178.24 Forceware w/7950 gt ... no more old control panel?

Discussion of legacy stereoscopic 3D gaming hardware and software (e.g. NVIDIA XP stereoscopic 3D drivers).
StereoGaming4Me
Two Eyed Hopeful

178.24 Forceware w/7950 gt ... no more old control panel?

Post by StereoGaming4Me »

Hello all,

Some of you may have pm'd me with possible answers about a DIY planar.. it's *still* about 90% done.. = ) I had no luck with 91.31 pair, 93.71 pair, 93.81 pair, 94.24 pair so I decided to try the 178.24 fw and 162.50 stereo to get this driver issue fixed so my planar is done. It's BSOD repeatedly so I wanted to try the new driver.

Has the old control panel been completely removed? I know there was a way to tweak the registry to enable it on anything beyond 94.xx but I can't remember the tweak nor find the right one on these boards.. in LOCALMACHINE I can adjust stereoviewertype to 0, or 0x80001(753xxx) and still get the newer stereo settings. This doesn't seem to work as I have no option for "dual mirror VGA" nor "planar Left/right" anymore like I used to. Do I need to roll back to a 160.xx forceware driver to have the old cp back? I think I tried the 160 fw on the old 8800 I had with stereo and no luck at all.

Could anyone please advise? Thank you kindly!

amd 5200+ dual core (thought new iz3D 1.09 driver was going to be optimized for dual/quad core systems?)
2gb ram
nvidia 7950 gt 512mb
winxp sp2
dx9c
soundblaster 7.1
nubie
Sharp Eyed Eagle!

Post by nubie »

I have successfully used the "SedonaDisable" registry trick on drivers up to the 162.50 Quadro beta drivers, perhaps even the 177 drivers (although that isn't any use for 3D).
CAVE, see what all the fuss is about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6NN5JKlIi0
StereoGaming4Me
Two Eyed Hopeful

heya nubie

Post by StereoGaming4Me »

Thanks for the reply!! I tried the iZ3D 1.09 driver to get this DIY planar working and zero luck.. got a letter from Vadim over at iZ3D saying their stereomirror planar driver is just for real planar displays, not DIY planars... but good news...

I got fw 93.71, and stereo 93.72 to work perfectly on the DIY planar.. about time since this driver problem has lasted about a month. Yes nubie, your instructions were absolutely correct about the top lcd.. now I just need to mount the mirror and mod/customize/decorate and it's all done. Pretty neat setup and the 93.71 pair work perfect with the z800 too. As for now I'm not putting too much faith in the iZ3D driver, since my card in nvidia and even the nvidia stereo driver doesn't work for my DIY planar and I'm scared to try testing it with the z800 and mess up my current config.

93.71 pair works perfect - this time no specific monitor drivers were added (two 20" acers") that the stereo driver may have to interfere with, and I still have the old nvidia control panel.

Yay!!! This is nice like the z800 but I'm still seeing some ghosting on bright light objects in some games... is my room too dark where my pupils are getting large, or should the brightness on the top lcd be brighter then the back lcd - or equal? With the z800 there is no ghosting at all, and thought the planar was near perfect in eliminating crosstalk when you fine tune everything.

Thanks a bunch for anyone who can help.. after this planar is done I might try a dual projector passive setup in the other room.
mkultra333
Cross Eyed!

Re: 178.24 Forceware w/7950 gt ... no more old control panel?

Post by mkultra333 »

Have you tried the 162.50 drivers with the 162.50 stereo drivers? That worked for me. In fact, I now use the 163.71 drivers with the 162.50 stereo drivers and it all runs nice and stable, with a 7950 gt card, crt monitor and eDimensional glasses.

You need to tweak the registry to get the stereo control panel back,

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\NVIDIA Corporation\Global\NvCplApi\Policies]
"ContextUIPolicy"=dword:00000001
"TaskbarUIPolicy"=dword:00000001
"CplGroupUIPolicy"=dword:00000001
"SedonaDisable"=dword:00000000

If there is no SedonaDisable key then don't worry about it.

I have a longer article on my experiments with drivers and settings on pre-8000 cards over here: http://www.mtbs3d.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=60&t=2164
Okta
Golden Eyed Wiseman! (or woman!)

Re: heya nubie

Post by Okta »

StereoGaming4Me wrote:Thanks for the reply!! I tried the iZ3D 1.09 driver to get this DIY planar working and zero luck.. got a letter from Vadim over at iZ3D saying their stereomirror planar driver is just for real planar displays, not DIY planars... but good news...

I got fw 93.71, and stereo 93.72 to work perfectly on the DIY planar.. about time since this driver problem has lasted about a month. Yes nubie, your instructions were absolutely correct about the top lcd.. now I just need to mount the mirror and mod/customize/decorate and it's all done. Pretty neat setup and the 93.71 pair work perfect with the z800 too. As for now I'm not putting too much faith in the iZ3D driver, since my card in nvidia and even the nvidia stereo driver doesn't work for my DIY planar and I'm scared to try testing it with the z800 and mess up my current config.

93.71 pair works perfect - this time no specific monitor drivers were added (two 20" acers") that the stereo driver may have to interfere with, and I still have the old nvidia control panel.

Yay!!! This is nice like the z800 but I'm still seeing some ghosting on bright light objects in some games... is my room too dark where my pupils are getting large, or should the brightness on the top lcd be brighter then the back lcd - or equal? With the z800 there is no ghosting at all, and thought the planar was near perfect in eliminating crosstalk when you fine tune everything.

Thanks a bunch for anyone who can help.. after this planar is done I might try a dual projector passive setup in the other room.
Could you explain the difference between "real planar displays, not DIY planars"?
"I did not chip in ten grand to seed a first investment round to build value for a Facebook acquisition."
Notch on the FaceDisgrace buyout.

Return to “Nvidia Legacy Drivers”