Is it worth to buy a second hand LG OLED 65C6 for 3DVision?

Post your recommended stereoscopic 3D separation/convergence settings along with game performance recommendations.
Enzel
One Eyed Hopeful

Is it worth to buy a second hand LG OLED 65C6 for 3DVision?

Post by Enzel »

I own a 1440p 3D Vision monitor, is it worth to spend 1200 Euros to buy a second hand LG 65C6 OLED?

I have a 1080ti SLI to run it

Thanks!
Zappologist
Cross Eyed!

Re: Is it worth to buy a second hand LG OLED 65C6 for 3DVisi

Post by Zappologist »

Depends on your income and lifestyle, only you can answer this question.
You cannot find better image quality, 2D or 3D (I did not try projectors). But these TVs are prone to burn in, and to misfit 3D filters, so you need to check for these two things before even thinking about buying it. Then, if all is ok, you still need to be aware that the hardware to drive these TVs in 4K 3D has not yet been invented, and probably never will (or when it will, 3D Vision will not be what it is today anyway). So you will always need to fiddle with setup. Play games on lowest settings, turn upscaling on in 3D Migoto, which cripples mouse use, play in SBS/OU which introduces horrible eye desync (probably due to the low refresh of the TVs) etc.

Even so, I bought two of these, when they were 4000 Eur each. I completely devastated one of them with burn in (not that you would notice in actual use). I would buy another one now, if they'd still be making them.
Enzel
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Enzel »

Zappologist wrote:Depends on your income and lifestyle, only you can answer this question.
You cannot find better image quality, 2D or 3D (I did not try projectors). But these TVs are prone to burn in, and to misfit 3D filters, so you need to check for these two things before even thinking about buying it. Then, if all is ok, you still need to be aware that the hardware to drive these TVs in 4K 3D has not yet been invented, and probably never will (or when it will, 3D Vision will not be what it is today anyway). So you will always need to fiddle with setup. Play games on lowest settings, turn upscaling on in 3D Migoto, which cripples mouse use, play in SBS/OU which introduces horrible eye desync (probably due to the low refresh of the TVs) etc.

Even so, I bought two of these, when they were 4000 Eur each. I completely devastated one of them with burn in (not that you would notice in actual use). I would buy another one now, if they'd still be making them.

Thanks a lot for your answer Zappologist, I understand by your words that despite all these problems the quality is so good that it makes it worth it, am i right?
Can you describe me a little better how good is it compared to a 1440P Monitor?
I know about the burn-in and filter problems yep, thanks for the warning
Maybe this year with a 3080ti this screens can be enjoyed as they deserve
artox
Cross Eyed!

Post by artox »

Sorry to deviate from the topic, which is buying this particular OLED TV.
Personally I have been using a Panasonic plasma since 2010 for gaming and have always struggled with disabling HUD, making it
transparent, not playing games like Diablo, etc to avoid burn-in.
What I am trying to say is that I don't regret buying this tv for one minute, but it
has been limiting the games that I play since the moment I got it, which is for 10 years now.
So if you can get your hands on a set I say go for but be aware that like Zappologist you may ruin it ;)
max1972
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Is it worth to buy a second hand LG OLED 65C6 for 3DVision?

Post by max1972 »

I have this TV since 2017, the screen has not faded, 3d is super! But be careful, they have a lot of marriage, it is 3d, reinstalling the software does not help, just change the matrix of which is no longer ...
Necropants
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by Necropants »

My personal opinion is you would be mad to run anything past 1440p at this point for 3dvision gaming if you care about frame rate or graphics settings. (and you should.) It's just too much power to run. I sometimes even regret moving up to 1440p to be honest. I for example run Monster hunter world at 1080p with the sharpening filter on to get an adequate frame rate. SLI is also dead so for most games you will be seeing it bound to one card for the most part. If the 3k series of cards still supported 3dvision it might be another story, but here we are....
Lysander
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Post by Lysander »

Necropants wrote: Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:25 pm If the 3k series of cards still supported 3dvision it might be another story, but here we are....
well, unless you are focused on Vulkan games - remember, Helifax's wonderful Vulkan wrapper allows the use of 30xx cards with the latest drivers! There are 4 fixed AAA games already and he's planning on fixing more, including RDR2 - so if you wanna crank that game up high, 30xx series is an option (if you can find one, that is :D )
Ryzen 5 5600X, RTX2080Ti, 16GB ram, Windows 20H2, nVidia 452.06, SSD, Dell S2716DG.

Return to “S-3D Game Settings (NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision)”