Really frustrated paid for product can't reinstall.

Drathian
One Eyed Hopeful

Really frustrated paid for product can't reinstall.

Post by Drathian »

I had a few licenses including 2 for the 7.4 tridef suite, and 2 for tridef vr 1.4, as well as an upgrade for MSI tridef vr 1.3.1, not they are all useless. I'm really upset, they didn't bother sending an email or anything warning about their bankruptcy, now I'm not sure what to do as I used their products for more then just games. :x I recently upgraded all of my systems and don't have any way to activate them even the trial :(.
Drathian
One Eyed Hopeful

Re: Really frustrated paid for product can't reinstall.

Post by Drathian »

This is the list of the software for all of us that no longer works:

https://web.archive.org/web/20181001150 ... m/download
MK
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by MK »

OEM versions doesn't require activation, so these versions still works.
mhalsan
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by mhalsan »

In my case, I don't have an OEM version.I do have a paid license key that is now non-functional.

If anyone has a way around this please let me know. Surely there is a way to unlock the installer now that the company is defunct.

Thanks, mhalsan
Drathian
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Drathian »

I've been sitting on a solution for this since the day after I made this thread, I just don't know how to present it, as it iscopyrighted software. Waiting to see if my workaround to their drm, was the only option. I can reinstall up to the latest drivers with the fix, but there is a distribution issue with it. I mean I could even make a nice innosetup installer and make it look pretty but its a increasing blackish area of the internet with the copyright laws in Europe now.

I've also been collecting everything tridef related installers that a I can find, older ones are harder to find. I did the same thing when iz3d went defunct. I loved their anaglyph driver, but their monitor had the worst bad capacitors, mine burnt out and tossed it years ago.

I have fixed for both sets of defunct software, maybe I should start a discord, anyone?

On the software collecting front so far I Have a few 5's maybe a 4 and 6.7,7-7.4 installers as well as the installers for tridef vr latest version and tridef beta ignition update.
narhicfd
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by narhicfd »

When was Tridef 7.4 released for us to download?? I'm guessing 7.4 was the last update, correct? Need to make a note of it so I know how far back their last game profile goes. Also, did we lose all the info from the forums as well?? The forums had a load of information. You'd think they could have given us a heads up so we could have figured out a way to somehow save all the post.
MK
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by MK »

narhicfd wrote:When was Tridef 7.4 released for us to download?? I'm guessing 7.4 was the last update, correct?

Tridef 7.4 was released 2017-05-03 and it was the last update.
narhicfd wrote:did we lose all the info from the forums as well?? The forums had a load of information.
Yes, we did lose all the info from the forums.
narhicfd

Post by narhicfd »

Hey guys, I'm getting a new mobo this weekend which is going to require a reformat of my harddrive but I need to find a way of reinstalling TriDef 7.4 on my computer since we cant reactivate our software. I dont like using pirated software but it seems like getting a cracked version is my only options that I have. Where can I get a tridef 7.4 to install?? Or maybe there's another way around this issue without having to get a cracked program?? Thanks for any help. I posted this on Reddit Tridef as well. Why couldnt TriDef have had the decency to take care of the reactivation issue before just cutting everyone off like that without so much as a warning?? At least Nvidia had the common curticy to inform the 3D vision users of their discontinued support of the 3D vision driver and gave the software free. Though...I have to admit ...at least will still have continued use of AMD HD3D driver with each new AMD driver released to use with TriDef...how ever long that may be.
AlHudsonFX
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by AlHudsonFX »

narhicfd wrote:Hey guys, I'm getting a new mobo this weekend which is going to require a reformat of my harddrive but I need to find a way of reinstalling TriDef 7.4 on my computer since we cant reactivate our software. I dont like using pirated software but it seems like getting a cracked version is my only options that I have. Where can I get a tridef 7.4 to install?? Or maybe there's another way around this issue without having to get a cracked program?? Thanks for any help. I posted this on Reddit Tridef as well. Why couldnt TriDef have had the decency to take care of the reactivation issue before just cutting everyone off like that without so much as a warning?? At least Nvidia had the common curticy to inform the 3D vision users of their discontinued support of the 3D vision driver and gave the software free. Though...I have to admit ...at least will still have continued use of AMD HD3D driver with each new AMD driver released to use with TriDef...how ever long that may be.
Drathian wrote:I had a few licenses including 2 for the 7.4 tridef suite, and 2 for tridef vr 1.4, as well as an upgrade for MSI tridef vr 1.3.1, not they are all useless. I'm really upset, they didn't bother sending an email or anything warning about their bankruptcy, now I'm not sure what to do as I used their products for more then just games. :x I recently upgraded all of my systems and don't have any way to activate them even the trial :(.
Hello guys!

The last "working" version that doesn't require activation is the:
TriDef 7.4
Ignition: 3.9.19
Date: 4-27-2017

Link here
https://drive.google.com/file/d/17uD4AT ... sp=sharing

I can sure this version works.

But you need to follow the instructions provided (Including setup without internet connection) it has only patch for media player.
However Ignition 3d works flawless (I just tried with Battlefield V using Battlefield 1 profile).

Is the same file that very kindly user asprind provided in Reddit.
itsdarkinhere
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by itsdarkinhere »

Hi Drathian,
you have hinted that you may have a solution to the installing tridef vr problem.
i purchased an msi graphics card over a year ago but have waited until now to activate the free tridef vr software as i have only recently purchased the headset.
i have tried to complain to msi but they have not been helpful. (suggested i should buy vorpx).
i have searched the internet for solutions and tridef 3d is widely available but tridef vr is not.
if you have a solution please could you make it public or at least PM or email it to me.

Thank you
Itsdarkinhere
Guig2000

Post by Guig2000 »

Ignore my message, it's a mistake.
Tomi
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Tomi »

AlHudsonFX wrote:
narhicfd wrote:Hey guys, I'm getting a new mobo this weekend which is going to require a reformat of my harddrive but I need to find a way of reinstalling TriDef 7.4 on my computer since we cant reactivate our software. I dont like using pirated software but it seems like getting a cracked version is my only options that I have. Where can I get a tridef 7.4 to install?? Or maybe there's another way around this issue without having to get a cracked program?? Thanks for any help. I posted this on Reddit Tridef as well. Why couldnt TriDef have had the decency to take care of the reactivation issue before just cutting everyone off like that without so much as a warning?? At least Nvidia had the common curticy to inform the 3D vision users of their discontinued support of the 3D vision driver and gave the software free. Though...I have to admit ...at least will still have continued use of AMD HD3D driver with each new AMD driver released to use with TriDef...how ever long that may be.
Drathian wrote:I had a few licenses including 2 for the 7.4 tridef suite, and 2 for tridef vr 1.4, as well as an upgrade for MSI tridef vr 1.3.1, not they are all useless. I'm really upset, they didn't bother sending an email or anything warning about their bankruptcy, now I'm not sure what to do as I used their products for more then just games. :x I recently upgraded all of my systems and don't have any way to activate them even the trial :(.
Hello guys!

The last "working" version that doesn't require activation is the:
TriDef 7.4
Ignition: 3.9.19
Date: 4-27-2017

Link here
https://drive.google.com/file/d/17uD4AT ... sp=sharing

I can sure this version works.

But you need to follow the instructions provided (Including setup without internet connection) it has only patch for media player.
However Ignition 3d works flawless (I just tried with Battlefield V using Battlefield 1 profile).

Is the same file that very kindly user asprind provided in Reddit.
Hello,
What is password to archive ?
cheers
AlHudsonFX
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by AlHudsonFX »

AlHudsonFX
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by AlHudsonFX »

BTW guys I'm very sad my LG Cinema 3d monitor is dying and I broke my glasses.

I tried many glasses but all have different polarization so image becomes purple with too much ghosting.

So I just bought an Oculus Rift VR and planning check some games with VORPX and share my thoughts

But I'm sad I really love play Tomb Raider games in 3d
asprind
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by asprind »

Sorry to hear about your 3D hardware malfunctioning. Perhaps the monitor can be fixed. Often it's just the capacitors which can be replaced. You could probably do it yourself with a bit of soldering experience and a youtube video, or if not then bringing it to a professional electronics repair shop or person could work out for you. The other thing that often dies out is the background lighting. Providing there are parts available for your model then that's fixable as well. As far as the glasses go, have you tried searching ebay and other classifieds for second hand glasses of that same type ?

Btw, how was your experience with Vorpx ? Have you noticed any differences in comparison with Tridef ?
AlHudsonFX
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by AlHudsonFX »

asprind wrote:Sorry to hear about your 3D hardware malfunctioning. Perhaps the monitor can be fixed. Often it's just the capacitors which can be replaced. You could probably do it yourself with a bit of soldering experience and a youtube video, or if not then bringing it to a professional electronics repair shop or person could work out for you. The other thing that often dies out is the background lighting. Providing there are parts available for your model then that's fixable as well. As far as the glasses go, have you tried searching ebay and other classifieds for second hand glasses of that same type ?

Btw, how was your experience with Vorpx ? Have you noticed any differences in comparison with Tridef ?
Hey asprind! thanks for your advice. (About glasses yeah still I'm looking for some with correct polarization)

About VORPX still I don't buy it (Indeed I fell in love with so many VR titles available), BUT absolutely I'm planning to buy it
marcus locos
Cross Eyed!

Post by marcus locos »

Is there a way to use Tridef 7.4 under Windows 10? For me it only works under Windows 7.

Return to “DDD Tridef Ignition Driver Forums”