No way to have 3D vision working with RTX 3000 series?

SawyerTom
One Eyed Hopeful

No way to have 3D vision working with RTX 3000 series?

Post by SawyerTom »

Hello everyone !

I just bought a new RTX 3060 Ti yesterday and i'm so sad to discovered that 3D Vision is not working with these card !
In 3dfix Manager, it says my hardware is 3D Ready but the problem is the drivers, no possible to install 425.31

I am already thinking to sell it, because i've bought it for 3d vision mainly ! lol i know i'm stupid not to have inquired about this series, i was sure it would works!

Or maybe do you think it will be a modded drivers later, so should i keep it ?

thank you for your consideration :)
cheers
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Re: No way to have 3D vision working with RTX 3000 series?

Post by Dom »

I would keep it unless you need the money badly. You can use alternative setups like VR, projector SBS with Tridef and there might be Holographhic tv's coming out soon. You can also play dx9 games with your RTX 3060ti with 3d vision. There are threads on this here if you search.

I think 3d vision is getting replaced by VR headsets and holographic tv's. Might as well upgrade to the currents stuff if you can in the long term. I have 3d vision but its not even running anymore. Color code might be another system the devs here get to work but in time. (They need the energy passion and money to do it)

Dom
http://www.cns-nynolyt.com/files/doms-systemspecs.html My System specs In HTML

Cyberia on Youtube

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

Remember - Vulkan-based games will work on this, so you can still have fun with Doom/Doom:Eternal, Detroit and Surge 2 if you haven't played those, and Helifax intends to do a few more fixes. Also, DX9 games work as well - though obviously you don't need this card for DX9 :D
If you don't care for the above, might be a good idea to re-sell it since the market is good now and buy again when there's a solution for DX11 games/more Vulkan games (would be a nice card for RDR2) or ideal sceneario of driver + DX12 wrapper.
Ryzen 5 5600X, RTX2080Ti, 16GB ram, Windows 20H2, nVidia 452.06, SSD, Dell S2716DG.
SawyerTom
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by SawyerTom »

Thanks for your replies guys!

hmm.. i cross the fingers it will be a fix for DX11 games in 3d vision with RTX 3000 series :)
demobuild
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by demobuild »

Dom wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:11 am I would keep it unless you need the money badly. You can use alternative setups like VR, projector SBS with Tridef and there might be Holographhic tv's coming out soon. You can also play dx9 games with your RTX 3060ti with 3d vision. There are threads on this here if you search.

I think 3d vision is getting replaced by VR headsets and holographic tv's. Might as well upgrade to the currents stuff if you can in the long term. I have 3d vision but its not even running anymore. Color code might be another system the devs here get to work but in time. (They need the energy passion and money to do it)

Dom
I'm still not buying into this Nvidia mentality that VR is replacing 3Dvision. VR has comfort issues, isolation issues. I prefer 3Dvision.

I think people were too quick to hop on the VR bandwagon and say "Oh good we don't need 3dvision anymore".
This wasn't thought all the way through.
I'm coming at it from the other angle where I started on VR and THEN discovered 3dvision. 3dvision is like a god send so much better in many ways.
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

demobuild wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:01 am I'm coming at it from the other angle where I started on VR and THEN discovered 3dvision. 3dvision is like a god send so much better in many ways.
You came from the recent VR generation, like within the last few years?

What is interesting is that VR is pretty much just gamers whereas 3D at least had TV support from all major players. And it failed, so I don't know where that leaves VR. If ppl didn't want to wear glasses, will they want to wear a whole HMD...?
3DV I think definitely has its place because VR is only for certain type of gameplay. Other than watching a virtual giant screen, I don't think playing games like traditional FPS, RTS, or top-down kind of games is well suited for VR. I don't want to be click-moving in Doom. Mind you I have only limited experience in VR, and those experiences were definitely good and I still have yet to try AAA content like Alyx but unless using HelixVision, I'll still have need to play traditional style FPS games and the like and 3DV allows me to play them just like before but with that added dimension.
Ryzen 5 5600X, RTX2080Ti, 16GB ram, Windows 20H2, nVidia 452.06, SSD, Dell S2716DG.
skyrimer
Certif-Eyed!

Post by skyrimer »

Whut? FPS games are mindblowing on VR, Half Life Alyx is almost a religious experience, that's the best game I've ever played. The feeling of being on a living, breathing City 17 is just a different level of gaming,. Traditional gaming, even 3d gaming, feels prehistoric in comparison.

Top down games also work great, check out Moss or Ghost Giant for example, they look fantastic and are among the best VR games out there.

VR success over 3D biggest reason is that no one gets sick by simply using it, together with immersion being 10x more. Where people just got dizzy with 3d, a few but very vocal people, VR is as natural as real sight since it uses two different screens, so no flickering, no ghosting, no dizziness. On the other hand, most people only saw 3d in movies, that 99% of the time is like a sub par diorama, so actually 3d gaming has always been the next generation of gaming no one ever knew that existed.
ASUS PG278QR Monitor
Windows 10 1809
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @3.60ghz
Kingston HyperX Predator DDR4 3200 PC4-25600 16GB 2x8GB CL16
MSI B450 Gaming Plus MAX
Corsair RM650 650W 80 Plus Gold
SSD M.2 2280 500GB
Gigabyte 2080 ti gaming oc
VR: Pimax 8k & Index controllers
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

I don't doubt it's an excellent experience, but I read smooth-motion might be a problem for some in VR, that's why they invented teleportation, which sounds terrible if you want to play fast FPS like Doom. Again, my personal experience is limited - do you feel ok with smooth-motion in fast shooters in VR? Do most people?
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Dom »

Lysander wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 7:56 am I don't doubt it's an excellent experience, but I read smooth-motion might be a problem for some in VR, that's why they invented teleportation, which sounds terrible if you want to play fast FPS like Doom. Again, my personal experience is limited - do you feel ok with smooth-motion in fast shooters in VR? Do most people?
I have played Doom VFR and Doom 1994 (original with mods) in Vr and its really Really nice. Doom VFR has the enhancement to disintergrate the demon with a teleport to body switch when the demon has been shot with bullets a few times and turns blue. ( so the devs do have some extra features for teleporting and also delaying travel time and things like that. Vr is not supposed to be a fast paced experience like twitch shooters.

I like playing Dirt Rally in Vr with my racing wheel more than 3d vision, but 3d vision is a lot easier to setup and get started and I can look around my desk and also listen to music and get off a lot easier.

Dom

Cyberia on Youtube

__________________________________________________________________________________________
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

Cool. At some point I'll get a helmet myself and compare, I'm just saying based on 3D tech I'm very sceptical of VR gaining some massive adoption. Maybe COVID will actually be helpful with this...
demobuild
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by demobuild »

Metro Last Light in 3dvision looks better than anything I've seen in VR. It's not so much about being able to look around. more about the graphics and FX they're using. Also VR has this effect where when you can see things too closely you notice the flaws more.
john105
Cross Eyed!

Post by john105 »

SawyerTom wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:43 am I am already thinking to sell it, because i've bought it for 3d vision mainly ! lol i know i'm stupid not to have inquired about this series, i was sure it would works!

Or maybe do you think it will be a modded drivers later, so should i keep it ?
I would sell it while you still can do it for a good price. I think while not impossible, it's unlikely we'll ever get a modded driver.
Dom wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:11 am I think 3d vision is getting replaced by VR headsets and holographic tv's. Might as well upgrade to the currents stuff if you can in the long term.
I disagree. VR is great because of the immersion, but it also has many disadvantages compared to 3D Vision, like comfort, sceen door effect, etc. For holographic TVs, I believe it when they start selling them. Otherwise it might stay in the proof of concept phase for a long time.
demobuild wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:01 am 3dvision is like a god send so much better in many ways.
+1
skyrimer wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 1:11 am VR success over 3D biggest reason is that no one gets sick by simply using it, together with immersion being 10x more. Where people just got dizzy with 3d, a few but very vocal people, VR is as natural as real sight since it uses two different screens, so no flickering, no ghosting, no dizziness.
My own experience is the complete opposite. 3D Vision fells very natural to me and I can play it for hours without dizziness, eye strain or any discomfort. VR also feels natural, but I get motion sickness from using it pretty quickly.
Feisty_Fernando
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Feisty_Fernando »

Dom wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:11 am there might be Holographhic tv's coming out soon. You can also play dx9 games with your RTX 3060ti with 3d vision. There are threads on this here if you search.

I think 3d vision is getting replaced by VR headsets and holographic tv's.

Dom

Who is making holographic tv's? Any links for info?
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Post by Dom »

Feisty_Fernando wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:30 am
Dom wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:11 am there might be Holographhic tv's coming out soon. You can also play dx9 games with your RTX 3060ti with 3d vision. There are threads on this here if you search.

I think 3d vision is getting replaced by VR headsets and holographic tv's.

Dom

Who is making holographic tv's? Any links for info?
You must know about these guys: https://lookingglassfactory.com/
and there is this: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25586

You can order a holographic display for pictures and some video and camera maybe some games coming.

Dom

Cyberia on Youtube

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”