PlayStation 5 / XBox Series X Incoming...

RAGEdemon
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

PlayStation 5 / XBox Series X Incoming...

Post by RAGEdemon »

PS5 specs below:

https://www.wired.com/story/exclusive-playstation-5/

Since the vast majority of PC games are multi-platform console ports, it looks like we PC gamers will soon be seeing Super RyZen 8 Core 16 Thread games, supremely improved graphics, and all of the following:

(credit - u/kuroinferuno on reddit)

General Info:

The official name is PlayStation 5.

Releasing Holidays 2020.

Ray tracing support is hardware-based.

New SSD will help boot times, loading times and streaming.

The controller now has adaptive triggers, haptic feedback, new speakers, USB Type-C.

Physical games for the console will use 100 GB optical disks.

Optical drive also acts as a 4k Blu-ray player.

Additional Info

The dev kits (which were leaked) are actually real and developers have access to them.

A new modular approach to storing data. Finer grain access to data, as opposed to big blocks. Ex: Users might have the ability to install only Multiplayer components of the game.

Completely revamped UI.

The new controller will have a larger battery capacity and will be a bit heavier than Dualshock 4.

Haptic feedback for PS4 Pro's Dual Shock 4 could have been implemented, but was decided against.

Bluepoint studios (folks behind the Shadow of the Colossus remaster) are working on a "big" PS5 title.

The GPU has been used to power Machine learning.
======================================

XBox Series X confirmed pecs:

CPU Zen2 8c16t - wow.
GPU: RTX 2080 equivalent - double wow.

Edit: added confirmed details.
Last edited by RAGEdemon on Wed Feb 26, 2020 10:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
Windows 11 64-Bit | 12900K @ 5.3GHz | 2080 Ti OC | 32GB 3900MHz CL16 RAM | Optane PCIe SSD RAID-0 | Sound Blaster ZxR | 2x 2000W ButtKicker LFE | nVidia 3D Vision | 3D Projector @ DSR 1600p | HP Reverb G2
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Re: PlayStation 5 Incoming...

Post by 3DNovice »

I recently played The Order 1886 on the PS4, it received bad reviews since it was more of an interactive movie than a game.

For a game released in Feb 2015, the graphics were amazing, Along with the setting in London, the steampunk theme, plus Lycans and Vampires, I thoroughly enjoyed it. For what it is.

3D would be icing on the cake, it's too bad it never released on the PC.

While I'm looking forward to new and better games, I'll sorely miss 3D in the ones that have no way to play it stereoscopically.

At least Sony is still pushing their VR heavily and will be releasing a newer headset.
whyme466
Certif-Eyed!

Post by whyme466 »

It sounds like XBox Scarlett (another 2020 next gen console) may actually include VR support this time. In addition to full 4K support, XBox One was supposed to include VR capabilities, but VR was dropped shortly before console release. For example, a discussion about a VR floormat - see https://www.roadtovr.com/microsoft-virt ... r-headset/.
Dual boot VR/3D Vision disk partitioning (multiple SSDs). 3D Vision - Windows 10 v1809, 425.31 driver, 32 GB, i9-9900X@4.5 GHz, hybrid-cooled 2080Ti, 4K LG E6 OLED TV with EDID. VR/geo-11 - 3080Ti with Vive Pro 2, also have Aero, wireless lens-modified Vive Pro, Index, Reverb G2, Pimax 8K.
Necropants
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Necropants »

Unless it has full backwards compatibility with ps4 and 3 I have absolutely no reason to get one other than maybe 4 years down the lines when it actually has some games.
Interesting to see how this next gen will impact PC gaming. I assume since they are pushing ray tracing and god forbid 8k I assume don't be expecting 60fps on console any time soon.
whyme466
Certif-Eyed!

Post by whyme466 »

PSVR (with PS4 Pro) offers some unique game titles that really should be experienced - like Farpoint, RE7 (still one of the most intense VR experiences available), Blood and Truth, and Astrobot. A second gen PSVR (potentially wireless) will be releasing sometime after PS5 releases. Sony does a good job with a lot of their exclusive games like Horizon Zero Dawn.
Dual boot VR/3D Vision disk partitioning (multiple SSDs). 3D Vision - Windows 10 v1809, 425.31 driver, 32 GB, i9-9900X@4.5 GHz, hybrid-cooled 2080Ti, 4K LG E6 OLED TV with EDID. VR/geo-11 - 3080Ti with Vive Pro 2, also have Aero, wireless lens-modified Vive Pro, Index, Reverb G2, Pimax 8K.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Ghost Giant looks very interesting for the PSVR.

It's made by Zoink games, the Devs behind Stick it to the Man.

Astro Bot Rescue Mission is also on my PSVR wish list, due to the very positive reviews.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Interesting, I assumed that Borderlands 2 VR would be a PSVR exclusive, like the first.

It will be on Steam next week

https://store.steampowered.com/app/9912 ... ands_2_VR/
P.C.Zen
Cross Eyed!

Post by P.C.Zen »

I'd be interested in hearing about backwards compatibility also.

I buy all of my gaming stuff retrospectively and if I could skip over the current hardware and run this generation's games on the next generation tech that would be absolutely fantastic.

Unfortunately, if I had to put money on it, I wouldn't bet on backwards compatibility.
RAGEdemon
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by RAGEdemon »

Confirmed XBox specs:

CPU: 8c16t Zen2
GPU: RTX 2080 equivalent...

Holy Smokes Batman; we're in for quite a ride!

A cynical viewpoint is that this means that next year, we'll all likely be playing some next gen amazing looking games, but at ~30fps in 2D . 3DV fps ought to be ~15fps, even with RTX 2080 and a 8c16t CPUs. I hope it will be better...

https://youtu.be/qTYuYvD_TU0

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/02/24/ ... on-gaming/

Extrapolating, I guess this means that if you're looking to upgrade or build a new system, then getting less than a 8c16t CPU or a RTX 2080 equivalent is crazy - and even this will quickly become a low end system for PC gaming over the next few years :o

Let's hope the 3DV CPU core bug doesn't affect performance too significantly...

Edit: links
Last edited by RAGEdemon on Wed Mar 04, 2020 2:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
Windows 11 64-Bit | 12900K @ 5.3GHz | 2080 Ti OC | 32GB 3900MHz CL16 RAM | Optane PCIe SSD RAID-0 | Sound Blaster ZxR | 2x 2000W ButtKicker LFE | nVidia 3D Vision | 3D Projector @ DSR 1600p | HP Reverb G2
masterotaku
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by masterotaku »

RAGEdemon wrote: Let's hope the 3DV CPU core bug doesn't effect performance too significantly...
Let's hope console game devs target 60fps, because if they make 30fps games with that CPU that is close to desktop Ryzen PCs... we'll be screwed. PC gamers in general, because there won't be much headroom to brute force higher fps.
30 to 60? Maybe. 60fps in 3D on the other hand...

However, Shadow of the Tomb Raider showed that DX12 can be very efficient for the CPU in 3D compared to DX11.
Shift-E
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Re: PlayStation 5 / XBox Series X Incoming...

Post by Shift-E »

While I do look forward to the jump in GPU/CPU power of these consoles improving our PC ports, I do worry about the push they both will be making in regards to ray tracing. I realize ray tracing is the future, but it is not so good for us in the 3D community...as PC games with ray tracing require DX12. Its only a matter of time before more titles stop including an option for DX11, and include only DX12 (or vulcan etc). We have already seen big titles like Red Dead and COD do this. I hate to sound like a pessimist (can't help it), but I shudder at the thought of going back to 2D gaming...so I worry about such things. Hopefully its a slow transition and DX11 is still included in the vast majority of games for this next generation..

All I know is my console days are over.
skyrimer
Certif-Eyed!

Post by skyrimer »

I fear that too, but with my current backlog, VR and 3d emulated consoles like Wii, PS2, etc I think I will be playing in 3D for quite a few years even if DX12/Vulcan gets a rapid adoption, something I'm not so sure of, it's very early days for raytracing tech.
ASUS PG278QR Monitor
Windows 10 1809
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @3.60ghz
Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4 3200 PC4-25600 16GB 2x8GB CL16
MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX
Corsair RM650 650W 80 Plus Gold
SSD M.2 2280 500GB
Gigabyte 2080 ti gaming oc
VR: Pimax 8k & Index controllers
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

For Dino Crisis fans

According to a listing on Hong Kong's PlayStation Store, classic Capcom title Dino Crisis could eventually launch on PS Plus Premium.
https://screenrant.com/dino-crisis-ps-p ... tore-leak/

There was a Dino Crisis 2 fan remake using Unreal 4 in the works, but the demo has been taken down from itchio.

An Unreal 5 version teaser showed up on youtube
https://screenrant.com/dino-crisis-unre ... -5-remake/

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”