3DVision compatible with new RTX 3080 cards?

eXtremeDevil
One Eyed Hopeful

3DVision compatible with new RTX 3080 cards?

Post by eXtremeDevil »

First of all, this is my first post so I'm truly sorry if this topic/question doesn't belong here.

I just discovered that 3DVision can still be used on new nVidia drivers (I'm still on 425.31 in order to keep playing in 3D). I will soon try to update the driver for my current GTX 970 card and check all the necessary steps for 3D to work.

Right now I'm looking different graphic cards to build a new PC. I am between nVidia RTX 3080 and AMD RX 6000, which were recently announced I believe, and with modes that would make them about 10% - 15% faster that nVidia ones, at least that's what I've been reading about.

Anyway, I have a 3DVision capable monitor and I would like to keep using it and the 3D tech, so my question is, would I be able to use 3DVision with latest Windows build and nVidia 3080?

Thanks in advance!

Little off topic here, I heard that ray tracing implemented by nVidia uses a proprietary standard, whereas AMD uses a more "open" and widely used across consoles one. Is this true? Could there be less compatible games in the future for nVidia an its standard?

Thanks again!
masterotaku
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Re: 3DVision compatible with new RTX 3080 cards?

Post by masterotaku »

eXtremeDevil
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: 3DVision compatible with new RTX 3080 cards?

Post by eXtremeDevil »

I'll try there, thanks!

Return to “NVIDIA GeForce 3D Vision Driver Forums”