New Monitor - 3D Vision Help (Hope)

RaleighWolf22
One Eyed Hopeful

New Monitor - 3D Vision Help (Hope)

Post by RaleighWolf22 »

Good afternoon,

I purchased a new monitor recently that is not "3D Vision Ready", however I am hoping to get success using the EDID override method.

The monitor I purchased is 32" Dell S3220DGF 2560x1440 HDR 165Hz FreeSync

I overrode the EDID using the INF from a Dell S2716DG (3D Vision Ready Monitor 144hz)

It shows as a 3D vision ready monitor, let's me change refresh to 120 or 144, displays like 3d vision is working, but the glasses don't sync correctly - meaning it looks the same using the glasses or not (Blurry).

(Yes made sure glasses were powered on and green light was bright on emitter)

Can anyone provide any help in hopes of getting this monitor to work in 3D? :(

Thank you in advance! :anaglyph
Feisty_Fernando
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Re: New Monitor - 3D Vision Help (Hope)

Post by Feisty_Fernando »

RaleighWolf22 wrote:Good afternoon,

I purchased a new monitor recently that is not "3D Vision Ready", however I am hoping to get success using the EDID override method.

The monitor I purchased is 32" Dell S3220DGF 2560x1440 HDR 165Hz FreeSync

I overrode the EDID using the INF from a Dell S2716DG (3D Vision Ready Monitor 144hz)

It shows as a 3D vision ready monitor, let's me change refresh to 120 or 144, displays like 3d vision is working, but the glasses don't sync correctly - meaning it looks the same using the glasses or not (Blurry).

(Yes made sure glasses were powered on and green light was bright on emitter)

Can anyone provide any help in hopes of getting this monitor to work in 3D? :(

Thank you in advance! :anaglyph
Surprised there isn't a thread dedicated to this, although it's the first I've heard of anyone attempting to get 3D from a 2D monitor.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
schwing
Cross Eyed!

Post by schwing »

NvTimingsEd on GitHub is what you're looking for.
Win 10 v1909 / 1x Nvidia 980Ti GPU (v452.22, 1080p)
sodgim
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by sodgim »

Does anyone know how to use NvTimingsEd?? A guide would be VERY helpful. I Have 3D vision working on a non-3Dvision monitor, but if I could just adjust the timing of the 3D VIsion glasses. I owuld have a workable solution.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Sat Apr 06, 2024 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
treeeddd
Cross Eyed!

Post by treeeddd »

Does anyone know how to use NvTimingsEd??
The main thing is to activate the 3d stereoscoptic tab in the nvidia control panel with a 3dvision compatible monitor. The NvTimingsEd has a list of monitor IDs that needs to be changed in CRU tool for it to be recognized to a 3dvision compatible monitor ID. Once that's is set, in NvTimingsEd under the monitor ID, the setting should be able to reflect to the timing of the glasses.

Which monitor do you have? I have experiment with a few already, All TN monitors pretty much work if they have some sort of BFI MODE. I got my samsung odyssey G7 working, which in itself didn't really need much changing in the end, it took me a long time figuring out the issues with the monitor itself. Almost all IPS monitors are no go, it can work but there's too much crosstalk and trying to adjust the timing of the glasses to reduce the crosstalk make it really to dim. There's only going to be a handful of non TN monitors that are going to work coming out in the future, they require a fast pixel refresh timing like what the odyssey G7 has in order to make it work without crosstalk.

Here's a thread where helped someone set it up, might be useful for you:

viewtopic.php?t=23330

Return to “Nvidia 3D Vision Fixes, Solutions and Troubleshooting”