TrackIR and Mechwarrior 5

Official forum for open source FreePIE discussion and development.
Tachi20
One Eyed Hopeful

TrackIR and Mechwarrior 5

Post by Tachi20 »

Hello there, and thank you for reading this.

I'm trying to use the TrackIR script with Mechwarrior 5, which does have a "free look" button.

I'd like to be able to hold a button down through the script when I toggle it with Z.

For example, in MW5, Left CTRL when held down allows the mouse to look freely around. I don't know how to do it, but I'd like to hit Z to toggle,
then the script can constantly hold down CTRL for me so I can freely move around while looking around similar to many space game or Mechwarrior Online for that matter.

Thank you for any help. It would be much more immersive this way.

Update: I found a topic that toggled the right mouse button being held down. Used that with basic TrackIR script and even the one made for Empyrion. Works like a charm,
I already use a mapper program for my Joystick, so I dedicated a button to hit both the toggle for the script itself and the toggle to hold the button down. Worked better than I thought.
itkref12
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: TrackIR and Mechwarrior 5

Post by itkref12 »

Tachi20 wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:22 pm Hello there, and thank you for reading this.

I'm trying to use the TrackIR script with Mechwarrior 5, which does have a "free look" button.

I'd like to be able to hold a button down through the script when I toggle it with Z.

For example, in MW5, Left CTRL when held down allows the mouse to look freely around. I don't know how to do it, but I'd like to hit Z to toggle,
then the script can constantly hold down CTRL for me so I can freely move around while looking around similar to many space game or Mechwarrior Online for that matter.

Thank you for any help. It would be much more immersive this way.

Update: I found a topic that toggled the right mouse button being held down. Used that with basic TrackIR script and even the one made for Empyrion. Works like a charm,
I already use a mapper program for my Joystick, so I dedicated a button to hit both the toggle for the script itself and the toggle to hold the button down. Worked better than I thought.
learned today mechwarrior 5 support trackrir,

Toggling the right mouse button being held down is a great way to achieve the effect you're looking for.

If you want to modify the script to hold down a different key, such as Left CTRL, you can simply replace the line that toggles the right mouse button with a line that holds down the Left CTRL key.

Here's an example of how you can modify the script to achieve this:

Code: Select all

[Toggle1]
Toggle=1
Toggle_Key=Z
Hold_Key=LeftCtrl

[FreeLook]
Hold1=RightMouseButton
Hold1_Enable=Toggle1
Hold2=LeftCtrl
Hold2_Enable=Toggle1
In this modified script, the "FreeLook" section now holds down the LeftCtrl key instead of the right mouse button. When Toggle1 is activated by pressing the Z key, both the "Hold1" and "Hold2" commands will be executed, causing the LeftCtrl key to be held down.
sent from Android youtube apk

Return to “FreePIE”