2D/3D 3Dfier Movie Converter!

Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

2D/3D 3Dfier Movie Converter!

Post by Neil »

Check out the new 2D/3D movie converter that works with iZ3D Classic Movie Player!

Share your findings here so future versions can improve.

You can download it here:

http://www.mtbs3d.com/dloads/index.php? ... egory&id=7" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (you must be registered to access the downloads section)

Regards,
Neil
BlackShark
Certif-Eyable!

Re: 2D/3D 3Dfier Movie Converter!

Post by BlackShark »

I just tried,
on some shots, the depts detection works well and the image looks good, but on most shots i've tried there is always some objects being at the completely wrong depth.

There is also a lot a pop-out (which i don't like)
Most of the titles and text are rendered at a depth, i think the filter tries to find some perspective in the text and non moving objects.
I haven't found the filter controls, there is a tray icon with menus but everything is greyed out so i can't disable it, all my videos opened in iz3dmpc get the 2D3Dification treatment, this is an issue for me as it's a directshow filter and is applied for all videos.

If you have any control over the filter, please tell me where i can't find anything.
The plugin is also not multithreaded : this is a huge issue, especially for modern video processing, i can't watch anything HD dur to single core saturation.... and my other core waits endlessly...
Passive 3D forever !
DIY polarised dual-projector setup :
2x Epson EH-TW3500 (2D 1080p)
Xtrem Screen Daylight 2.0, for polarized 3D
3D Vision gaming with signal converter : VNS Geobox 501
cirk2
Certif-Eyed!

Post by cirk2 »

I think its a great tool, but it need some improvements... Like BlackShark said.

Also: Is there a way to get propper interlanced? I only get Crosseyed and IZ3D, but nothing for my Zalman...
jgordon
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by jgordon »

Gave this converter a try. Don't expect much from such conversion, seen some before that didn't do much.
It did produce a picture that was interesting to watch but found a couple major problems. I use MPC homecinema
for HD movies and after installing this utility it was showing in side by side as well - not acceptable. Also in the
IZ3d player I had things that I was watching freeze the video twice. These problems caused me to uninstall.

Nice try but obviously needs some work.
cirk2
Certif-Eyed!

Post by cirk2 »

it is also only running 10minutes long, not good for beta-testing...

also it seems to work best on moving cenes, may it combines pulfrich effect with some algorythm
Tril
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Tril »

What I noticed is that it displays the video on a curved surface. The upper left corner is pushed in the screen, the upper right corner is pulled out of the screen and the bottom is at screen depth. I think it also displays the video from two slightly different times to each eye.

It gives some depth but it's only good to experiment a bit. Not to use all the time.
CPU : Intel i7-7700K
RAM : 32 GB ram
Video card : GeForce GTX 980 Ti
Display : Samsung UN40JU7500 Curved 40-Inch UHD TV with shutter glasses
HMD : Oculus Rift

3Dfier
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by 3Dfier »

There is only one control for this demo release. You can disable the filter when you stop video playback. It doesn't work when you pause the video. (If your player never stop the video but only pause, you will not be able to disable 3D filter). It might not help much though as even if you disable 3Dfier filter effect, normal video got played still around 10 minutes only. As we intended to release this version for testing purpose only, we did not try to fix this. HD video manipulation will take much higher CPU capability to make it smooth. Today you don't play Blueray smoothly without proper hardware acceleration, not to say a DirectShow filter with no hardware support. Hope this answers some questions in this thread. Also we hope you enjoyed playing with this demo release.

Best regards,

3Dfier

visit 3Dfier.blogspot.com to see some captures with 3Dfier.

P.S. I tried to show the well-known optical illusion with the attached photo I've taken. At a distance, it is sometimes difficult to tell if the mask is pop out or sinked in. Our algorithm has similar limitation like human brain under this circumstance but it will be compensated if you do not pause the video and view from a distance.
BlackShark wrote:I just tried,
on some shots, the depts detection works well and the image looks good, but on most shots i've tried there is always some objects being at the completely wrong depth.

There is also a lot a pop-out (which i don't like)
Most of the titles and text are rendered at a depth, i think the filter tries to find some perspective in the text and non moving objects.
I haven't found the filter controls, there is a tray icon with menus but everything is greyed out so i can't disable it, all my videos opened in iz3dmpc get the 2D3Dification treatment, this is an issue for me as it's a directshow filter and is applied for all videos.

If you have any control over the filter, please tell me where i can't find anything.
The plugin is also not multithreaded : this is a huge issue, especially for modern video processing, i can't watch anything HD dur to single core saturation.... and my other core waits endlessly...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BlackShark
Certif-Eyable!

Post by BlackShark »

3Dfier wrote: HD video manipulation will take much higher CPU capability to make it smooth. Today you don't play Blueray smoothly without proper hardware acceleration, not to say a DirectShow filter with no hardware support.
I do it with CPU only.
All you need is a proper multithreaded H264 decoder.
The reference for now is the CoreAVC decoder, supports up to 4 cores.
DivX.Inc is also developping a highly optimized H264 decoder (under private beta testing at the moment), supports up to 8 cores.

Both codecs successfully decode H264 1080p streams in real time on my intel core2due e4300 (1.8Ghz) at an average 60% CPU useage

I also have plenty of HD footage (720p) on my hard drive in many different formats (DivX, wmv, HDV1080i) which are even lighter (10~20% cpu useage) and on which the 3Dfier fails to decode in realtime due to non-multithreaded algorithm. (one of my cpu core is stuck at 100% useage and the other one is idle).
Passive 3D forever !
DIY polarised dual-projector setup :
2x Epson EH-TW3500 (2D 1080p)
Xtrem Screen Daylight 2.0, for polarized 3D
3D Vision gaming with signal converter : VNS Geobox 501
carlyse09
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by carlyse09 »

I think its really cool and great.I'll try to download it to the site given above.Thanks for shaing it with us.
3Dfier
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by 3Dfier »

Guys, thanks for your great feedback. We will continue to improve the performance and work with 3D display makers to add more device supports. Attached is the latest release that fixes some minor bugs and changed tray icon and menu. Both Anaglyph version and Side-By-Side version are attached. You can use one of them at a time.

Best regards,

3Dfier

Edit: new version 0.2 can be downloaded here
Last edited by 3Dfier on Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
kuquet
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by kuquet »

Hi 3Dfier :D

Congratulations and encouragement for the new plugins. :lol:

Is it possible to use it with 3d shutter glasses and a CRT monitor, like 3dplus software ?

regards
cirk2
Certif-Eyed!

Post by cirk2 »

Hello,

first of all some more outputs would be nice, specially shutter and zalman (interlanced).

And have you ever thougt about using CUDA (NVIDIA) and its ATI devirate (Iron or something...)? It should enable you to use more computations for an better result...

And due your 10 min limitation I think you are planning to sell it, what will the price be about?
DOgee
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by DOgee »

im new can someone tel me how to run
this. i have iz3d but i dont know how to
open the 3dfier file with it.
Please help.
Neil

Post by Neil »

Download the iZ3D classic movie player here:

http://www.mtbs3d.com/dloads/index.php? ... egory&id=7" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Install it, then install 3DFier. Once running, you should be able to select the movie, and select "side by side" as the stereo format.

Regards,
Neil
3Dfier
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by 3Dfier »

kuquet wrote:Hi 3Dfier :D

Congratulations and encouragement for the new plugins. :lol:

Is it possible to use it with 3d shutter glasses and a CRT monitor, like 3dplus software ?

regards
Theoretically if you have a 3D player that utilizes directshow and can play side-by-side format into page flipping, it should work. This is why we made it a directshow filter and how it worked for iZ3D Media Player Classics. What kind of player you are using now? We also consider to add the support for page flipping in the future. Honestly we are seeking opportunities with device makers. If the shutter glasses maker is interested, we surely would love to work with them as well.

3Difer
kuquet
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by kuquet »

Hi :mrgreen:

Can you explain how to do, with nvidia card (7950GX2)+ nvidia stereo driver + Win XP sp3 + without iZ3D monitor but barco CRT projector ?

With Stereoscopic Player demo 1.34 3Dfier doesn't run :(

With StereoMovie it's a freeware 3Dfier doesn't run :(

And with iZ3D Media Player Classic 3Dfier run, stereo format "side by side", and stereo rendenring "iZ3D", but no good stereographics movie, how to active "page flipping" in iZ3D Media Player Classic

I'm using 3Dplus and 3Drodvd, the stereographis movie is Ok but it's a old software who doesn't run with H264......

I want using 3dfier with dvbwiever,it's a TV satelite + dvd + video wiever

I'm tryng to build graphs with graphedit, but no results. In Graphedit the graph is ok but there is connection problems if I use it in dvbwiever.

thierry
laxcoach
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by laxcoach »

3Dfier, I sent you a PM. Please take a look.
3Dfier
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by 3Dfier »

Thanks for your great feedback. In fact, we had tried to use Stereoscopic player with 3Dfier but found out it is not calling directshow filters when decoding divx, xvid or any other file format but using the divx/xvid decoders directly. This is why 3Dfier does not work. I believe Stereoscopic player should have supported page flipping well. It just doesn't work correctly with our filter. The Stereo Movie Player from stereo.jpn.org claims to work with page flipping but we also had some problem with it. If you set in preference the full screen mode to DirectDraw toggle full screen with <enter> key sometimes, you see the stereo pairs on the left half of the screen. We might end up need to develop the player ourselves to support page flipping. Video in is an interesting idea that we also had thought about but the priority is low for the moment.

3Difer
kuquet wrote:Hi :mrgreen:

Can you explain how to do, with nvidia card (7950GX2)+ nvidia stereo driver + Win XP sp3 + without iZ3D monitor but barco CRT projector ?

With Stereoscopic Player demo 1.34 3Dfier doesn't run :(

With StereoMovie it's a freeware 3Dfier doesn't run :(

And with iZ3D Media Player Classic 3Dfier run, stereo format "side by side", and stereo rendenring "iZ3D", but no good stereographics movie, how to active "page flipping" in iZ3D Media Player Classic

I'm using 3Dplus and 3Drodvd, the stereographis movie is Ok but it's a old software who doesn't run with H264......

I want using 3dfier with dvbwiever,it's a TV satelite + dvd + video wiever

I'm tryng to build graphs with graphedit, but no results. In Graphedit the graph is ok but there is connection problems if I use it in dvbwiever.

thierry
OllyLuck
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by OllyLuck »

Will this real time 2D/3D 3Dfier converter support the new colorcode 3D ( blue and yellow ) any time soon ?
3Dfier
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by 3Dfier »

OllyLuck wrote:Will this real time 2D/3D 3Dfier converter support the new colorcode 3D ( blue and yellow ) any time soon ?
Do you expect a yellow/blue output or amber/blue of colorcode 3D?
UndeadD3vi1
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by UndeadD3vi1 »

Any plans on making your own Stereoscopic Video Player (Use Media Player Classic Home Cinema as base?)

Otherwise this is just a waste to be blunt. Only iz3D monitor owners can use this :(
Make up your own opinions, don't believe B.S! Especally when its about a human and spread with the intent of ruing that persons life.

3D is the Future of Viewing Tech, you see in 3D naturally so how can it not be something you want on your screens?!

cybereality

Post by cybereality »

I am trying to test this with my laptop and I'm not having much luck. I got the iz3d media player and downloaded the 3dfierSBSDemo filter. It looked like everything installed ok. When I open a video in the iz3d media player, I choose "side-by-side" and then it gets all messed up. The video now only shows at about half or 30% of its horizontal resolution (ie there are large black bars on either side). In the middle it shows 2 videos overlapping but it is only a small cropped portion of the real video. I don't know what I did wrong. Any help here?
xFullHD3D
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by xFullHD3D »

any news on this?
does it work on a 3Dready TV?
or on a Planar?

as you can define the decoder in Stereoscopic Player, it could work, right?
maybe with ffdshow in between? :idea:

have to try soon when I got time for this...

i still think the quality can not be as good as with a real stereo movie, right? :?:
anyone got good or excellent results with a 2D-3D converter? maybe without realtime conversion?
i just tried 3Dcombine once and was not convinced...
isaactoo
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by isaactoo »

It works...it's sensitive and causes crashes if you try and change any settings while the video is playing, but it works :D

Please make a version that halves the separation...on shots with a lot of movement (like in Lord Of The Rings or IronMan) the separation is way too much. Maybe even having it at 1/5 separation would be good.

Of course it would be fantastic to have it user set and have autofocus/autoconvergence, but that's probably asking too much :)

Thank you,
Isaactoo
herdhon
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by herdhon »

Dear moderator,
I found this 2D/3D movie converter about a week ago (demo version), it's totally awesome :woot
Can I save the movie with anaglyph3D effect? I tried twice but the file still in 2D, the anaglyph3D effect didn't came with it. I really wish I could save my 3D video coz I want to share it to my wife & sons, they live in Nort Sulawesi, Indonesia. I stay in Bandung, West Java, Indonesia, for work.
Thank you.
Fal
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Fal »

Further news from tool, new version available and soon they will start selling it

http://3dvision-blog.com/3dfier-realtim ... ld-for-25/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Can you guys that have tested it tell of the quality? How are the panorama sceenes? The Closeupp scenes? Fast moving scenes?

/Fal
christ0ff
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by christ0ff »

I found amazing that anyone managed to make this work, but it does !!!

I tried many movies and by far, any cartoon like pixar movies seem to have the best 3d render effects.

Only issue is setting it up when movies are not in native 16:9. I have nvidia 3d glasses...

Clearly the best depth effects (forget about pop out effects btw) seem to be there when there is a clear and deep background scene...

Again, pixar movies 3d render and the likes are stunning with this converter...
I will definitively pay $25 just to continue supporting this company. Amazing work.
:shutter
:P
My specs:
2.4Ghz dual core - 2Gb Memory - 8800 GTS 512Mb
Nvidia 3d Vision + Viewsonic 120Hz
Windows 7 Ultimate - DX 11
chopped247
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by chopped247 »

In my experience this works extremely well. It is amazing being able to watch old movies like Terminator 2 in 3D.
I have found that the optimal configuration is to use the latest NVIDIA 3D Vision Video Player along with the CoreAVC H.264 Codec (CoreAVC supports multi-threaded playback and uses Nvidia CUDA).
My current setup is an Intel Q9550 @ 3.4Ghz, 2x NVIDIA 9800GTX in SLI and the NVIDIA 3D Vision LCD Shutter Glasses :newshutter with a Samsung 22" Monitor.
This is the only configuration I have found so far that can play 1080p videos in 3D using 3Dfier.
Any High-Def videos look great but High-Def animated movies definitely look the best.

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”