Yes to Tridef 2021

Grant S
Cross Eyed!

Yes to Tridef 2021

Post by Grant S »

I've waited to post this since I've read reports of people trying to use both NV3D and Tridef in Windows 10 recently. I've searched the web since I built this PC a few years back, for a solution to not being able to authorize my Tridef license. As many have.
I knew at the time I purchased Tridef, their lifetime license actually meant their short lifetime. I knew this because IZ3D went long before them with the same, probably flawed business model.

I got it working last Monday and have been going back and forth to Tridef 3D and NV3D since with no issues on 10. I was using both on 10 since I built my PC, but was using the Tridef OEM driver for my HP monitor.

The 4.7 with the media center crack that was posted on redit, failed me every time. Also every place I tried to download it from, windows defender found some files in there it didn't like.

Very simple the way I got it to work. Not sure every step was necessary, but this is how I did it.

I simply installed the retail 4.7, then copied and replaced all files, the entire contents of this zip file to the installation directory which default is (program files x86 Tridef) https://www.dropbox.com/s/krceqo7u6lei4 ... s.zip?dl=0

Once I restarted, I had to copy over one more time, just the ignition driver. The ignition driver has worked ever since and it has been a week. The media center still shows the trial dialogue though.

I checked game compatibility compared to my Win 7 machine with an active license and pretty much if it works in Win 7, it's working in 10. Except the original Crisis It's working in Win 7 but not 10.

I don't have a lot of standard 2D games installed on the Win 10 machine yet because it's mostly for VR and music production. Running out of storage space with 5TB's.

Games that are working well: Star Wars the force unleashed, Lego Star Wars saga, oblivion, vampire the masquerade.

A few games that were working and not anymore are EA's Battlefront 1 and 2. They were working about 8 months ago in Tridef but now even crash on my licensed PC. If I remember correctly Origin had to patch Battlefront when it was first released to stop it from doing that.
PPorquer3D
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Yes to Tridef 2021

Post by PPorquer3D »

@ Grant S

unfortunately i was never able to try tridef that much , project 64 never seemed to work with it. i will download the files & try to do some experimenting on this old machine.
Grant S
Cross Eyed!

Post by Grant S »

Good luck, I'm not sure why project 64 had issues with Tridef. If it's open gl, I don't recall Tridef ever supporting OGL. If it runs on DX8, you may be able to use DGvoodoo to emulate DX9. https://github.com/dege-diosg/dgVoodoo2/releases

This worked for me on my OEM Tridef installation with my HP 2300gt, but I haven't got it working on my LGTV yet or the retail version of Tridef with any other output format.
Grant S
Cross Eyed!

Post by Grant S »

Sorry double post again
Joker18
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Joker18 »

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding your method of instalation but What you should do if you have an OEM supported display is to install that version and then install the latest 7.4 official on top. At least this is how it works with LG display.
And everything will work without any headaches.
3D Gamer using Avegant Glyph & LG 65E6V
No hidden talents.
Grant S
Cross Eyed!

Post by Grant S »

Thanks, but yes you misunderstood, my OEM monitor is an HP. Only issue with that is too small for old eyes. My LG TV is not supported by their OEM driver. I have a license on my Win 7 machine but wasn't having any luck with the cracked 4.7 that was posted on redit, and other places that instructed you to drag the media player exe over. All sorted and been working in Win 10 for about a month now. Thanks again
marcus locos
Cross Eyed!

Post by marcus locos »

Hello, I hope I can ask my question here. I'm from Germany so I have to have my text translated. I hope you understand me :)

I started the game "Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons" with Tridef 7.4. I wanted to test it with the profile "(Elweed)".

But when I start the game it always shows this profile = (Nvidia 3D) (DX9).

How can I start the game with "Elweed"?
I last played the game in April 2020 and it was amazing in 3D.

I hope someone can help me to finally work.

Many Thanks.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3b3st2d03p3ktmo/nv3d.PNG?dl=0
Grant S
Cross Eyed!

Post by Grant S »

Marcus, I think you may need to disable the Nvidia 3D driver and restart your PC before it will launch with DDD. I noticed on a few games, I was playing with Tridef, that if I was playing another game with NV3D, then try to launch a Tridef 3D game, Tridef would fail to launch until I disabled NV3D and restarted.

If your game is showing (Nvidia 3D) (DX9) seems that the NV3D driver is enabled and preventing Tridef from launching. Hope that helps.
marcus locos
Cross Eyed!

Post by marcus locos »

Hi, thank you for your answer and your help. I uninstalled the 3D Fix Manager a few days ago. This graphics driver should be installed for 3DTV Play to work: 452.06

So I thought that the old graphics driver was causing these problems. Now I have 461.92 installed. But I still have the problem. When I start Brotthers it automatically takes this profile = Nvidia 3D DX9.

I always deactivated the Nvidia 3D driver anyway. Tridef3D or Reshade3D will of course not work if the 3D driver is activated. Now with the latest graphics driver, the 3D driver is gone too:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xdhoj7po6dvz5yi/3d.PNG?dl=0

If I start Brothers and then quit my system no longer reacts and I have to restart every time.

Maybe you have another solution for me?
marcus locos
Cross Eyed!

Post by marcus locos »

I have another problem. When I start Hellblade Senua's Sacrifice I get this error message:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ubfm8u0rpckgw ... e.PNG?dl=0

And when I start INSIDE I get this error message:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pjcdzq7ztq53p ... e.PNG?dl=0

I played Hellblade Senua's Sacrifice with Tridef about 2 years ago and it was a dream in 3D. It even worked in 4K.
It even ran smoothly with my old GTX1080 without any problems. Now I have an RTX2070S.
Grant S
Cross Eyed!

Post by Grant S »

Not sure what's going on there so I'll tell you my details. Windows version is still 1909, I do have NV fix manager installed and it has me on NV driver version 425.31, I'm using a 1080Ti.

I don't have any of the games you're having issues with so I only have a few things to offer as food for thought.
Brothers, so even after you uninstalled the fix manager, you get a dialogue saying "Nvidia 3D DX9" ? Possibly the NV fix manager installed a fix that has changed some game system file that needs to be uninstalled/deleted?
I think you could rule that out by reinstalling fix manager and uninstalling from there, or reinstalling the game.

Hellblade.. The error shows up as UE4 error. Are you sure you were using Tridef for that one? UE4 sounds like an opengl game, I had Tridef from the launch, I don't recall any opengl support from them. IZ3D did for a short time.
Possibly a way to change it from open gl to directX in that game settings?
marcus locos
Cross Eyed!

Post by marcus locos »

I already have version 20H2 on it.

With RTX20 ... 452.06 is the last driver that is recommended.

Exactly, I get the Nvidia 3D DX9 profile even after uninstalling the 3DFix Manager.

I will test what you suggested to me. Reinstalling the game or uninstalling the fix using the 3DFix Manager is worth a try. Thank you.

What does this UE4 error mean? I start the game with Tridef3D and then this error shows up.

The other thing I didn't quite understand how you meant it with opengl and directX. Can you please explain that again in more detail? Maybe in German or Polish? :D
marcus locos
Cross Eyed!

Post by marcus locos »

I have now found something interesting. I had all of the Tridef profiles in a folder under Documents.

I've now copied them all over to ProgramData / DDD / TriDefGames

I deleted all profiles except the one with Elweed.

At the beginning there was still a profile with DDD.
When I started the game for the first time, the game was running with the DDD profile.
Here is the picture:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jo9wisyo4567r ... s.PNG?dl=0

Then all deleted and the game starts again with Nvidia3D DX9.

When I started the folder with the profiles was open. Shortly after the start, the profile with Nvidia3D DX9 was back. It reappears automatically even though I deleted it. How is that possible?

Made a video of it:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dvjcqdu6asv5h ... 8.mp4?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4xqkivdutdqrh ... 2.PNG?dl=0

And here is the video for "Hellblade Senua's Sacrifice":
https://www.dropbox.com/s/suirsrr723hgq ... 1.mp4?dl=0
Grant S
Cross Eyed!

Post by Grant S »

Sorry to say English is my only language, if you asked a real Brit, they would probably say I don't even do such a good job speaking it. Not sure what's going on with your installation and profile weirdness. I looked in my profiles and I only have one entry for brothers, I don't have the (Elweed) or (Nvidia 3D) profile. If the Brothers (Elweed) profile is not something you recognize as something you installed, you may want to try deleting both. Here is my Program data DDD folder. If all else fails, you may want to delete your entire ProgramData DDD folder and replace it with this. https://www.dropbox.com/s/3nky6aesc6d22 ... s.zip?dl=0

As far as what I mean about the UE4 error I was talking about. Unreal engine 4 is an open gl API. Tridef has never supported any open gl game that I remember. Only ever possible to play in 3D with Nvidia and IZ3D for a short time. A few games have the option to choose between open gl or direct X. If you have that option in your game settings, change it to direct x. Otherwise I don't see how it was ever possible for you to have played it with Tridef.
marcus locos
Cross Eyed!

Post by marcus locos »

Grant S wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:30 am Sorry to say English is my only language, if you asked a real Brit, they would probably say I don't even do such a good job speaking it.
No problem. Just a little fun :)
Grant S wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:30 am Not sure what's going on with your installation and profile weirdness. I looked in my profiles and I only have one entry for brothers, I don't have the (Elweed) or (Nvidia 3D) profile. If the Brothers (Elweed) profile is not something you recognize as something you installed, you may want to try deleting both.
You have 821 game profiles in your DDD folder. But there are over 1,500 of them. That's why some of you are missing. I also tried to delete or move the profiles. But you can see in the video that this profile "Nvidia3D DX9" is automatically restored.
Grant S wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:30 am Here is my Program data DDD folder. If all else fails, you may want to delete your entire ProgramData DDD folder and replace it with this. https://www.dropbox.com/s/3nky6aesc6d22 ... s.zip?dl=0
Thanks, I tried that but it didn't work. I replaced my folder where there are over 1500 game profiles.
Grant S wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:30 am As far as what I mean about the UE4 error I was talking about. Unreal engine 4 is an open gl API. Tridef has never supported any open gl game that I remember. Only ever possible to play in 3D with Nvidia and IZ3D for a short time.
As I said, I played that with Tridef about 2 years ago. With Nvidia I set the DSR factor to 4.00x then I could set the resolution 3840 x 2160p in the game. The game looked so amazing in 3D.
I play this over a 3D projector on a 120" screen.

I then suggested the game to my brother and he played it the same way in Tridef. I think he used an older graphics card at the time, a GTX980Ti. And the game runs smoothly with it.
Grant S wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 7:30 am A few games have the option to choose between open gl or direct X. If you have that option in your game settings, change it to direct x. Otherwise I don't see how it was ever possible for you to have played it with Tridef.
I did not quite understand. Where can this be set with opengl and directX? You mean in the game settings? So in the game menu?

It doesn't matter either. I know it worked. All you need is the right profile for the game. I don't think you have all Tridef profiles. The best thing that works with Hellblade is:
Hellblade-Senuas-Sacrifice-Azouls

I found something else interesting in a German VR forum:
https://www.computerbase.de/forum/threa ... t-25492495
At the bottom is a picture with the same error message that I get with Hellblade:
The UE4-WrathGame Game has crashed and will ...
Fatal error
marcus locos
Cross Eyed!

Post by marcus locos »

I have now done the test again on my 3D monitor:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nf0zprf6f8u9m ... 4.mp4?dl=0

Sometimes an entry appears with this name:
Brothers (Nvidia 3D)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/uh90wkr643biq ... x.PNG?dl=0

Does anyone else have an idea for a solution?

Greeting,
marcus locos
Grant S
Cross Eyed!

Post by Grant S »

I found this about Hellblade https://www.overclock3d.net/news/softwa ... settings/1 . They used DX11 for the PC port so yeah it should work. I noticed they added native VR support so I may grab that one up to try it out. I'll see if I can get it running in 3D with Tridef too and report back if I do.
marcus locos
Cross Eyed!

Post by marcus locos »

Grant S wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 1:59 pmI noticed they added native VR support so I may grab that one up to try it out. I'll see if I can get it running in 3D with Tridef too and report back if I do.
I've had the VR version for a long time. But not yet tested.
At first I didn't know how to start the game.
You have to start that with an Xbox controller. I've always tried this with my G2 controller.

Would be cool if you tested it with Tridef.
The game in 4K and 3D is one of the best I've seen.
I hope it works for you.

Good luck and I hope that I will find a solution soon.
I would like to play this again.
marcus locos
Cross Eyed!

Post by marcus locos »

I just tested it with Alien Isolation and I can choose any profile and it will be adopted. Everything works fine with the game.

For example, when I start Alan Wake, the game doesn't start side-by-side. It always starts in 2D.

No idea why these problems are there.
I'm going to install Windows 7 now. I don't think there were ever any problems with Tridef.
marcus locos
Cross Eyed!

Post by marcus locos »

Hi,

I've found a solution to my problem. The game "Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons" has 3 profiles:

Elweed
DDD
Nvidia 3D

The "DDD" profile worked. If I selected Elweed then the game started with the profile "Nvidia 3D".

Now the solution:
You have to activate the write protection for the profile "Nvidia 3D".

Then the profile is blocked and the game starts with the selected profile "Elweed"

Have fun ;-)
marcus locos
Cross Eyed!

Post by marcus locos »

A short note from me:

It didn't work on Windows 7. But after reinstalling Windows 10 Tridef works and doesn't cause any problems.

For example, if I start and exit Hellblade, Steam no longer works properly. It will look like that:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/nilddo4x70bhm ... m.PNG?dl=0

I have to restart it then but that's not a big problem.
Grant S
Cross Eyed!

Post by Grant S »

Glad you have it sorted Marcus, yes that is the same results I'm getting from Steam now. I'm wondering if it is working for you now because you are now at a lower Win 10 version than 20H2 or are you at 20H2 with your new install?

I picked up the VR version of Hellblade but haven't tried it yet. Unfortunately, I would have to have the full 2D version to try with Tridef.

As far as the Tridef game profiles, I'm pretty sure there are only 820 in the original Tridef install, the rest are user made profiles. I have those backed up in another location and use them on a per game basis depending on the results of their default,
I had one game a while back that one of those user profiles had me reinstalling Tridef to recover the original profile.

One thing I'm noticing about Tridef now is that "power 3D" I think their version of compatibility mode. Works so much better now. When I tried it in the past, it was always a mess when I was using SBS on my projector or interlaced on my OEM supported HP monitor. Now on Win 10 power 3D gives me better results on quite a few games on my 62" passive TV. Are you seeing better results with power 3D than in the past too?

I'm also keeping my Win 7 machine up and running so I can use IZ3D, Tridef and NV3D running after Win 10 updates kill 3D support entirely.
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

Hi Guys! I have win10 and Nvidia 1060
should Tridef work at all? What are the workarounds?
thanks in advance!
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!
Grant S
Cross Eyed!

Post by Grant S »

Still going strong in Windows 10 1909 here with what I posted in the first post. Only exceptions of games that use to work but no longer do is some Origin games. Battlefront, Battlefront 2.... Those games also stopped working on my win 7 and tridef licenced machine. I think the cheat software is crashing it as it did when Tridef first started.
marcus locos
Cross Eyed!

Post by marcus locos »

Grant S wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:18 am Glad you have it sorted Marcus, yes that is the same results I'm getting from Steam now. I'm wondering if it is working for you now because you are now at a lower Win 10 version than 20H2 or are you at 20H2 with your new install?

I picked up the VR version of Hellblade but haven't tried it yet. Unfortunately, I would have to have the full 2D version to try with Tridef.

As far as the Tridef game profiles, I'm pretty sure there are only 820 in the original Tridef install, the rest are user made profiles. I have those backed up in another location and use them on a per game basis depending on the results of their default,
I had one game a while back that one of those user profiles had me reinstalling Tridef to recover the original profile.

One thing I'm noticing about Tridef now is that "power 3D" I think their version of compatibility mode. Works so much better now. When I tried it in the past, it was always a mess when I was using SBS on my projector or interlaced on my OEM supported HP monitor. Now on Win 10 power 3D gives me better results on quite a few games on my 62" passive TV. Are you seeing better results with power 3D than in the past too?

I'm also keeping my Win 7 machine up and running so I can use IZ3D, Tridef and NV3D running after Win 10 updates kill 3D support entirely.
Hi Grant S.,

unfortunately I read your message only yesterday. After I solved my problems I didn't follow the forum anymore.
Funnily enough, yesterday I tried to start Battlefront 1 in Tridef which didn't work. I still had a trial version of it.
When I searched for the error I came across this page otherwise I might never get your message :D.

I have installed Tridef 3D on 3 systems:
Gamer PC with Windows 10 Pro
Gamer PC with Windows 7
and Mini PC with Windows 10 Pro

On Windows 10 all updates and drivers are up to date.
There is version 21H1 installed.

Only on my Mini PC I have installed the Nvidia graphics driver 452.06 to continue using 3DTV Play.
On my Gamer PC I want to have everything up to date because there is also a VR glasses (G2) connected.

Tridef game profiles I have almost 1550, you are probably right. 820 of them are original but the custom profiles are really better. Have you tested Hellblade with the Azouls profile?

At my brother's house we were able to set DSR to 3840 x 2160p. We played it with a Benq FullHD projector on 100inch. The game looked fantastic.

I didn't quite understand about Power3D. I use a Benq 4K projector. Does it work with that? How can I set it up to test it?

Thanks a lot and see you soon my friend :)
Last edited by marcus locos on Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Grant S
Cross Eyed!

Post by Grant S »

Hi again Marcus. I can understand wanting to be up to date for your G2 on your main PC. We sure have a lot in common, I picked up a G2 a few months ago and using it with the Valve index controllers. So far not being up to date hasn't hindered G2 functionality but will probably have to make a choice at some point to duel boot to stay up to date for it.

For what it's worth, EA's Battlefront 1 & 2 still work wonderfully with the Nvidia 3D driver. If I remember correctly they crashed with Tridef at first release but was patched by origin to work, and worked for several years until recently. I think it is something on Origin's end that is detecting it as a cheat.

Power 3D was Tridef's compatibility mode. I never had much use for it on my 3D projector. The luck I'm having with it now, I'm thinking is because I'm using it with my passive interlaced TV. I'm thinking it just better in passive interlaced.

I don't have the standard Hellblade but I may try it some day when I get about 6 TB of backlog games played through.
marcus locos
Cross Eyed!

Post by marcus locos »

Hi I need your help. I started the game "Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons" with Tridef and there were no problems on Windows 10 and Windows 7.

Now I wanted to test Alien Isolation. There are no problems on Windows 7 but it won't start on Windows 10.

I'm not sure but I think there are no problems with Tridef. The problem must lie elsewhere. Can someone help me? Thanks very much.
Last edited by marcus locos on Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
marcus locos
Cross Eyed!

Post by marcus locos »

I've now managed to start Steam games in side-by-side.

But I have a lot of games in my Epic Game Launcher.
I also tested Alien Isolation with it and the game starts in SBS but the game crashes in the menu and I'm back on the desktop.

Does anyone know how to launch games from the epic store with tridef?

Return to “DDD Tridef Ignition Driver Forums”