile ago so I could use it when ever i need it. : https://www.cns-nynolyt.com/3dstuff/425 ... l-whql.exe

It might not work I am not sure you can try, if your GFX card is supported by that old driver.

Thanks,

Dom

Cyberia on Youtube

a31632
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by a31632 »

NVIDIA just updated drivers to 456.38 and this is not working anymore. It gives a “sequence not found” error.
Likely NVIDIA made some changes to the driver files?
skyrimer
Certif-Eyed!

Post by skyrimer »

ASUS PG278QR Monitor
Windows 10 1809
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @3.60ghz
Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4 3200 PC4-25600 16GB 2x8GB CL16
MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX
Corsair RM650 650W 80 Plus Gold
SSD M.2 2280 500GB
Gigabyte 2080 ti gaming oc
VR: Pimax 8k & Index controllers
jurandyrafael
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by jurandyrafael »

a31632 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:29 pm NVIDIA just updated drivers to 456.38 and this is not working anymore. It gives a “sequence not found” error.
Likely NVIDIA made some changes to the driver files?
It seems that the sequence has changed or disappeared in the new driver 456. :(
Waiting for new method.
Kermitou
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Kermitou »

452.06 seems the last driver working with bringback3DV tool :-(
81ninja
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by 81ninja »

I've downloaded driver 452.06. On a folder I have

452.06-desktop-win7-64bit-international-whql.exe

and BringBack3DV.exe.

When I run BB3DV either in explorer or in a command prompt, all I get is:

No suitable driver installer found for 64 bit
Display driver not found. Place this program in the same folder as the installer and try again.

I have even tried renaming the driver .exe to 445.75*win10* as in the example in the OP, but it won't work.

No issue with the files' attributes or security, they're not blocked, I don't have AV, running as Administrator doesn't make any difference.

Am I missing something?
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

Is it the Standard (not DCH!) driver?
81ninja
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by 81ninja »

Chtiblue wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:21 pm Is it the Standard (not DCH!) driver?
Yes, and it's a ~500 MB file.

Meanwhile I downloaded 452.06 for win10, it also won't patch it.

Then I extracted the win7 drivers to a folder using WinRAR, copied the utility to the extracted folder, ran it, and... it runs!

So what I had to do was to decompress the archive beforehand, uninstall my previous (newer) drivers, and reinstall using the extracted/patched(?) files.
Guig2000

Post by Guig2000 »

Worked fine for me on "452.06-desktop-win10-64bit-international-whql.exe" but it fail to patch the two dlls on .38 and .55
Losti
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Post by Losti »

A New tool is out there:

viewtopic.php?f=105&t=25361

This will let you install 3D-V for the latest working driver.
kagrra
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by kagrra »

What better to use. Your new Tool or the bringback3DV way?

Its unbelivable, what your guys do.
Losti

Post by Losti »

kagrra wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:54 am What better to use. Your new Tool or the bringback3DV way?

Its unbelivable, what your guys do.
:-)

My tool uses bringback3DV to hack the files (if needed for your system and diver setup), and provide an option for enable or disable the driver hack like 3DFM will do. You can also use 3DFM after the installation of the driver with this tool for enable and disable driver hack. No Global enabled driver hack with my tool, like 3DFM will do. My tool will suggest updates for the game profiles, if the are avialable and let you clean install your driver in any case. SO: Let us call my tool BringBack3DV-V2.0 :-) It summarizes all the things and do not let you fail with a driver installation and ENSURES a clean and easy installation, no matters of your current setup.

The hands on for my tool and bringback3DV is the same, nearly ZERO, but no global driver hack with my tool (enable and disable option), starting my tool after driver installation again will give you a clear info about if you are able to run games in 3D-Vision or not, let you update driver profiles to use old drivers with new profiles (if i have uploaded this to the server) and informs you about further updates for suitible 3D-Vision driver if they will be available.

So my suggestion: Get an try 3D-Vision_Driver_Changer and stay tuned! I am lazy to repeat things all the time and i want to be sure the driver installation for the user is COOL, thats the main intenton behind this tool, because any time you install a driver, its based on a DDU cleaned "surface" and the user chan check if the driver hack is needed, enabled or disabled any time starting the tool and gain updates for drivers/profiles on the top.

:woot :woot :woot :woot :woot :woot :woot
kagrra
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by kagrra »

Last edited by kagrra on Sat Oct 22, 2022 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blacksmith60

Post by Blacksmith60 »

Where can I download this tool ?

I'm finally moving on to Win10, and I guess this is the way to go atm ?
Losti

Post by Losti »

Blacksmith60 wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:58 pm Where can I download this tool ?

I'm finally moving on to Win10, and I guess this is the way to go atm ?
At the first Post??

If not you can get this

And use it, if you dont want, there is a Tools folder inside the Archive, bringback is inside.
bloodangel4711
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by bloodangel4711 »

Hello.
I tried to install and patch the latest driver, but this happened:

BringBack3DV v0.2 - Utility to install 3D Vision for NVIDIA drivers above version 426.00
------------------------------------
Extracting display driver 460.89-desktop-win10-64bit-international-whql.exe
Windows 10 2003 (or higher) 64 bit and display driver 460.89 detected, patching of the display driver is needed.
Starting patches, this may take a few moments...
Patching of nvwgf2um.dll was unsuccessful, sequence not found. File is incompatible.
Patching of nvwgf2umx.dll was unsuccessful, sequence not found. File is incompatible.

Error: Patching of drivers was unsuccessful.
Press any key to abort program.
What is the latest driver you patched and tested?

Thanks!

André
bloodangel4711
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by bloodangel4711 »

Oh - found your link to the new tool :)

I hope, this will solve my problems!
Losti

Post by Losti »

bloodangel4711 wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 6:19 am Hello.
I tried to install and patch the latest driver, but this happened:

BringBack3DV v0.2 - Utility to install 3D Vision for NVIDIA drivers above version 426.00
Extracting display driver 460.89-desktop-win10-64bit-international-whql.exe
Windows 10 2003 (or higher) 64 bit and display driver 460.89 detected, patching of the display driver is needed.
Starting patches, this may take a few moments...
Patching of nvwgf2um.dll was unsuccessful, sequence not found. File is incompatible.
Patching of nvwgf2umx.dll was unsuccessful, sequence not found. File is incompatible.

Error: Patching of drivers was unsuccessful.
Press any key to abort program.
What is the latest driver you patched and tested?

Thanks!

André
This will answer your questions:

[TOOL] 3D-Vision Driver Changer - Quick and easy 3D-Driver and Profile Installation

viewtopic.php?p=174167#p174167
neovad
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by neovad »

Hello to all. May be this information will be usefull for somebody.
I can install drivers newer than 452.06 on Win 7 by patching versions of 2 dlls in stereodriver by FVIE.exe
BUT all DX11 games can't enable 3D Vision in fullscreen mode. DX9 games works fine
sebna
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by sebna »

It seems that the process does not work for 20H2.

Tool modifies driver successfully but during installation there are no options for 3D settings to be ticked and after drier installation is finished and followed by 3D Vision driver there is a message that there is no primary driver that supports 3D stereoscope or something like this.

EDIT:

False alarm. It works. I mean does not give all the options as per instructions but works in the end which is the most important part :)

Thank you.
Losti

Post by Losti »

:woot
Robert256
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by Robert256 »

Hi guys,

Just noticed that my Win10 installation suddenly was updated to driver 456 automatically. It seems Microsoft is forcing a newer driver through Windows Update. Fortunately there is a workaround, by setting a policy, I have updated the instructions in the first post: viewtopic.php?f=105&t=23752
russellk
Cross Eyed!

Post by russellk »

Robert256 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:09 am Hi guys,

Just noticed that my Win10 installation suddenly was updated to driver 456 automatically. It seems Microsoft is forcing a newer driver through Windows Update. Fortunately there is a workaround, by setting a policy, I have updated the instructions in the first post: viewtopic.php?f=105&t=23752
Thanks Robert, I noticed the same thing when I updated to 20H2. It's useful to have everything in one place here.
Win 10 1903 (Via 3dfix manager - Non DCH)/W11, 11700K, Gigabyte 2080Ti OC, Samsung G9, LG 3d OLED, 4k Projector, WMR Odyssey+
Chtiblue
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Chtiblue »

Robert256 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:09 am Hi guys,

Sadly, this method blocks all driver update, my reverb G2 update driver was blocked
kevinmarchant
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by kevinmarchant »

I’ve had some success in preventing only nVidia drivers updating using this technique.

https://www.howtogeek.com/263851/how-to ... c-drivers/
WickedScav
Cross Eyed!

Post by WickedScav »

Robert256 wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:09 am Just noticed that my Win10 installation suddenly was updated to driver 456 automatically. It seems Microsoft is forcing a newer driver through Windows Update. Fortunately there is a workaround, by setting a policy, I have updated the instructions in the first post: viewtopic.php?f=105&t=23752
Ah thanks for the heads-up! I was wondering why lately 3DVision was always disappearing from my system after a few reboots. Somehow I hadn't noticed, that Windows updated the drivers without my consent, quite annoying.

I will now apply the fix from kevinmarchant. Thanks for sharing the link!
Cer
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Cer »

kevinmarchant wrote: Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:01 pm I’ve had some success in preventing only nVidia drivers updating using this technique.

https://www.howtogeek.com/263851/how-to ... c-drivers/
As Win 10 Home edition does not come with gpedit, you need to follow these instructions first:
https://www.itechtics.com/easily-enable ... e-edition/
projektion
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by projektion »

Sadly, industry killed 3D! First they want our money but after that, they forget their customers!
There was really no need for Nshitia to kill 3D in there drivers. Drivers a not better now, nor the download size of the driver has decreased!
the_jaguar
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by the_jaguar »

I know it's been a year since we discovered the madvr issue for 3D MVC. I had been on the older Nvidia driver version until recently, but Windows forced an upgrade and upgraded the driver too. I DDU'd and installed the old driver 425.31, but the driver crashes every time I try to play 3D MVC files. Did madshi update the later beta versions to work with more recent version of the Nvidia driver?
NextWorldVR
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by NextWorldVR »

I guess 3D Vision is finally dead... I would love to get the Oculus 3D (?) version working but even the HELIX thing is impossible, none of the links ever work,. I bought this Helix thing on Steam, but i have never been able to use it (My game is not on the list) I see the Doom video but that requires files above that are not avaiable ...
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lizzard
Cross Eyed!

Post by Lizzard »

NextWorldVR wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:55 pm I guess 3D Vision is finally dead... I would love to get the Oculus 3D (?) version working but even the HELIX thing is impossible, none of the links ever work,. I bought this Helix thing on Steam, but i have never been able to use it (My game is not on the list) I see the Doom video but that requires files above that are not avaiable ...
3D Vision might be severely wounded but not dead. nVidia amputated its dreams. As long as 3dMigoto still exists and the drivers support the games it would keep going until the last compatible RTX cant keep up with the latest releases. This technology at the core was driven by demand. And demand was low because affordability and performance were out of balance. As VR increases demand will increase. Youtubers are already emphasizing how content is running dry. You cant fully immerse yourself with technology that cant keep up. Thats the main reason why this never became mainstream. The pixels, hardware and engines are at a climax now. But drivers are starting to haunt us. Its the drivers thats holding us back.

With HelixVision you need to understand all the basics of what does what. Otherwise you will have a hard time to get things to work. There are too many variables to make it plug and play. With a handful of programmers you could never achieve this. About 30% of the games on their curated list wont work on my specific setup. But about 40% of what I play there are also not on their curated list either. So there are more than meets the eye. If you understand how insanely intricately all the variables still manages to function in conjunction with each other you start to value the fact that this is still possible. Its sad to say that this is mostly for passionate guys. As long as you have a passion for this you will always find something that works. Many times the problem is a simple setting somewhere that needs to be active or off. But if you don't experiment you would never know. Patience is part of the package. Chances are also that you have a unique setup with a unique problem that no one else has. To get something you like working sometimes takes a whole day. Other times "Play in VR" was all that was necessary. This even with games not on their curated list.
Share our love for stereoscopic gaming in VR
:anaglyph https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKLifl ... /playlists :anaglyph
:anaglyph https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKLifl ... 5lw/videos :anaglyph
֍ Win 10:21H1 ֍ 251.48 ֍ RTX2080 ֍ i9 9900k ֍ Benq1070 ֍ Samsung S27A950D, Odyssey+ ֍ LG 49UF8509 ֍ FujifilmW3 ֍
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Guho
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Guho »

FWIW, I just want to let everyone know this tool still works in June 2023. I have Windows 11 Pro x64 on an i9-13900k and an RTX 2080 super and driver 452.22 can be installed with Bringback3dv.exe. Then I had to quickly go into gpedit.msc to set up prevention of driver installation for the hardware ID of my GPU to prevent Windows from forcing a newer driver. I just watched a 3D blu-ray using my 3D vision glasses last night on my Asus 3D monitor. Many thanks to the developer! I have a separate partition with Windows 11 with latest driver for my main usage and dual boot partition with Windows 11 pro/ 452.22/Bringback3DV for 3D usage.

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”