Phoenix Point

Skawen
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Phoenix Point

Post by Skawen »

Hello!

Did someone tried Phoenix Point with Unity universal fix.

This game is from X-com original series creator.
Feisty_Fernando

Re: Phoenix Point

Post by Feisty_Fernando »

Skawen wrote:Hello!

Did someone tried Phoenix Point with Unity universal fix.

This game is from X-com original series creator.

It's an Epic Games Store exclusive for now. Will have to check this out if it comes to Steam.
neovad
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by neovad »

Done. Tested only first mission but all looks fine
Skawen

Post by Skawen »

Thank You neovad for testing.

Now this will be my next game to buy!
DJ-RK
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by DJ-RK »

Was planning on doing an update to my XCom 2 WotC fix this month, but figured I'd take a look at this first.

There were some broken reflections (screenspace and specular) with the universal fix, and some lighting didn't get fixed.

So far I've got all the lighting and specular reflections fixed, but still working on screenspace reflections (in the meantime you can disable those in the options). Have also got a very basic HUD fix for the time being (cycle depth with F1), but may incorporate autodepth elements, and possibly even autoconvergence. (all depends on how difficult Unity wants to be, I haven't had much luck getting autodepth shaders working in the past with the engine)

WIP1 Download: https://www.mediafire.com/file/i2234q3u ... nt_WIP.zip
Skawen

Post by Skawen »

Thank You DJ-RK for looking in to this game.

Was silently hoping that You will look in to this game, because You liked Xcom.
DJ-RK
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by DJ-RK »

Oops, I didn't realize that Neovad meant he was building a fix via DSS's Unity script. I thought he was referring to using DHR's universal regex, which as I mentioned in my last post that I tried and still saw there were issues so I figured I'd fix it further. I only noticed he posted up a fix on the blog just now while I was making the post for my Neoverse fix just a few moments ago, otherwise I wouldn't have posted up my WIP. Anyways, glad to see that one's already taken care of, and fortunately I didn't put a lot of time in mine (pretty much just copied my Neoverse fix over and was 90% of the way there). Cheers!
Skawen

Post by Skawen »

Thank You neovad for fix will try soon :)

@DJ-RK I thought the same & missed post on Helixmod.
neovad
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by neovad »

Yes, I made it because DSS had upgraded his scripts for the Unity version 2018.3. By the way DSS script makes better quality of fixing than DHR's regex.
Skawen

Post by Skawen »

Thank You neovad for this amazing fix!

I'm very enjoying this game & in 3d this is masterpiece :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
whyme466
Certif-Eyed!

Post by whyme466 »

Are you playing with controller? I cannot make it through the tutorial mission because I cannot aim/fire using controller - this is a game bug, not a problem with the fix. Mouse/keyboard input has no problem, but I must sit too close to E6 OLED screen to see good 3D across entire screen (controller enables more distance from screen).
Dual boot VR/3D Vision disk partitioning (multiple SSDs). 3D Vision - Windows 10 v1809, 425.31 driver, 32 GB, i9-9900X@4.5 GHz, hybrid-cooled 2080Ti, 4K LG E6 OLED TV with EDID. VR/geo-11 - 3080Ti with Vive Pro 2, also have Aero, wireless lens-modified Vive Pro, Index, Reverb G2, Pimax 8K.
Skawen

Post by Skawen »

Yea I had the same problem with controller, so I'm playing with mouse/keyboard.
whyme466
Certif-Eyed!

Post by whyme466 »

Contacted developer about controller issue - they acknowledged problem and said it would be fixed as a console version emerges, but would not commit to any time frame. I mentioned the great 3D Vision fix for this game.
Dual boot VR/3D Vision disk partitioning (multiple SSDs). 3D Vision - Windows 10 v1809, 425.31 driver, 32 GB, i9-9900X@4.5 GHz, hybrid-cooled 2080Ti, 4K LG E6 OLED TV with EDID. VR/geo-11 - 3080Ti with Vive Pro 2, also have Aero, wireless lens-modified Vive Pro, Index, Reverb G2, Pimax 8K.
whyme466
Certif-Eyed!

Post by whyme466 »

I tried running Phoenix Point after recent Epic Games updates (hoping for fix to long-standing controller problem), but the game no longer starts with neovad's fix. The game launches OK without fix, however. Is anyone else having problems running this game with the fix files/folders included?
NeIVIeSiS
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by NeIVIeSiS »

The game won't launch for me either in Steam, using the fix. It works without fix.
vrem32
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by vrem32 »

Unfortunately game instantly crashes on launch with the fix. Without fix it works but hud and shadows are at the wrong depth.
neovad
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by neovad »

I'll try to refix it soon - if DSS script let me to do this
whyme466
Certif-Eyed!

Post by whyme466 »

The game is now launching in 3D again for me (Epic Games library). Not sure what changed...

Update: tried launching the game again today, but it failed to launch again.
Last edited by whyme466 on Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
neovad
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by neovad »

Unfortunately DarkStarSword's scripts work only for Unity 2018.4. This game has Unity 2019.4 now
neovad
Two Eyed Hopeful

Post by neovad »

whyme466 wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 11:04 am The game is now launching in 3D again for me (Epic Games library). Not sure what changed...

Update: tried launching the game again today, but it failed to launch again.
I've found a reason of this launch behavior

I've checked my old fix in version 1.9 and even fixed fog of war and other shaders manualy. But I have to pass whole game to fix all broken shaders - may be I'll place it to helixmod soon
whyme466
Certif-Eyed!

Post by whyme466 »

Thanks for the update, neovad. Fix is working great so far (just finished tutorial missions). Note that your convergence changes tied to Xbox left and right shoulder buttons conflict with the game assignments for switching between team members. I had to disable your shoulder button assignments in the .ini file. I am also having a problem with game brightness. Most of the time (but not always), the game launches and is much too dark. I could not identify the reason for the dim game display, but I am increasing Gamma setting in the Nvidia Control Panel to overcome this issue.

Note this game still cannot be played using only Xbox controller, even after more than a year of updates. Some capabilities (like using jetpack) and settings interaction have NO corresponding controller button assignment, and keyboard/mouse must be used.

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”