Windows 10 Version 1809, Sound Cards & Driver Verifier DMA Violation

P.C.Zen
Cross Eyed!

Windows 10 Version 1809, Sound Cards & Driver Verifier DMA Violation

Post by P.C.Zen »

I'm trying to install a sound card but without updating Windows from 1809 to current, Windows won't verify the sound card driver...

...I can't update from 1809 because it's a dedicated 3D vision rig.

I've tried disabling driver signature enforcement by holding the shift key while clicking 'Start' then 'Restart' to get into Trouble Shooting / Advanced Options etc. but when I re-start I get a "Driver Verifier DMA Violation" blue screen.

I've tried disabling Driver Verifier via the Driver Verifier GUI by selecting "Delete Existing Settings" and I've tried disabling it via the command prompt but I just get the message "No Settings were changed".

On the advice from a couple of web pages, I've also tried to delete the following registry entries with Registry Editor:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management\VerifyDrivers

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management\VerifyDriverLevel.

...but all there is under 'Memory Management' is: 'PrefetchParamaters' & 'StoreParameters'

...however, I didn't try and edit the registry in safe mode so...maybe that's why I'm not seeing the entries I'm supposed to delete to disable Driver Verifier? I guess I could try in safe mode but nothing so far has worked and I'm just assuming the above registry entries are for an up to date Win 10 installation and looking for it in safe mode probably wouldn't make much difference?

Not sure what to do at this point.

Have people on the forum encountered this problem?

Maybe someone could recommend a Sound Card that doesn't have driver verification issues under Windows 10, build 1809?

I'm interested in a card with surround sound functionality that I can actually get working with Win 10, 1809

Return to “General Hardware & Software Technical Support”