Legacy drivers

Discussion of legacy stereoscopic 3D gaming hardware and software (e.g. NVIDIA XP stereoscopic 3D drivers).
Grant S
Cross Eyed!

Legacy drivers

Post by Grant S »

Not to be confused with 3D Vision. If I recall the history of the NV3D consumer driver correctly, it was acquired lock stock and barrel from 3DFX when they went under. What became 3D vision was first released for CRT monitors and some OEM devices such as my old Emagine z800 HMD. From what I'm seeing with 3D vision, very little changed with the driver in that time. The Nvidia test screen is the same test screen that we seen in the Win 98 days on our CRT's and limited OEM devices from that time. Not sure anyone would still have use of those old drivers, I've kept them on an old system. They will cover a few generations of graphics cards from that era. The earliest ones should be TNT and GF4 cards up to the 7000 series cards. I think the very last driver is the only one that will work with the 7000 series card. Also included is the very first NV3D user manual PDF. So old and small in size, the entire archive is about the size of a single modern day NV driver.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lt4rpxcnd57ff ... d.zip?dl=0

Return to “Nvidia Legacy Drivers”