setting up nvidia 3d vision in win10/11 rtx 3060 non-passive-3d 4K monitor

Post your recommended stereoscopic 3D separation/convergence settings along with game performance recommendations.
goofyseeker3
One Eyed Hopeful

setting up nvidia 3d vision in win10/11 rtx 3060 non-passive-3d 4K monitor

Post by goofyseeker3 »

so, how you are supposed to get the nvidia 3d vision working on the recent system.

preface: latest rtx 3060 driver with latest separate 267.85 3d vision controller driver installed (so that all devices have working drivers).
some sites tell to use EDID settings to get a standard display (non passive-3d) to get a monitor to work, but how this is achieved is not clear.

I have ASUS VP28U (4K) on win11.
Twiztednibbz
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: setting up nvidia 3d vision in win10/11 rtx 3060 non-passive-3d 4K monitor

Post by Twiztednibbz »

Im actually in a similar position. Ive got a 3080 and the only games that work in 3d are ones wheres its baked into the game every single other game fails to open in 3d period. Shadow of the tomb raider looks AMAZING!!! I can literally just turn it on in settings and the projector does the rest itself. I have got the 3d vision driver installed via 3d fix manager.
I watch stacks of sbs 3d content youtube kodi blueray dvds etc and everything seems to work great but i cannot for the life of me get any games to play in 3d that do not have it in the menus.
Ive got an optoma hd 141x with sbs, O/U and frame sequential which ive not managed to activate yet lol
Ive got 144hz dlp link glasses from eBay that seems to work good if i can get the game to show sbs. The projector i presume from reading its soecs can deal with 3dvision also. Screen is 110”

Rtx 3080 gaming oc and 456.xx drivers dont work with it its a later one so i have installed that for now.

2700 cpu 32 gigs of dominator, x470 rog strix and a 650 gold plus psu.

Ive tried and failed with all of the helixvision stuff geo 11 tridef iz3d 3d fix manager etc etc etc there is something im doing completely wrong or my set up just wont do it. Everything seems to install ok but the games NEVER start in anything but 2d.

Ive tried windows 10 1809 and windows 11 most upto date no difference.

If i stuck my 1070 back in and then installed and got
everything working i wonder if i could put the new gpu in and get it to work again without ruining the 3d/updating the driver.

Joined to reply to this as i have been lurking for a long time

Return to “S-3D Game Settings (NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision)”