Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gods & Kings 3D Review

Post your comments about official MTBS game reviews here.
Neil
3D Angel Eyes (Moderator)

Post by Neil »

[stimg='DDD TriDef Ignition 3.6.9 DirectX 9' url=http://www.mtbs3d.com/gallery/albums/us ... 026-ab.jpg]http://www.mtbs3d.com/gallery/albums/us ... 026-ab.jpg[/stimg]
The gaming concept of building things from scratch probably originated with Simcity. With the will of mind and some imaginary cash, the world was your oyster, and your modest village can grow to be a giant metropolis.

Sid Meier's Civilization series takes it up a notch by not only letting you tame a city...you get to shape a world! Today, we review Civilization V: Gods/Kings (Civ5) on DDD TriDef Ignition and Nvidia 3D Vision solutions.

Read full article...
Dom
Diamond Eyed Freakazoid!

Re: Sid Meier's Civilization V: Gods & Kings 3D Review

Post by Dom »

I just bought Rise Of Nations/ Gold edition. Can't wait to play it. I want an autostereo monitor like 10 months ago. 800 dollars for a measly 27 inch bah.. I just need some coop friends to come online to multiplay. And that 200 meters 3d restriction to real life? Come on you don't see a zombie waking down the street. Make 3d real and good and dig yourself out of the boonies.
KrisRoberts
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by KrisRoberts »

Does the game still require a resolution with at least 768 pixel height? When it came out I was really disappointed that I could not run it in 3D on my 720p projector. What was really odd was that if you ran it in windowed mode, you could select 1280x720 and it ran fine in that resolution - but when you switched to full screen the lowest was suddenly 1024x768. At the time I posted on the support forums and there was a terse response saying that indeed 768 was the minimum full screen resolution height and that 3D support was only available on displays at or above that resolution.
cybereality

Post by cybereality »

Wow! That would suck if that's true.
Grallis
One Eyed Hopeful

Post by Grallis »

Nice review, I just have one gripe ... may seem like I'm nit-picking here, but Civ 5 is *not* an RTS, it's a TBS. Big difference.
Neil

Post by Neil »

The following is an excerpt of a blog article.  Read Full Article

IntroductionGeneral ReviewNvidia 3D VisionDDD TriDef IgnitionConclusion Introduction The gaming concept of building things from scratch probably originated with Simcity. With the will of mind and some imaginary cash, the world was your oyster, and your modest village can grow to be a giant metropolis. Sid Meier's Civilization series takes it up a notch by not only letting you tame a city…you get to shape a world! Today, we review Civilization V: Gods/Kings (Civ5) on DDD TriDef Ignition and Nvidia 3D Vision solutions. General Review I haven't done that many RTS game reviews on MTBS because, well…I just don't have the patience to play them. They ...

Return to “MTBS Game Review User Remarks”