Extreme Ghosting with geo11

Don't know the first thing about S-3D? Just bought your first pair of 3D glasses? Trying to figure out what to buy? Post HERE!
Jbbrack03
One Eyed Hopeful

Extreme Ghosting with geo11

Post by Jbbrack03 »

I lucked out and found a full 3D Vision 2 Wireless Kit on Facebook for $40. I'm new to 3D, but I am very experienced with computers. Anyway, I understand that certain hardware is preferable. And I am willing to upgrade my setup over time. But I'd like to at least enjoy whatever my current rig can handle today. I have a Dell 32" 2K 165Hz VA panel monitor and a 3060ti GPU. I understand that what I can run on this is limited due to newer driver versions. But my understanding is that I can still run some content in nvidia_dx9 mode through geo11. So I'm using The Witcher 3 as a test subject. I installed all of the 3D Vision and Emitter Drivers through 3D Fix Manager. Checkmarks on everything except for my Nvidia Driver Version. I installed the EDID of a Dell Monitor that supports 3D Vision and 2K at 144Hz. I downloaded all of the fixes for the Witcher 3 and installed them in the x64 game folder. I adjusted the geo11 file to go into nvidia_dx9 mode. When I load up the game, I'm able to press the Nvidia button on the Emitter which lights up bright green and the image shows 3D Ghosting on my monitor. I get the exact same image through the glasses. So something is off. So instead of getting the 3D effect, I'm just getting the ghosted image. I'm not sure if this means that my monitor spoofing was not correct, or if there's some sort of Timing's issue. Anyone have any ideas on where to go from here?
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Re: Extreme Ghosting with geo11

Post by 3DNovice »

Return to “I'm New To Stereoscopic 3D!”