Retrospective: Beowolf 3 way tech review, which was best?

Straight press releases and article referrals for review and discussion.
Silversurfer
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Retrospective: Beowolf 3 way tech review, which was best?

Post by Silversurfer »

I don't suppose any us were lucky enough to see Beowolf in IMax 3D, Real D & Dolby 3D. That's why I was pleasantly surprised by this retrospective review from Stephen Shankland at CNET.com. This lucky journo got to endure / enjoy 3 sessions of this movies weak storyline but he even had to admit it was a groundbreaking movie from a national release & revenue perspective. He does a jolly good job of explaining the three 3D techno's impact on his viewing experience especially from a non 3D enthusiast but knowledgably point of view. Also what is his view of the future of the 3D movie going experience? Well worth a belated read for MTBS members.

Article: http://news.cnet.com/8301-13580_3-9821709-39.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Got a release or 3D news story to share? Email press@mtbs3D.com, and we'll put it up!

cybereality
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Re: Retrospective: Beowolf 3 way tech review, which was best?

Post by cybereality »

Interesting read. I didn't realize there was a difference between the technologies. I thought it was just branding like Disney does with Real-D.
Freke1
Certif-Eyable!

Re: Retrospective: Beowolf 3 way tech review, which was best?

Post by Freke1 »

thx, sounds like Dolby 3D is using some kind of advanced anaglyph rather than polarized light?

surprised some use a lot of popout while others not, I would think it depended on how the cameras was positioned a lot so it should be more fixed.

From what I hear these 3D theaters gives very good 3D, probably a lot better than my old computer.

Return to “MTBS Newswire”