Video player for Nvidia Ampere

Zachariasz
One Eyed Hopeful

Video player for Nvidia Ampere

Post by Zachariasz »

Hello,

I'm looking for a stereoscopic video player that would work with 3dVision and Nvidia 3xxx GPU series. I used to use "Stereoscopic player" but it's not working anymore - gives me "attempt to run stereoscopic 3D in a non-stereo display mode" and although shutters in glasses are running, the image is off. It's not a problem of my configuration I believe, as I tried running Skyrim and it worked fine. I guess "Stereoscopic player" uses dx11?

Do you have any recommendations?
TIA
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Re: Video player for Nvidia Ampere

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Sat Apr 06, 2024 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

john105
Cross Eyed!

Post by john105 »

3DNovice wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 5:30 pm Cyberlink PowerDVD Ultra used to support 3D Vision, but they dropped support a few years back.
If you can find an old version to buy or a trial, it might work.
Yes, the last version with 3D support is PowerDVD 19. I tried it or 18 (don't remember exactly) with a new driver and it didn't work, so it looks like it uses DX11. Maybe some really old version would still work. Also a trial won't work even with a driver with full 3D Vision support, at least for Blu-ray 3D. You need to buy it.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

john105
Cross Eyed!

Post by john105 »

Yes, I tried a certified 3D Vision monitor the first time. Now I've checked it with a HDMI 1.4 compliant display, and it still doesn't work. In both cases the 3D mode indicator activates, but the image stays in 2D. The driver I tried was 460.89, but I doubt any other driver >452 would give a different result. If the player uses DX11, like modern versions of PowerDVD, it simply won't work with any connection type.
john105
Cross Eyed!

Post by john105 »

I'm updating this thread in case anyone is still looking for a solution.

As I mentioned above, PowerDVD stopped working for me after the 452 driver, which is required for the 3xxx GPU series. It's still true on Windows 7 that I used to test it back then. Fortunately, it works to a degree on Windows 11. It still only plays as 2D when the player is in the windowed mode, but after you switch it to full screen and wait for the controls to hide, it finally starts playing in 3D. I tested it with both Blu-ray 3D and SBS/TB video files. My GPU is the 1080 Ti, but I assume there shouldn't be a difference with 3xxx here, as there's no difference with games.

PowerDVD uses DX9 on both Windows 7 and 11, at least for Blu-rays. The reason it only works when in full screen and with controls hidden is probably because even the DX9 output must be in exclusive fullscreen mode to work, as bo3b mentioned in another thread. 3D Vision driver with nvSCPAPI.dll and nvSCPAPI64.dll version changed to match the current driver (manually using FVIE, BringBack3DV, Losti's 3D-Vision Driver Changer or 3D Fix Manager) is needed for it to work of course.
Flint Eastwood
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Flint Eastwood »

I know this thread is old, but sView is a nice player too. And it works on latest drivers (v527.56) with Nvidia 3D Vision.
But it's a simple stereoscopic player, doesn't work with 3D-BluRays.
https://www.sview.ru/en/
Ryzen 7800X3D // 32GB RAM // GTX 1070 // 3D-Vision glasses + Asus PG248Q // Win10 Home 64bit 22H2 // Nvidia Driver v546.29
victoriaemmy
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by victoriaemmy »

Great work so far, looking forward to try it - thanks :)
friday night funkin

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”