Ice age 33D trailer shown in "BOLT" movie

Straight press releases and article referrals for review and discussion.
Silversurfer
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Ice age 33D trailer shown in "BOLT" movie

Post by Silversurfer »

According to http://www.marketsaw.blog" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; news it looks like ice age 3 is a done deal for 3-D cinemas. Let's hope so as it's due to air July 1, 2009. Apparently the reporter who also said that "BOLT" was the best CG Disney film up to date commented that the ice age 3D trailer, "looked amazing--clear, smooth, and immersive. I really felt an inch away from Scrat's funny-looking snout as he sniffed around for that acorn."

See the high def trailer here: http://marketsaw.blogspot.com/2008/11/n ... s-way.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Got a release or 3D news story to share? Email press@mtbs3D.com, and we'll put it up!

distantreader
Cross Eyed!

Re: Ice age 33D trailer shown in "BOLT" movie

Post by distantreader »

Went to this movie last night and was surprised of how excellent the S3D effect was without any eyestrain thruout the movie. Surpassed the S3D quality of "the ghost of Titanic" by Cameron a few years back. The circular glasses are light and effective, my sister and brother in law who also saw the movie with me were really impressed and loved the S3D effect. The film itself is also excellent in 2.5D as well.

Also seen the Ice Age trailer and agree that it's excellent, the same as Bolt in the S3D effect.
sharky
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by sharky »

cool!

any chance to download the stereo trailer somewhere? from a review site or something like that?

ehm, what is 2.5 D?
Adam Savage: "I reject your reality and substitute it for my own."
Jamie Hyneman: "It's really cool, but really unusual."

distantreader
Cross Eyed!

Post by distantreader »

Haven't search for it myself. :) 2.5D is just a term to say the flat 3D is not really 3D. I read this from some guide/tutorial from this forum I think.
sharky wrote:cool!

any chance to download the stereo trailer somewhere? from a review site or something like that?

ehm, what is 2.5 D?

Return to “MTBS Newswire”