Neils 3D Adventure (freeware =works perfectly, screensh

yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Neils 3D Adventure (freeware =works perfectly, screensh

Post by yuriythebest »

original iz3d forums thread here:
http://forum.iz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=2339" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Works on : iz3d, nvidia 3d vision, DDD
finally, iz3d is not only used to display the game- it is PART of the game

EDIT:
Updated to 1.01 - this version is in GLORIOUS full screen and also fixes several issues including the problem with the wall on level2
http://www.zshare.net/download/718691021c368775/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Updated to 1.02- added DDD logo in menu since it's supported and also the MTBS3d logo
http://www.zshare.net/download/71872104b11bcf29/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Updated to 1.021 - monoscoper targeting AI improved
http://www.zshare.net/download/71878232e7595e7c/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Updated to 1.023 - fixed respawn bug
http://www.zshare.net/download/719129359c01f990/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by yuriythebest on Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Oculus Rift / 3d Sucks - 2D FTW!!!
cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Neils 3D Adventure (freeware =works perfectly, screensh

Post by cybereality »

LOL! I don't even know what to say!
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

Rolled on floor laughing etc etc... :D :D :D :D
Yeah! At least stereocompability is one of the best i've seen (par to avatar actually)! There are no anomalies in this games using the iz3d drivers. Excellent work Yuriy. Hope all other gamedevelopers catches on!
Who's model for the main actor btw? He looks very familiar! ;)
Last edited by Likay on Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mb: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
Cpu: C2D E6600
Gb: Nvidia 7900GT + 8800GTX
3D:100" passive projector polarized setup + 22" IZ3D
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

Likay wrote: Who's model for the main actor btw? He looks very familiar! ;)
the character himself is completely fictional- I've come up with a concept of this brave, canadian-ish person who is also a 3d advocate, and used the texture map derived from Neil Scheiders head in the model, so if you notice any coincidence it's just your imagination :mrgreen:
I've tried to simulate canada as accurately as possible but since most of my reference is south park I hope I didn't make too many mistakes - I am aware that there is not as much free-flowing lava in the "real" canda but honestly those are details

Updated to 1.023 - fixed respawn bug
http://www.zshare.net/download/719129359c01f990/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

EDIT: btw canada is awesome love their healthcare when will the americans learn.
Neil

Post by Neil »

My God, man! Is that how you think I live?!?

http://www.travel-images.com/canada.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :woot :woot :woot

Regards,
Neil
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

Neil wrote:My God, man! Is that how you think I live?!?

http://www.travel-images.com/canada.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :woot :woot :woot

Regards,
Neil
just a joke lol I know canada is a very beautiful modern country
Neil

Post by Neil »

Yes! Our igloos have electricity now, and the oxen have been replaced by horses. :mrgreen:

Regards,
Neil
Killigath
Cross Eyed!

Post by Killigath »

Nice work Yuri :shutter

I can't wait to get home and try it on my IZ3D.
I have one issue with the game. Running Dual screens. If i have to move to the right alot eventually my mouse goes to screen 2. Anytime you click in screen 2 it acts like you pressed ESC. Can you map the use key to a second key other than left click? Perhaps "R"?
Welder
Certif-Eyed!

Post by Welder »

Killigath: You can try enabling Mouselock for that game to see if it solves the issue.
dreamingawake
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by dreamingawake »

Good job Yuri ! Except.. I can't figure out what to do after I get the key from the little house ... haha

Where do you go ? lol
Neil

Post by Neil »

There is a gate door between two parallel fences.

Regards,
Neil
DmitryKo
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by DmitryKo »

Cool, reminds me of a free Christmas theme game which was distributed with the Russian version of PC Magazine back in DOS days.

I understand that the game state is not restored when player respawns - if you die in the lava near the beginning, there would be no gate key and the gate will be already open (even though "the gate is locked" still shows), the crates will still lie in the lava etc. But this has some side effects - if for example you fail to convert a monoscoper with the Nvidia kit on the Level 2, he beats you to death and you respawn, and there is no Nvidia kit anymore (more than that, the respawn point is placed where you couldn't access the kit anyway), so you're trapped because even if you die you cannot get to the beginning of the level and have to restart from the beginning of the game.

So, I suggest that the game level should be reloaded at the respawn point. A simple console-like save game system would also be cool, so you can at least choose to Continue the game from the last known checkpoint, not start a New game; the checkpoints should be indicated with an in-game message.

Some minor suggestions.

A "weapons select" which would let you choose between anaglyph glasses or Nvidia kit would be helpful as well; something like glasses icon with "1" and Nvidia kit with "2", or an inventory select with "[" and "]".

In-game ESC should not cancel the game abruptly, it should bring you the game menu with the choice to continue the game or cancel and return to the main menu.

Narrations should not overlap - if one narration is not done, you shouldn't start another. Subtitles to go along with the narration would be cool as well.

Monoscopers currently ignore lava and blow themselves more than often - not sure I want it to be fixed :)
Last edited by DmitryKo on Tue Feb 02, 2010 3:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

- if for example you fail to convert a monoscoper with the Nvidia kit on the Level 2, he beats you to death and you respawn, and there is no Nvidia kit anymore (more than that, the respawn point is placed where you couldn't access the kit anyway),
you can always pick it up - unless it fell into lava

Some minor suggestions.

A "weapons select" which would let you choose between anaglyph glasses or Nvidia kit would be helpful as well; something like glasses icon with "1" and Nvidia kit with "2", or an inventory select with "[" and "]".

In-game ESC should not cancel the game abruptly, it should bring you the game menu with the choice to continue the game or cancel and return to the main menu.

Narrations should not overlap - if one narration is not done, you shouldn't start another. Subtitles to go along with the narration would be cool as well.
good suggestions
DmitryKo
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by DmitryKo »

I'm stuck near the exit on the level 2 on the the brocken bridge - there seem to be incorrect bounding boxes, I tried several dozen times to jump onto the last inclined sectio, all to no avail.

BTW, looks like converted monoscopers are useless because they are killed pretty much instantly - I've seen how an unconverted monoscoper blew 3 converts to pieces with a single touch. They do not even try to avoid lava as well.
yuriythebest wrote:you can always pick it up - unless it fell into lava
OK, but still a level reload at the checkpoint would be a proper way, it's almost instant so there should be no problems.
A "weapons select" ... glasses icon with "1" and Nvidia kit with "2"
Oops... already there :mrgreen:
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

I'm stuck near the exit on the level 2 on the the brocken bridge - there seem to be incorrect bounding boxes, I tried several dozen times to jump onto the last inclined sectio, all to no avail.
you have to find the best route- it's challenging yet possible
BTW, looks like converted monoscopers are useless because they are killed pretty much instantly - I've seen how an unconverted monoscoper blew 3 converts to pieces with a single touch. They do not even try to avoid lava as well.
mm interesting - do you have the latest version, does this happen often?

They do not even try to avoid lava as well.
well since they are monoscopers they aren't very smart :mrgreen:
DmitryKo
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by DmitryKo »

yuriythebest wrote:it's challenging yet possible
Maybe, but most people would not have enough patience to find it out, since any error results in instant death.

Also, when standing on the last piece of timber, you obviously stand higher than it should be possible, that's why I think there's problem with level geometry.
do you have the latest version, does this happen often
Yes, it's the latest version, and it happens all the time - converted monoscopers just blow up with a single touch of non-converts.
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

Well, monoscopers also cheats sometimes. Eventually they get kicked when a game restarts. :P
DmitryKo
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by DmitryKo »

A follow-up. I found some more problematic level geometry2 - there are places where you figurally climb up the air. That seems to confuse non-player character AI as well - the fellow stereoscopers start making arbitrary high jumps, move like an inflatable baloon, lay down motionless , tremble at 120 Hz, walk up to the skies, and some even managed to enter the 4th dimension and walk down the bottom of the lava river, unharmed. I have a dozen of screenshots of levels 2 and 3 to prove.

I found a way for stereoscopers to become somewhat more agile - you need to stun a group of monoscopers with anaglyph glasses first, then convert one them - the converted stereoscoper attacks the monoscopers, and after he gets a few easy kills, he can sustain some more damage from attacking monoscopers. Most of them die quickly anywaym, bit at last they don't blow up with a single touch of a monoscoper anymore.

I did pass to the 3rd level - the trick is you don't have to climb the inclined wooden part of the bridge, you just need to jump right to the riverbank. However, the game is utterly unplayable at this stage, because you have dozens of monoscopers chasing you, as well as those blue-ish creatures with big sharp swords which can cut you in pieces in a single moment. Since only stereoscopers can kill these blue beasts (they literally blow them up with a single hit), and stereoscopers die so easily from monoscopers, you have no chance to pass this level. The problem gets worse as powerups do not respawn with you, so you eventually run out of conversion kits and every become an easiy prey for these blue beasts.

And no, I'm not going through the first two levels again just to get to the level 3 :roll:
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

A follow-up. I found some more problematic level geometry2 - there are places where you figurally climb up the air. That seems to confuse non-player character AI as well - the fellow stereoscopers start making arbitrary high jumps, move like an inflatable baloon, lay down motionless , tremble at 120 Hz, walk up to the skies, and some even managed to enter the 4th dimension and walk down the bottom of the lava river, unharmed. I have a dozen of screenshots of levels 2 and 3 to prove.
yup please attach screens this will help me diagnose the issue
. However, the game is utterly unplayable at this stage, because you have dozens of monoscopers chasing you,
you need to first convert em all to anaglyph then convert 1-2 to iz3d/nvidia so they kill em all

as well as those blue-ish creatures with big sharp swords which can cut you in pieces in a single moment.
the Navi

And no, I'm not going through the first two levels again just to get to the level 3 :roll:
when in level 1, press "k" for 8 seconds (will only work in the latest version)
DmitryKo
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by DmitryKo »

yuriythebest wrote:yup please attach screens this will help me diagnose the issue
Sure. http://files.mail.ru/V7NAHS?t=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

you need to first convert em all to anaglyph then convert 1-2 to iz3d/nvidia so they kill em all
Well, that's good in theory; the problem is, with so many monoscopers, there are always a few who have just made "return to their old ways" and I can't manage to stun them all, since they run like hell - so my converted stereoscoper gets killed violently quite soon; also, converted stereoscopers blow up with a funny noise in a minute or two.

Then the Na'vi show up and it goes all over again (see above).
when in level 1, press "k" for 8 seconds (will only work in the latest version)
Cool, but now the monoscopers kill ME with a single touch :woot
twisterbr
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by twisterbr »

the game is fun and funny

i needed to pause the game, pressed esc key, the game went to principal menu, and then never got back to where i was..
got piss and never played it again..

but is a good game though.
DmitryKo
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by DmitryKo »

I managed to get to the final level, but it was a nearly impossible task though, because there are tons of Na'Vi and all the converted support guys either die or stop reacting quite soon. There were lots of similar "walk in the sky" and "acrobatic stunts" bugs, and the boss creature wasn't even trying to fight me, so I had to push him into the lava with lots of anaglyphs - then a monoscoper came out of nowhere and killed Neil before I could watch the final voiceover scene... This game could be fun if the bugs are sorted out; as of now, there are too many problems.
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

DmitryKo wrote:I managed to get to the final level, but it was a nearly impossible task though, because there are tons of Na'Vi and all the converted support guys either die or stop reacting quite soon. There were lots of similar "walk in the sky" and "acrobatic stunts" bugs, and the boss creature wasn't even trying to fight me, so I had to push him into the lava with lots of anaglyphs - then a monoscoper came out of nowhere and killed Neil before I could watch the final voiceover scene... This game could be fun if the bugs are sorted out; as of now, there are too many problems.
were you using the latest version? after you kill the boss the monoscoper killing neil is the final scene so you finished it :mrgreen:
DmitryKo
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by DmitryKo »

yuriythebest wrote:were you using the latest version?
I've been using 1.023 all along; is there another "latest version"?
so you finished it
I know, I just thought the final scene ended abruptly, but if you say it's the way it's meant to be seen... could you please explain who is the final boss and what's up with killing Neil in the end? I missed the final voiceovers...
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

I finally got around to playing this game. LOL! Loads of fun. I mostly liked the voice-over. Reminded me of the old adventure games they don't seem to make anymore. The game is way too hard though.
Neil

Post by Neil »

What? You think it's easy being Neil Schneider?

Regards,
Neil
rahuxx
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by rahuxx »

none of the link is working.
yuriythebest
Petrif-Eyed

Post by yuriythebest »

thanks spammers, I actually forgot about this thread, brings up some nice memories
Guig2000
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Guig2000 »

I was not aware of this, you still have the game somewhere?
Likay
Petrif-Eyed

Post by Likay »

Late answer....
I have the 1.01 version. Unfortunately i missed the updates. Curious enough to make me dig it out?

Return to “General Stereoscopic 3D Discussion”