Kermitou
One Eyed Hopeful

Uncharted on PC...dream could come True 🤩

Post by Kermitou »

3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Re: Uncharted on PC...dream could come True 🤩

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Sat Apr 06, 2024 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
skyrimer
Certif-Eyed!

Post by skyrimer »

Don't want to get my hopes up, but yeah it would be amazing to play them again in 3d.
ASUS PG278QR Monitor
Windows 10 1809
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @3.60ghz
Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4 3200 PC4-25600 16GB 2x8GB CL16
MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX
Corsair RM650 650W 80 Plus Gold
SSD M.2 2280 500GB
Gigabyte 2080 ti gaming oc
VR: Pimax 8k & Index controllers
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

Official confirmation. Fingers crossed for DX11 XD

https://blog.playstation.com/2021/09/09 ... s5-and-pc/
Ryzen 5 5600X, RTX2080Ti, 16GB ram, Windows 20H2, nVidia 452.06, SSD, Dell S2716DG.
Tullebob
Cross Eyed!

Post by Tullebob »

These games would be PERFECT for 3dv. Fingers crossed !!!
3D Vision rig -> 8700k oc 4.9, asus rog 2080ti, 16 GB DDR4 3200 Mhz ram, Win 7 running driver 425.31 on SSD1, Win 10 running driver 452.06 on SSD2, Win 10 running latest Nvidia driver for Vulkan3dV and 2D gaming on SSD3, for 3d vision display: 1080p on VG248QE (and sometimes 1440p on PG278PR), Valve Index or Optoma UHD42 projector
Shift-E
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Shift-E »

just to be clear, they announced Uncharted 4: A Thief's End and Uncharted: The Lost Legacy is the bundle. The original post was based on an internet forum rumor that most believed was fake.

That being said, I already played the others and only liked UC2, so this is perfect for me...as I've never played these latest ones. I will keep my fingers crossed for DX11, I enjoyed Days Gone way more than I expected (and I'm sure the amazing 3D fix had a lot to do with it :lol: )
BazzaLB

Post by BazzaLB »

Ironically enough, it was the original "Uncharted" on PS3 that introduced me to 3D gaming. The game actually supported 3D on 3DTVs (probably trying to promote Sony 3DTV uptake). Having checked it out this got me wondering if there was any 3D gaming available on the PC (which was my primary gaming platform - Have played games on computers since the very early 80s). Did some searching and came across Nvidia 3DVision and have been 3D gaming ever since. :)
helifax
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by helifax »

BazzaLB wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:11 pm Ironically enough, it was the original "Uncharted" on PS3 that introduced me to 3D gaming. The game actually supported 3D on 3DTVs (probably trying to promote Sony 3DTV uptake). Having checked it out this got me wondering if there was any 3D gaming available on the PC (which was my primary gaming platform - Have played games on computers since the very early 80s). Did some searching and came across Nvidia 3DVision and have been 3D gaming ever since. :)
:oops:
http://3dsurroundgaming.com:
- Home of Vk3DVision & OGL3DVision - Play your favourite Vulkan & OpenGL games in Stereoscopic 3D using Nvidia 3DVision or Virtual Reality ;)
- Home of some of my UHD "Surround/Eyefinity"/21:9/32:9 Fixes. (Or you can always check http://pcgamingwiki.com/)

Want to contribute to the development of Vk3DVision? You can check my Patreon Page for the project: https://www.patreon.com/Vk3DVision.
If you "still" like my project but don't want to contribute monthly you can always send me a PayPal: tavyhomeppal@hotmail.com.

You can always follow me on Twitter: @OctavianVasilov
BazzaLB

Post by BazzaLB »

helifax wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:14 pm
BazzaLB wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:11 pm Ironically enough, it was the original "Uncharted" on PS3 that introduced me to 3D gaming. The game actually supported 3D on 3DTVs (probably trying to promote Sony 3DTV uptake). Having checked it out this got me wondering if there was any 3D gaming available on the PC (which was my primary gaming platform - Have played games on computers since the very early 80s). Did some searching and came across Nvidia 3DVision and have been 3D gaming ever since. :)
:oops:
well, that was 14 years ago.. and one has to start somewhere right :D
thebigdogma
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by thebigdogma »

Not meaning to be a stickler for detail :D , but...

Uncharted 3 was the only Uncharted game to offer Stereo 3D - a feature they dropped when including the game in the PS4 Uncharted Collection.

Side note: U3 really took a frame rate hit when played in S3D - to the point where it became almost unplayable in places.

Also, I wouldn't get our hopes too high for the PC versions of U4 and Lost Legacy working in S3D with the current conditions. Days Gone was built in Unreal Engine 4 and supported DX11, so the stars aligned.

The Uncharted series makes use of Naughty Dog's own in-house engine - an engine and resources that are shared/available to all of the Sony Worldwide Studios - an engine I believe that Horizon used in some fashion.

If I'm betting, I would put my money on the games being DX12. I hope I am wrong, but...
BazzaLB

Post by BazzaLB »

thebigdogma wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:49 pm Not meaning to be a stickler for detail :D , but...

Uncharted 3 was the only Uncharted game to offer Stereo 3D - a feature they dropped when including the game in the PS4 Uncharted Collection.
Don't let facts get in the way of a good story I always say :D

I think I had a GTX 680 at the time, so timing seems right.. so make that 10 years ago then ;) (although it seems like a lot longer than that tbh).

Either way, I wish it was the entire series because I would play the whole lot all over again for sure.
helifax
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by helifax »

thebigdogma wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:49 pm Not meaning to be a stickler for detail :D , but...

Side note: U3 really took a frame rate hit when played in S3D - to the point where it became almost unplayable in places.

Also, I wouldn't get our hopes too high for the PC versions of U4 and Lost Legacy working in S3D with the current conditions. Days Gone was built in Unreal Engine 4 and supported DX11, so the stars aligned.

The Uncharted series makes use of Naughty Dog's own in-house engine - an engine and resources that are shared/available to all of the Sony Worldwide Studios - an engine I believe that Horizon used in some fashion.

If I'm betting, I would put my money on the games being DX12. I hope I am wrong, but...
Horizon Zero Dawn and Death Stranding use the Decima Engine. I am sure that Naughty Dog uses a different engine. If it is Unreal Engine 4 it will be DirectX 11 (90% sure)!
http://3dsurroundgaming.com:
- Home of Vk3DVision & OGL3DVision - Play your favourite Vulkan & OpenGL games in Stereoscopic 3D using Nvidia 3DVision or Virtual Reality ;)
- Home of some of my UHD "Surround/Eyefinity"/21:9/32:9 Fixes. (Or you can always check http://pcgamingwiki.com/)

Want to contribute to the development of Vk3DVision? You can check my Patreon Page for the project: https://www.patreon.com/Vk3DVision.
If you "still" like my project but don't want to contribute monthly you can always send me a PayPal: tavyhomeppal@hotmail.com.

You can always follow me on Twitter: @OctavianVasilov
thebigdogma
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by thebigdogma »

helifax wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 3:06 pm

Horizon Zero Dawn and Death Stranding use the Decima Engine. I am sure that Naughty Dog uses a different engine. If it is Unreal Engine 4 it will be DirectX 11 (90% sure)!
Forgot about Decima... I know ND has been evolving their in-house engine dating back to the Crash Bandicoot era and Andy Gavin's initial work and sharing assets with the other Sony studios - not sure if any of that work has made it into Guerilla's games.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Last edited by 3DNovice on Sat Apr 06, 2024 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

Yeah, at least it still shows 2022. But all I wanna know is dx version and then I can wait xD
Ryzen 5 5600X, RTX2080Ti, 16GB ram, Windows 20H2, nVidia 452.06, SSD, Dell S2716DG.
3DNovice
Petrif-Eyed

Post by 3DNovice »

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”