Help setting up Nvidia 3d vision

gascan22
One Eyed Hopeful

Help setting up Nvidia 3d vision

Post by gascan22 »

Hi, I'm new to 3d and I'm having problems actually getting my setup to work. I've got the following hardware:

Benq xl2420 120hz 3d vision ready monitor
GTX 670
Active shutter glasses with ir emitter (Not Nvidia)

I've got all the latest graphics, monitor drivers installed (310.70) plus all the 3d drivers

The problem is that when I go to enable 3d vision in the control panel and then follow the setup wizard, after selecting the option "Usb ir emitter and glasses" and then inserting the usb emitter I get the following error "The 3d vision USB driver is not installed". It then gives me a link to download it but when I click on it the NVidia website tells me that this driver is already included in the main driver download. So I've checked and it is already installed on my pc.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times, I've double checked that I'm using the dual link dvi cable plugged in to the right ports, my screen refresh rate is at 120hz.

I guess it could be a problem with me using Unbranded shutter glasses but the website I bought them from claims that they work with NVidia 3d vision.

I've also installed tridef 3d software and cannot get that to work either. I get the message " the stereo display driver could not be initialized"

If I could just get my monitor and graphics card to display in 3d then I could actually test the glasses. Is there any way of bypassing Nvidia's setup wizard and just force enabling 3d vision??

It might be worth mentioning that I can get 3d to work with the crappy red and blue glasses but not with the shutter glasses. I think its called 3d vision discover.

I've spent hours looking online trying to find a solution but I can't find any info regarding this problem.

Any help would be much appreciated because at this point I'm pretty close to smashing up my whole system in rage.

Thanks
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Help setting up Nvidia 3d vision

Post by cybereality »

I think Nvidia started blocking those bootleg glasses. They did work at some point. I guess you could try to find an old driver when they still worked, but I'm not sure how far back you would have to go. Probably the best thing to do would be to get a real pair of Nvidia glasses with the official emitter. That should definitely work.
gascan22
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by gascan22 »

Hey, thanks for the reply.

I've managed to get them working with driver version 306.23. As soon as I installed this one it showed up that the ir emitter was plugged in.

I can't really comment on their performance because I'm new to 3d but it looks pretty damn good and compared to 3d discovery they're about 100 times better.

Hopefully it's just an error with the latest driver and it will be sorted out with the next but more likely Nvidia have managed to stop the bootleg glasses. If they have done that then these glasses are pretty much useless since there's no way I'm going to get good frame rates on the latest games especially far cry 3 using a driver from September. So I suppose I'll just have to send em back and dig deep into my wallet for Nvidia's ridiculously priced glasses.

Anyway thanks again

Gascan
sabri2023
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by sabri2023 »

This is great info

Return to “Stereoscopic 3D Hardware Technical Support”