Review of Metro 2033 in 3D

Post your comments about official MTBS game reviews here.
PressBot
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by PressBot »

By Neil Schneider

Introduction

I’m three quarters Russian, so I think I can get away with asking this question: why are my Russian brethren always the ones responsible for some nasty nuclear disaster or some whacky environmental mistake?  Sure, we’ve had the occasional Chernobyl and K-19, but who hasn’t?!?

In the continued spirit of comrade conundrums, allow me to introduce you to Metro 2033.  Yes, I know this game is getting on in age, but it’s a great test for DirectX 11 capability and 3D visual flexibility on all three stereoscopic 3D driver solutions.

Read full article...
tritosine5G
Terrif-eying the Ladies!

Re: Review of Metro 2033 in 3D

Post by tritosine5G »

I'd rate the immersion at least 9 ...
...never played a more immersive game, and I can only hope crysis2 will be this immersive (probably won't ) .
Actually I sort of worship this game, and want to play it drunk, even though I dont like being drunk.

BTW:
Gtx285 or 8800/9800 SLI can run this game fine at 720p 3d at dx10/high comfortably. Lowest I saw was 27 per eye, so I'd say that's fine (its only that low when you re outside and you have to hurry then anyway), and anti aliasing for free (AAA) is nice. You can also unlock convergence.
-Biased for 0 Gen HMD's to hell and back must be one hundred percent hell bent bias!
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

I have a GTX 470, but I put all options on low for the best framerates. I can get around 80fps in dead areas and still a solid 30fps+ in heavy fight scenes. Funny you liked the iz3d driver, because I couldn't get it to work really at all. With normal settings there were show-stopper bugs and after setting "simple projection" it fixed it, but the 3D wasn't that great compared to Nvidia. The game is great though, best of 2010.
Neil

Post by Neil »

Hi Cyber,

Are you using a Steam version or retail box version of the game?

Which DX version are you playing the game in?

Regards,
Neil
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Im using Steam version and I think I have it set to DirectX9 since iz3D crashes my computer with the Dx10 support.
Earmack
Binocular Vision CONFIRMED!

Post by Earmack »

Good game in 2D but in 3D much more atmosphere!=)
Neil

Post by Neil »

The following is an excerpt of a blog article.  Read Full Article

By Neil Schneider Introduction General Game Review Nvidia Stereoscopic 3D Findings DDD Stereoscopic 3D Findings iZ3D Stereoscopic 3D Findings Conclusion Introduction I’m three quarters Russian, so I think I can get away with asking this question: why are my Russian brethren always the ones responsible for some nasty nuclear disaster or some whacky environmental mistake?  Sure, we’ve had the occasional Chernobyl and K-19, but who hasn’t?!? In the continued spirit of comrade conundrums, allow me to introduce you to Metro 2033.  Yes, I know this game is getting on in age, but it’s a ...

Return to “MTBS Game Review User Remarks”